Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #2
View in linear mode

Subject: "D7000" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
This message is locked.
ricdiggle Silver Member Charter MemberTue 14-Sep-10 06:19 PM
862 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D7000"

Huddersfield, GB

With leaks all over the internet now, it looks like you'll need to change the name of this forum tomorrow.

New SB700 too!

My Gallery

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D7000
PROWLER69 Silver Member
14th Sep 2010
OpticalSerenity
14th Sep 2010
glennaa11 Silver Member
14th Sep 2010
Floridian Silver Member
14th Sep 2010
briantilley Moderator
14th Sep 2010
glennaa11 Silver Member
15th Sep 2010
Covey22 Moderator
15th Sep 2010
glennaa11 Silver Member
15th Sep 2010
JerryT
15th Sep 2010
prometheas
15th Sep 2010
ricdiggle Silver Member
15th Sep 2010
km6xz Moderator
15th Sep 2010
glennaa11 Silver Member
15th Sep 2010
WorldShooter
15th Sep 2010

PROWLER69 Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2006Tue 14-Sep-10 06:54 PM
236 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D7000"
In response to Reply # 0

Wading River, US

Can't wait to see the real specs. It appears that the price will be higher which will up the cost about $300. Knowing the NAS bug which I always seem to get around this time of year I'll probably get the new D-7000.
Eddie.

"If only God would give me some clear sign! Like making a large deposit in my name in a Swiss bank account".
Woody Allen

http://edmund-365imagesin2009.blogspot.com/
http://www.photoshopelementsuser.com/gallery/view_img.php?id=27273

http://www.pbase.com/tomcat68/root

OpticalSerenity Registered since 23rd Oct 2006Tue 14-Sep-10 07:21 PM
91 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D7000"
In response to Reply # 1

Atlanta, US

I can't wait, really looking forward to continuous focus. Glad it isn't an articulating LCD.

glennaa11 Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Aug 2004Tue 14-Sep-10 08:12 PM
446 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D7000"
In response to Reply # 2

Arlington, US

But if the lack of an internal focusing motor turns out to be true that will be an enormous drawback.

And we'll see how all those extra MPs effect performance too. May not be such a great thing.

I had been starting to lean into the upgrade camp until I starting thinking more about the limitations. Since I will always be taking more stills than video, the improved video functionality isn't likely to be enough to push me over the edge. Maybe just wait for the EVIL whenever it comes out and get that instead....

Glenn
http://picasaweb.google.com/GlennAuve
http://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php/ppuser/71182/cat/500

Floridian Silver Member Nikonian since 11th Feb 2007Tue 14-Sep-10 10:02 PM
2707 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: D7000"
In response to Reply # 3

Tallahassee, Florida, US

>... Maybe just wait for the EVIL whenever it comes out and
>get that instead....

If this is what you want (and, I can see the attraction), there's no reason to wait for the Nikon EVIL. You'll need to get new EVIL-compatible lenses anyway, so there's no advantage to Nikon vs. the systems that are already available.

Is your comment based on brand loyalty?

Randy

briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003Tue 14-Sep-10 10:17 PM
28674 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: D7000"
In response to Reply # 4

Paignton, GB

>...so there's no advantage to Nikon vs. the systems that are
>already available.

One advantage might be compatibility with the Nikon CLS wireless flash system

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

glennaa11 Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Aug 2004Wed 15-Sep-10 02:05 AM
446 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: D7000"
In response to Reply # 4

Arlington, US

do we know for sure that Nikon's current library of lens won't be compatible with a potential EVIL?

Glenn

Covey22 Moderator Expert in various fields including aviation photography Awarded for his contributions to the Resources and The Nikonian eZine Charter MemberWed 15-Sep-10 01:15 PM
10565 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#12. "RE: D7000"
In response to Reply # 7

US

No, we do not, but the F-mount size precludes the EVIL camera being significantly smaller than even say a D3000. Even though it is high-performing (theoretically), the EVIL camera is still supposed to be a compact camera. If it's as big as a D3000 and still takes the same size lenses, well, then there's no point to carrying one. I'm personally guessing a new line of DX lenses that are specific to the camera...

"Toodle-loo from Covey22!"

-Armando
Nikonians Team
Nikonians News - Fresh Everyday!

The Covey Blog!

My Plan:

Get out of the car.
Get closer to the subject.
Pick the right mid-tone this time.

See My Nikonians Gallery

glennaa11 Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Aug 2004Wed 15-Sep-10 01:39 PM
#13. "RE: D7000"
In response to Reply # 12

Arlington, US

well, but eliminating the pentaprism will allow for a more compact size to the body. Look at the Sony NEX system where the actual camera body is small but the lenses look big. I believe that system is compatible with many of their lenses.

Glenn

JerryT Registered since 31st May 2010Wed 15-Sep-10 01:14 AM
615 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: D7000"
In response to Reply # 0

US

>With leaks all over the internet now, it looks like you'll
>need to change the name of this forum tomorrow.
>
>New SB700 too!

So what are all the rumors that seem so common? I get most of my info from Nikonians and so far in this thread I'm only reading about solid rumors. So what are they or do I just wait until tomorrow?

prometheas Registered since 07th Sep 2008Wed 15-Sep-10 07:19 AM
73 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: D7000"
In response to Reply # 6

Athens, GR

It seems that Nikon has listened to all our requests (almost) this time.
Nothing is missing!

http://www.dpreview.com/news/1009/10091515nikond7000.asp

Support for Non CPU lenses is there, AF adjust is there, new metering system, new AF, magnesium alloy body, 100% viewfinder coverage etc etc

I am about to preorder any time now!!

Nikonian in Athens, Greece

ricdiggle Silver Member Charter MemberWed 15-Sep-10 10:12 AM
862 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: D7000"
In response to Reply # 8

Huddersfield, GB

Incredible specs for this camera. I don't understand the 1/320th flash sync speed. Does this indicate that the D7000 has no FP mode?

Otherwise, the UK price is about £20 under the D300s. If you buy the optional grip, it's more than £100 more expensive! Hopefully this will change as regular stock becomes available.

Screw the EVIL system - this thing seems the perfect second camera.
I cannot wait to read the D400 specs now - it's going to have to be insanely good.

My Gallery

km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009Wed 15-Sep-10 10:32 AM
3292 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: D7000"
In response to Reply # 9

St Petersburg, RU

Yes, if has FP, nothing seems to be left out from the D90, but a great deal has been added. This will kill D300s sales until it is replaced next year.

Stan
St Petersburg Russia

glennaa11 Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Aug 2004Wed 15-Sep-10 11:22 AM
#11. "RE: D7000"
In response to Reply # 10

Arlington, US

Yeah, I can't see why anyone would choose a 300s over this...

Bummed that it's yet another new battery type. Why can't I just use the batteries I already have for my D90?

OK, I want it, I want it, I want it! Too bad it's not out already. I leave Oct. 10 for 3 weeks in Bhutan. I guess the D90 will have to do. LOL.

Glenn

WorldShooter Registered since 16th Apr 2009Wed 15-Sep-10 07:51 PM
186 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#14. "RE: D7000"
In response to Reply # 8
Wed 15-Sep-10 07:52 PM by WorldShooter

NL

>It seems that Nikon has listened to all our requests (almost) this time.
>Nothing is missing!

From the pics at DPReview I can see one thing that's missing (that I would've liked): a dedicated AF-ON button.

As for the rest:
- very, very impressive
- it'll put huge pressure on the D300S, so next year's D400 must simply be amazing
- I'm very curious about IQ (dynamic range, noise levels, high ISO performance)

Ah well, just a little bit longer biding our time until the first serious reviews come in...

Regards, Peter

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #2 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.