Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #1913
View in linear mode

Subject: "Where can I get a D7000" Previous topic | Next topic
AnthonyClemente Registered since 15th Nov 2010Tue 16-Nov-10 01:21 PM
35 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Where can I get a D7000"

New York, US

I have one pre-ordered with Adorama, but I ordered 10/21 and they don't seem to have any idea when I will actually receive one. At this point I'm happy to cancel my order if I can find a body only from anywhere else. I saw some people mentioned in other threads that they were able to pick one up from smaller shops. I live in NYC, so everywhere around here is sold out. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,

Anthony

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Where can I get a D7000
caesarhernandez
16th Nov 2010
AnthonyClemente
16th Nov 2010
conradcjc Silver Member
16th Nov 2010
AnthonyClemente
16th Nov 2010
conradcjc Silver Member
16th Nov 2010
AnthonyClemente
16th Nov 2010
RWA0655
16th Nov 2010
conradcjc Silver Member
16th Nov 2010
briantilley Moderator
16th Nov 2010
AnthonyClemente
16th Nov 2010
briantilley Moderator
16th Nov 2010
caesarhernandez
16th Nov 2010
teaksmith
16th Nov 2010
thebruge
16th Nov 2010
JHzlwd Silver Member
17th Nov 2010
Cobalt
17th Nov 2010

caesarhernandez Registered since 04th Nov 2010Tue 16-Nov-10 02:23 PM
29 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Where can I get a D7000"
In response to Reply # 0

CR

Newtonville Camera(Google the phone number) had both bodies and kits in stock as of yesterday, they just shipped me one.

AnthonyClemente Registered since 15th Nov 2010Tue 16-Nov-10 02:33 PM
35 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Where can I get a D7000"
In response to Reply # 1
Tue 16-Nov-10 02:33 PM by AnthonyClemente

New York, US

>Newtonville Camera(Google the phone number) had both bodies
>and kits in stock as of yesterday, they just shipped me one.

Thanks, I just called them and they only have the display model at the moment, but they expect more soon and I'm on their list.

Anyone have other ideas?

conradcjc Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Nov 2010Tue 16-Nov-10 02:55 PM
59 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Where can I get a D7000"
In response to Reply # 2

US

I just purchased mine yesterday from Gary Camera. He received a shipment of D7000 body only and I snagged one right up. You can checkout their website.

http://garycameradigital.com/

His site says out of stock but I would call.

AnthonyClemente Registered since 15th Nov 2010Tue 16-Nov-10 03:02 PM
#4. "RE: Where can I get a D7000"
In response to Reply # 3
Tue 16-Nov-10 03:29 PM by AnthonyClemente

New York, US

>I just purchased mine yesterday from Gary Camera. He received
>a shipment of D7000 body only and I snagged one right up. You
>can checkout their website.
>
>http://garycameradigital.com/
>
>His site says out of stock but I would call.

Thanks a lot, just spoke with them and they want 1,395 with shipping included. Waiting to hear back if they will make it rush shipping as I hate paying premiums.

Is that what you paid?

edit: I just ordered it, I hate being impatient but I would love to test the camera over the weekend and they guaranteed it for Friday. Thanks for the advice

conradcjc Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Nov 2010Tue 16-Nov-10 03:51 PM
59 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Where can I get a D7000"
In response to Reply # 4

US

Yes. That is what I paid. $1395.00 included shipping. I am glad I could help you out. I noticed smaller mom and pop type places have the hard to get items when the big retailers (B&H, Best Buy, J&R) run out.

What kind of lenses do you have? I don't have anything yet. I still need to make a order for some lenses. What do you recommend?

AnthonyClemente Registered since 15th Nov 2010Tue 16-Nov-10 03:58 PM
#6. "RE: Where can I get a D7000"
In response to Reply # 5

New York, US

>Yes. That is what I paid. $1395.00 included shipping. I am
>glad I could help you out. I noticed smaller mom and pop type
>places have the hard to get items when the big retailers
>(B&H, Best Buy, J&R) run out.
>
>What kind of lenses do you have? I don't have anything yet. I
>still need to make a order for some lenses. What do you
>recommend?

I've got a bunch of lenses, but if you're just getting started I would say that a 24-70 2.8 is a lens that will be the best all around. I have one from Sigma and I am very happy with it. If you've got the cash I'm sure the Nikon one is better, but I just can't justify the cost. Outside of that it really depends on what you're looking to shoot. My second favourite is my 70-200 which I use when I'm shooting models or people. If you're doing landscapes then a wide angle is great, 10-22 has served me well. Macro is a lot of fun, but I haven't used it much. I also have a fish-eye that's collecting dust that hopefully I'll start using again soon.

First figure out what you shoot most often and then you will know which lens is best. But like I said, if you just want a great everyday lens then 24-70 can't be beat.

RWA0655 Registered since 15th Nov 2010Tue 16-Nov-10 04:22 PM
9 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Where can I get a D7000"
In response to Reply # 6

US

You may want to check compatibility before buying anything other than a Nikkor lens as several commentators have complained of focus issues when using certain Sigma lenses with the D7000.

I personally like the 18-200mm Nikkor lens. It makes a great "walking around" lens. If you find the original version without the zoom lock, you can save a few bucks, as the newer and older versions are internally identical. I've finally settled on the 18-200mm and a 35mm f1.8 to cover 99% of my needs.

conradcjc Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Nov 2010Tue 16-Nov-10 04:47 PM
#9. "RE: Where can I get a D7000"
In response to Reply # 6

US

How does the 24-70mm do without VR?

briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003Tue 16-Nov-10 04:56 PM
28322 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: Where can I get a D7000"
In response to Reply # 9

Paignton, GB

So as not to hi-jack Anthony's thread about where to find a D7000, lens-related questions such as this will be better off in our Nikkor AF Lenses Forum.

Many thanks

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

AnthonyClemente Registered since 15th Nov 2010Tue 16-Nov-10 05:04 PM
#11. "RE: Where can I get a D7000"
In response to Reply # 10

New York, US

I found myself a camera, I have no issue with the thread being hijacked.

www.AnthonyClemente.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003Tue 16-Nov-10 05:59 PM
28322 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#12. "RE: Where can I get a D7000"
In response to Reply # 11

Paignton, GB

Thanks, Anthony.

Conrad's question will attract a wider range of responses in the Nikkors Forum

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

caesarhernandez Registered since 04th Nov 2010Tue 16-Nov-10 04:32 PM
29 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Where can I get a D7000"
In response to Reply # 4

CR

Newtonville doesn't try to rip you off, sels for list of $1199

teaksmith Registered since 02nd Feb 2009Tue 16-Nov-10 10:56 PM
15 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#13. "RE: Where can I get a D7000"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Mine arrived today from Roberts Imaging. Called Doris on Friday and got it today - free shipping and all.

Scott

thebruge Registered since 16th Nov 2010Tue 16-Nov-10 11:09 PM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#14. "RE: Where can I get a D7000"
In response to Reply # 13

US

You could try here:

http://www.nowinstock.net/digitalcameras/nikon/d7000/

JHzlwd Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Oct 2007Wed 17-Nov-10 09:49 PM
408 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#15. "RE: Where can I get a D7000"
In response to Reply # 0

Calgary, CA

I suggest you do what Thom Hogan recommends which is search smaller or more obscure places for dealers who will ship. Although my city has a population of 1,000,000 we are in western Canada and that's not quite the same as NY or LA when it comes to frenzied buyers scooping up the stock. Last Friday I simply walked over to the local drugstore and bought one at their camera counter for $1200. They had lots left.

Best wishes,
JH

http://www.wolfwillow.com/Photo/WPhoto

Cobalt Registered since 20th Apr 2008Wed 17-Nov-10 10:02 PM
67 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#16. "RE: Where can I get a D7000"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Try Milford Photo, Milford CT.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #1913 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.