Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #1945
View in linear mode

Subject: "Paid too much? The costs factored in?" Previous topic | Next topic
Robman3 Registered since 12th Apr 2010Wed 17-Nov-10 12:13 AM
1757 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Paid too much? The costs factored in?"

West of Santa Monica, US

I bought 2) EN-EL 15's last night from Amazon, through One Call in Tacoma.

These batteries were listed at $72 plus or minus, B & H has no stock, listed at $60.

The D7K's (0ne in hand one on B/O at Samy's) retail plus tax, that's fair.

I've an assignment in DK and HAD to have the batteries for back up, would have paid more but found out after the fact that Amazon shipping and handeling exceeds what buying direct would have been for expedited shipping.

However, too much trouble to cancel and reorder, especially as only three on hand.

Lesson learned, Amazon dunnage is a little higher then to get a cut, not complaining but....next time I'd go around them in order to shave a few points when playing and paying retail.

Rob

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Paid too much? The costs factored in?
agedrunner Silver Member
17th Nov 2010
GP1152
17th Nov 2010
DsrtVW Gold Member
17th Nov 2010
Robman3
17th Nov 2010
rodsky77
17th Nov 2010
Robman3
17th Nov 2010

agedrunner Silver Member Nikonian since 13th Oct 2010Wed 17-Nov-10 01:42 AM
7 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Paid too much? The costs factored in?"
In response to Reply # 0

City, US

I just ordered an EN-El 15 from Adorama. They do not have them in stock and are listed as on backorder for $59.95. We will see when they actually come in.

GP1152 Registered since 07th Nov 2010Wed 17-Nov-10 03:06 AM
21 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Paid too much? The costs factored in?"
In response to Reply # 0

US

I went to my local shop today to buy a filter and asked about the battery and when they thought they'd be receiving them. Turned out they had just received their shipment today so i bought one. Price was $58.

DsrtVW Gold Member Nikonian since 16th Dec 2007Wed 17-Nov-10 04:22 AM
15 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Paid too much? The costs factored in?"
In response to Reply # 2

US

My local shop called me yesterday 11-15 they had battery in stock. I paid full retail 72.00 but I will get them to cut me some slack on a future purchase. Was not going to haggle on a item I could not get anywhere else. I needed one so I pulled the trigger. They also had the new grip in stock also.

Robman3 Registered since 12th Apr 2010Wed 17-Nov-10 05:30 AM
1757 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Paid too much? The costs factored in?"
In response to Reply # 3

West of Santa Monica, US

That's my take as well, these are no longer available from the web dealer in Tacoma and now, I don't have to think about it for the shoot.

I guess that's the metaphor here.

Grip looks cool, but need Zoom H4N before the grip.

I'm excited by possibilities, getting video chops into the mix.

Exposures and F-stops will be a challenge at first as this camera doesn't have in viewer adjust for WB exposure like the D3S, but it's a great camera up through 6400 and replaces my D90 in the kit.

Cheers,

Rob

rodsky77 Registered since 08th Jan 2008Wed 17-Nov-10 10:02 AM
345 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Paid too much? The costs factored in?"
In response to Reply # 0

US

$70 for a battery is ridiculous.... Was the retail cost for previous generation of the battery as high?

New Jersey Nikonian

Robman3 Registered since 12th Apr 2010Wed 17-Nov-10 08:58 PM
#6. "RE: Paid too much? The costs factored in?"
In response to Reply # 5

West of Santa Monica, US

That's likely the retail and MAP is $60.

I got them, have the charger running and agree it's a rip at some level. Unfortunately, last year in NYC, had to buy a D90 battery on Broadway, they were asking double, I was DOA and B & H and Adormama were closed for the Succot.

That WAS a rip off by far.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #1945 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.