Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #187
View in linear mode

Subject: "Where are the bodies of D7000 made?" Previous topic | Next topic
apjaworski Registered since 16th Sep 2010Thu 16-Sep-10 10:42 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Where are the bodies of D7000 made?"

US

Does anybody know where Nikon makes D7000 bodies.

Thanks in advance,

Andy

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Where are the bodies of D7000 made?
MstrBones Silver Member
17th Sep 2010
prometheas
17th Sep 2010
kricha6431
21st Sep 2010
briantilley Moderator
21st Sep 2010
MEMcD Moderator
17th Sep 2010
prometheas
18th Sep 2010
glennaa11 Silver Member
23rd Sep 2010
enesunkie Silver Member
24th Sep 2010
WorldShooter
21st Sep 2010
Tony_Jeffree
22nd Sep 2010
RWCooper Silver Member
22nd Sep 2010
gkaiseril Gold Member
22nd Sep 2010
km6xz Moderator
24th Sep 2010
MstrBones Silver Member
24th Sep 2010
Lakeesh
29th Sep 2010
briantilley Moderator
29th Sep 2010
Lakeesh
29th Sep 2010
briantilley Moderator
29th Sep 2010
Lakeesh
29th Sep 2010
briantilley Moderator
29th Sep 2010
km6xz Moderator
29th Sep 2010
wingdo
30th Sep 2010
blw Moderator
29th Sep 2010
Lakeesh
29th Sep 2010
briantilley Moderator
29th Sep 2010
MstrBones Silver Member
30th Sep 2010
Lakeesh
30th Sep 2010
wingdo
30th Sep 2010
Lakeesh
01st Oct 2010
Tony_Jeffree
01st Oct 2010
km6xz Moderator
01st Oct 2010
briantilley Moderator
01st Oct 2010
Lakeesh
01st Oct 2010
briantilley Moderator
01st Oct 2010

MstrBones Silver Member Nikonian since 06th Dec 2005Fri 17-Sep-10 12:13 AM
8238 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Where are the bodies of D7000 made?"
In response to Reply # 0

AW

I would assume they come out of the Thailand plant like all DX Nikons these days.

""

prometheas Registered since 07th Sep 2008Fri 17-Sep-10 09:59 AM
73 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Where are the bodies of D7000 made?"
In response to Reply # 1

Athens, GR

I would also bet they are manufactured in Thailand. Nothing to worry about.

Nikonian in Athens, Greece

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

kricha6431 Registered since 15th Aug 2010Tue 21-Sep-10 04:17 AM
16 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Where are the bodies of D7000 made?"
In response to Reply # 1

US

I don't think the D300s did, i think it was made in Japan, as well as the rest of the pro bodys, only the lower line are made overseas, if i'm correct. So D7000 should be made where ever the pro bodys were made

Photography: you either have it in you to handle the demands Phography presents you everday or get out

briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003Tue 21-Sep-10 08:05 AM
28329 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Where are the bodies of D7000 made?"
In response to Reply # 5

Paignton, GB

>I don't think the D300s did, i think it was made in Japan, as
>well as the rest of the pro bodys, only the lower line are
>made overseas, if i'm correct.

The D300 and D300s were/are manufactured in Nikon's Thailand factory.

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Fri 17-Sep-10 11:34 PM
25040 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Where are the bodies of D7000 made?"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Andy,

Whereever they are going to be built, Nikon is going to have to ramp up production big time to take full advantage of conquest sales as the D7000 should be a real winner. Loosing sales because of long waits for delivery would not be benificial to Nikons bottom line.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

prometheas Registered since 07th Sep 2008Sat 18-Sep-10 06:19 AM
73 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Where are the bodies of D7000 made?"
In response to Reply # 3

Athens, GR

This is true. Long lists of pre-orders are already being developed on almost all stores. Nikon will have to work hard to catch up with expected demand

Nikonian in Athens, Greece

glennaa11 Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Aug 2004Thu 23-Sep-10 01:48 AM
444 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "RE: Where are the bodies of D7000 made?"
In response to Reply # 4

Arlington, US

Hopefully they've already made a huge number of them to fulfill the orders once it finally starts shipping in a month. Not sure why the announce a product like this so far in advance though. It just frustrates people that they have to wait.

Glenn
http://picasaweb.google.com/GlennAuve
http://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php/ppuser/71182/cat/500

enesunkie Silver Member Nikonian since 23rd Apr 2008Fri 24-Sep-10 03:32 AM
34 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#12. "RE: Where are the bodies of D7000 made?"
In response to Reply # 11

Buffalo, US

Waiting for a product that we have the specs for and a reasonable time frame for delivery isn’t nearly as bad has not having either of those bits of information! There are a lot of people that would love to know the specs and delivery date for the “D800”, even if it meant waiting a lot longer than a month.

Kurt

WorldShooter Registered since 16th Apr 2009Tue 21-Sep-10 07:25 PM
186 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Where are the bodies of D7000 made?"
In response to Reply # 0

NL

>Does anybody know where Nikon makes D7000 bodies.

Hi Andy,

I'm curious as to why that would matter (to you)?
Please enlighten us!

Regards, Peter

Tony_Jeffree Registered since 13th Oct 2004Wed 22-Sep-10 10:59 AM
2016 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Where are the bodies of D7000 made?"
In response to Reply # 7

Manchester, GB

>I'm curious as to why that would matter (to you)?
>Please enlighten us!

So am I. As far as I am concerned, if it has the Nikon label on it, then it is built to Nikon quality standards. End of.

Regards,
Tony

My Nikonians Gallery

RWCooper Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Jul 2004Wed 22-Sep-10 03:59 PM
975 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: Where are the bodies of D7000 made?"
In response to Reply # 8

Winnipeg, CA

Hi,

I've never had problems with Nikon equipment that was not made in Japan.

Enjoy!
Randy

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Wed 22-Sep-10 04:33 PM
6739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: Where are the bodies of D7000 made?"
In response to Reply # 9
Wed 22-Sep-10 04:37 PM by gkaiseril

Chicago, US

Most of Nikon products are not made in Japan. Labor costs in Japan would make most Nikon equipment unaffordable and the labor force in other contraries are just as skilled as the Japanese and cost less.

This is a result of globalization. Most cars are built with parts from all over the world. Even Boeing is acquiring parts from all over the world for their planes and only assembling them Washington. Most of the parts for the original IBM PC were off-shored and IBM only put a sticker on the system. Does that make the items any better or worse?

George
My Nikonian Galleries

km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009Fri 24-Sep-10 05:08 AM
3262 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#13. "RE: Where are the bodies of D7000 made?"
In response to Reply # 10

St Petersburg, RU

The components in the assembled camera are certainly not made in Thailand exclusively, some are from Japan, China, Malaysia etc, some of the ICs might even be made in the US were there is still some manufacturing. About the only products which are made from parts and sub-assemblies from totally in-country might be China since it is now the most self-contained manufacturing country. Not many years ago, only the US and USSR were self contained, making all the parts, materials, chemicals, processing/assembling equipment needed for manufactured finished items.
So the country of assembly nowadays is little indication of quality, innovation or reliability of products. If anything is an indicator it is the age and generation of automation equipment used. China is used for most electronics sub assemblies, such as pc boards, regardless of where the final assembly is because they have the most up to date automation, as set forth in a national industrial policy. It is not because of cheaper labor, just how much hand labor it needed to assemble that pc motherboard or camera main processor board? Not much, and what there is, has to be higher skilled than prior generations of workers. China wins in that game also because they churn out more qualified engineers than anyplace, 50 times that of the US on an annual basis. The best and brightest students go into engineering and science in China and in the US those people now go into financial services- Wall Street, which last time I checked, does not produce anything. Recent reports by the IP monitoring organization rates China as the new innovation leader, with patent apps up 18% just last year, while the US was down 11% last year. Germany, also was on the same downward trend-line.

If someone limits their purchases to countries of origin other than China, they will not have any household products or electronics, not have transportation options(even their feet), have few if any processed food options, limited fresh food options, no communications, etc.
Stan
St Petersburg Russia

MstrBones Silver Member Nikonian since 06th Dec 2005Fri 24-Sep-10 03:57 PM
8238 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#14. "RE: Where are the bodies of D7000 made?"
In response to Reply # 10
Fri 24-Sep-10 08:58 PM by MstrBones

AW

>Labor costs in Japan would make most Nikon equipment unaffordable and the labor force in other contraries are just as skilled as the Japanese and cost less.

I believe Canon still builds all their bodies in Japan and their prices are very competitive.

""

Lakeesh Registered since 02nd Aug 2009Wed 29-Sep-10 02:40 AM
170 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#15. "RE: Where are the bodies of D7000 made?"
In response to Reply # 0

US

It's a good question. It's hard to know where the stuff is assembled without looking at a specimen. Even then you won't know where the insides came fom.

It's infuriating when companies, whether European or Japanese, move their factories to China and try to charge European or Japanese prices for their products by sticking their fancy label on them.

briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003Wed 29-Sep-10 08:49 AM
28329 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#16. "RE: Where are the bodies of D7000 made?"
In response to Reply # 15

Paignton, GB

>It's infuriating when companies, whether European or Japanese,
>move their factories to China and try to charge European or
>Japanese prices for their products by sticking their fancy
>label on them.

It shouldn't be infuriating, and it's not just a "fancy label" - the D7000 is still a real Nikon

Wherever the D7000 were to be assembled, it would be in a Nikon-operated factory, to the same Nikon quality standards. The camera would not be any "better" if it were assembled in Japan.

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

Lakeesh Registered since 02nd Aug 2009Wed 29-Sep-10 10:29 AM
170 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#17. "RE: Where are the bodies of D7000 made?"
In response to Reply # 16

US

The D7000 is not made in China. If it were, I would not buy it.

>
>>It's infuriating when companies, whether European or
>Japanese,
>>move their factories to China and try to charge European
>or
>>Japanese prices for their products by sticking their
>fancy
>>label on them.
>
>It shouldn't be infuriating, and it's not just a "fancy
>label" - the D7000 is still a real Nikon
>
>Wherever the D7000 were to be assembled, it would be in a
>Nikon-operated factory, to the same Nikon quality standards.
>The camera would not be any "better" if it were
>assembled in Japan.

briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003Wed 29-Sep-10 02:05 PM
#18. "RE: Where are the bodies of D7000 made?"
In response to Reply # 17

Paignton, GB

>The D7000 is not made in China. If it were, I would not buy it.

That's your decision - there are many reasons why an individual may choose not to buy products made in a particular country - but I submit that with Nikon equipment, your criteria must be something other than actual quality issues.

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

Lakeesh Registered since 02nd Aug 2009Wed 29-Sep-10 02:16 PM
#19. "RE: Where are the bodies of D7000 made?"
In response to Reply # 18

US

>>The D7000 is not made in China. If it were, I would not
>buy it.
>
>That's your decision - there are many reasons why an
>individual may choose not to buy products made in a particular
>country - but I submit that with Nikon equipment, your
>criteria must be something other than actual quality issues.

I own two flashes: the SB600 (made in China) and SB800 (made in Japan), and the there is a clear diffence in the fit and finish. I've handled made in China lenses (the only one I own is the AF 50/1.8D), and there is a clear difference in the workmanship. Manufacturers turn to China for cheap mass-produced output, not for quality, and it shows. Miele, the superb German vacuum company, now makes their low-end products in China, and I spotted them from a mile away. And guess what: the prices did not go down. That is the game.

But you are right, there are other reasons to avoid Made in China. If you make it a personal rule not to go there, unless absolutely necessary, you find yourself buying much fewer material goods, and the ones you do buy tend to be necessary and long-lasting goods. Paradoxically, I actually save money by not buying from China, whenever I can.

briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003Wed 29-Sep-10 02:36 PM
#22. "RE: Where are the bodies of D7000 made?"
In response to Reply # 19

Paignton, GB

I'm afraid your conclusions are invalid unless you have handled examples of the SAME item made in multiple countries, and in practice there are not many such items in the Nikon line-up.

The 18-200mm VR Nikkor was initially made in Japan, then production was shifted to Thailand. I've handled both versions and there was no detectable difference in quality. We even carried out a survey here about the "zoom creep" issue with this lens, which also showed no significant difference that could be attributed to country of manufacture.

Nikon has chosen to locate manufacturing of many of its "consumer" products outside Japan, but I've seen NO evidence that this has lowered quality. The fact that a D3 is no doubt built rather better than a D7000 has nothing to do with where they are made.

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009Wed 29-Sep-10 04:47 PM
3262 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#24. "RE: Where are the bodies of D7000 made?"
In response to Reply # 19

St Petersburg, RU

I doubt you could tell the difference between different assembly countries of the same model.

If you are using electronics for work or home, you already depend on Chinese assembly. By far the largest manufacturer of populated PC boards is from China, one reason manufacturers go there for subcontracting, full manufacturing or component sourcing is because they have the highest tech automation, due to the very high volume of board production, they can afford to keep on the leading edge of high volume pc work. No one can compete, not due to labor costs, just how much hand labor is involved in your camera, computer or auto electronics sub-assemblies? Not very much. Human could not do the precision work with as few of errors as modern factory robotics. Consumer electronics, including our cameras are much more complex yet more reliable than ever. A camera like the D7000, if not assembled by robots would be much less reliable, less precision and monstrously more expensive. Nikon makes high end cameras and lenses in Japan for a number of reasons but one it that they have production capacity that fits the demand. When everything was built in Japan, the market was tiny and their production facilities could produce them. Enter the new accessibility and ease of use of modern DSLRs and suddenly they need production runs in the millions. Who has that capability? China.
If there was demand for 1,000,000 D3s's, they would make them in China.
Right now, like it or not...frankly I do not like what globalization has done to unique cultures and local control.....we live in an era where we are totally dependent on products and subsystems from many countries some might not like for political or religious reasons, founded or not, but we really do need China and other former cold war opponents. You can't drive a car, watch TV, eat from a grocery store, buy a house with a mortgage, use a cell phone, fly in a plane, etc without using services from other countries, primarily China. At one time there were two self contained countries, the US and USSR. Neither one is self contained anymore so that means every country on earth is depended on products and services from other countries.
When was the last time you were in China? Do you know how much things have changed there in the last 20 years?
Stan
St Petersburg Russia

wingdo Registered since 26th Aug 2007Thu 30-Sep-10 10:40 PM
360 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#26. "RE: Where are the bodies of D7000 made?"
In response to Reply # 24

Chicago, US

A couple very well thought out and well written posts Stan!

While I too do not like what globalization has done to reduce the uniqueness in different cultures, it is what it is. The D90 or D7000 would never have reach the number of sales Nikon wishes to see if we were dependent on Japan only factories. Off shore work goes both ways. My Acura was made in the USA, just about everything except the transmission was from the USA. This is the new world whether we like it or not. If you have ever shopped even once at WalMart, you've supported China. If you have a modern TV, yup mostly Chinese. I'd never have been able to buy my 35mm 1.8G AF-S for under $200 if it wasn't made in China and I'd probably just not have a lens at that focal length except for a zoom.

Doug
D300s | MB-D10 | SB-700

blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas Nikonian since 18th Jun 2004Wed 29-Sep-10 02:16 PM
26302 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#20. "RE: Where are the bodies of D7000 made?"
In response to Reply # 17

Richmond, US

> The D7000 is not made in China. If it were, I would not buy it.

That's a pretty strong indictment of more than a billion people, isn't it?

_____
Brian... a bicoastal Nikonian and Team Member

My gallery is online. Comments and critique welcomed any time!

Lakeesh Registered since 02nd Aug 2009Wed 29-Sep-10 02:27 PM
#21. "RE: Where are the bodies of D7000 made?"
In response to Reply # 20

US

>> The D7000 is not made in China. If it were, I would not
>buy it.
>
>That's a pretty strong indictment of more than a billion
>people, isn't it?

I am not discussing politics.

briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003Wed 29-Sep-10 02:39 PM
#23. "RE: Where are the bodies of D7000 made?"
In response to Reply # 21

Paignton, GB

>I am not discussing politics.

We all need to remember that Nikonians is a global community. Any remarks that risk offending members of a particular nation, area or race are unacceptable.

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

MstrBones Silver Member Nikonian since 06th Dec 2005Thu 30-Sep-10 05:25 PM
#25. "RE: Where are the bodies of D7000 made?"
In response to Reply # 21

AW

>I am not discussing politics.

Perhaps not, but your understanding of Chinese manufacturing capabilities is certainly in question.

""

Lakeesh Registered since 02nd Aug 2009Thu 30-Sep-10 10:43 PM
#27. "RE: Where are the bodies of D7000 made?"
In response to Reply # 25
Thu 30-Sep-10 10:44 PM by Lakeesh

US

The OP asked a simple question, but all of you chose to give your opinion as to the validity of the question and I gave mine. Why can't you accept that some people care where a product is made and move on? Or do you have to make sure the whole world agrees with you?

wingdo Registered since 26th Aug 2007Thu 30-Sep-10 10:59 PM
360 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#28. "RE: Where are the bodies of D7000 made?"
In response to Reply # 27

Chicago, US

Thailand was given as the answer several times. You wrote "The D7000 is not made in China. If it were, I would not buy it." and I agree you are 100% entitled to your opinion. China has a horrific track record on human rights issues and the manual part of their workforce. My only point (as well as Stan's and others) is simply if you choose to not buy anything Chinese you don't have any modern electronics in your place. Even if the D7000 were assembled in Japan, I will bet you a large portion of the inner workings still were assembled in China. It's just economics. Look at all the features in the D7000 for just over a grand.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I would certainly not want everyone to share mine. All I am saying is at this point in our history I am not sure you can own / buy stuff that doesn't have some Chinese parts in it. And if you are willing to accept China on the inside, what's the big deal about the final step (assembly) taking place in China. It's not like Thailand has some moral superior high ground on human rights and working conditions.

Doug
D300s | MB-D10 | SB-700

Lakeesh Registered since 02nd Aug 2009Fri 01-Oct-10 10:45 AM
#32. "RE: Where are the bodies of D7000 made?"
In response to Reply # 28

US

Doug--you make good points. But this is really not fun.

Tony_Jeffree Registered since 13th Oct 2004Fri 01-Oct-10 11:12 AM
2016 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#33. "RE: Where are the bodies of D7000 made?"
In response to Reply # 28

Manchester, GB

>It's
>not like Thailand has some moral superior high ground on human
>rights and working conditions.

...and at least in human rights, neither does the USA. The UK on the other hand is utterly pure and blameless in all regards. We invented cricket, after all

Like it or not, we now have a global economy and a global manufacturing base. If we start getting queasy about the relative acceptability of the behaviour of particular countries, then I'm afraid it is the start of a downward spiral to cottage industries and local supply of materials. If you take that line of argument to its logical conclusion, then you don't just stop buying products that are made in countries that you deem unacceptable, but you also stop buying products made in acceptable countries, but by companies that make *any* of their products in unacceptable places, because the profits from the latter support the development of the former.

Regards,
Tony

My Nikonians Gallery

km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009Fri 01-Oct-10 04:03 AM
#29. "RE: Where are the bodies of D7000 made?"

St Petersburg, RU

It i very simple, the OP was asking where it was assembled, we said it makes no difference because there is no single country that any thing in his house was responsible for. He has no device in his home or work that did not have components, ownership or materials that involved China, unless he lives in a cave, with no electricity, no synthetic materials, dyes, or process chemicals, no capital investment etc. China is fully integrated into his life now unless he does indeed live in a cave. As an American or European resident, unless he does in fact live in a cave he is currently very dependent on China now, so some of us were surprised about singling out one area for objection, a camera, while accepting all else.
Stan
St Petersburg Russia

briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003Fri 01-Oct-10 08:35 AM
#30. "RE: Where are the bodies of D7000 made?"

Paignton, GB

I refer you back to my reply #23 above. We're all entitled to our personal preferences, but if how we choose to express them risks upsetting someone, we should think twice before posting. Please bear this in mind next time

And the bottom line is that, for any particular Nikon product, its quality will not vary depending on where it is manufactured.

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

Lakeesh Registered since 02nd Aug 2009Fri 01-Oct-10 10:43 AM
#31. "RE: Where are the bodies of D7000 made?"
In response to Reply # 30

US

The bottom line is that is your opinion. Other people see a difference between the quality of Nikon products made in different places for many reasons, and it is a legitimate question.

>And the bottom line is that, for any particular Nikon
>product
, its quality will not vary depending on where it
>is manufactured.

briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003Fri 01-Oct-10 12:06 PM
#34. "RE: Where are the bodies of D7000 made?"
In response to Reply # 31

Paignton, GB

If it's just an opinion, it's one that's based on observation and actual experience. If you can point to some legitimate evidence that, where the same Nikon product is manufactured both in Japan and elsewhere, the Japan-made version is better in quality, I would like to see it.

Nikon tends to make its upper-end items in Japan, and some other items overseas. An item made in Japan - such as a D3X - may well be better in quality terms than an item made elsewhere - like a D7000 - but that's because the D3X is for the "pro" market and is therefore subject to different assembly and QC processes, not because of where it is made.

I suggest we move on from this debate.

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #187 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.