Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #1871
View in linear mode

Subject: "Time Lapse w/D7000" Previous topic | Next topic
Cobalt Registered since 20th Apr 2008Mon 15-Nov-10 12:15 PM
67 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Time Lapse w/D7000"
Tue 16-Nov-10 05:58 PM by Cobalt

US

This past weekend I tried my hand at time lapse photography, using the D7000. I set the camera on a tripod just after sunset and captured 124 images at 10 second intervals.

I then brought the series into Lightroom so that I could resize the JPEGs to a smaller size. I exported the images (that is how I invoke the batch re-size command) and then used PS5 to create the video file.

It worked well for my first effort. The live view screen was a big help to get my focus set. I turned LV on, zoomed into a star, and then manually focused the 50mm f/1.4 lens I was using.

I set the camera on Aperture priority at f/1.4 and iso was set to 500. This setting allowed the shutter speed to adjust as the sky darkened. A few clouds moved through as the camera was clicking away, and made for some great elements in the series.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Time Lapse w/D7000
tgreenwald Silver Member
15th Nov 2010
Cobalt
15th Nov 2010
craigc
16th Nov 2010
Cobalt
16th Nov 2010
cwcoffman Silver Member
16th Nov 2010

tgreenwald Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Dec 2005Mon 15-Nov-10 03:20 PM
1463 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#1. "RE: Time Lapse w/D7000"
In response to Reply # 0

Delray Beach, US

Like one of my motorcycle forums says- no pic=no new bike, just saying........

Love to see it...

Capt T
www.teddgreenwald.com

Cobalt Registered since 20th Apr 2008Mon 15-Nov-10 08:55 PM
67 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Time Lapse w/D7000"
In response to Reply # 1

US

I would love to share it, but its a video and I am looking for any suggestions on how to post that. I was thinking a link to something like Vimeo?

craigc Registered since 10th May 2007Tue 16-Nov-10 05:09 AM
56 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Time Lapse w/D7000"
In response to Reply # 2

austin, US

yes link, thanks

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Cobalt Registered since 20th Apr 2008Tue 16-Nov-10 05:36 PM
#4. "RE: Time Lapse w/D7000"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue 16-Nov-10 08:32 PM by Cobalt

US

http://www.vimeo.com/16895667

This is the link to to video clip. It is a short clip, but a good depiction of the time lapse possibilities that can be achieved.

The bright star in the lower right is actually the planet Saturn.

This was composed by shooting 156 images at 15 second intervals.

cwcoffman Silver Member Nikonian since 30th Apr 2010Tue 16-Nov-10 06:39 PM
46 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Time Lapse w/D7000"
In response to Reply # 4

Sacramento, US

Very cool video. I've read a few reviews, but this is the first mention I've seen of the intervalometer. I really NEED this camera.

C W Coffman

If there's no photo, it didn't happen.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #1871 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.