Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #17463
View in linear mode

Subject: "Appreciation and thanks" Previous topic | Next topic
njbird Silver Member Nikonian since 30th Nov 2009Tue 27-Mar-12 08:38 PM
11 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Appreciation and thanks"

US

I just want to express my appreciation to all of the members who participate in these forums and share their time and knowledge. I just upgraded from a D40 to a D7000 (birthday present from the BF ) and have been more than a little overwhelmed and afraid of it. It seemed like too much camera for me given my meager skills. I, too, had the soft focus complaint and while I knew it was me and not the camera I didn't know how to overcome it. I have spent much time here reading and reading and learning little bits and pieces. Slowly I am getting more comfortable with the D7000 and understanding how it operates and how to use it. It is definitely a huge learning leap from the D40. This weekend I managed to get a nice shot of some apple blossoms and a decent shot (once it was cropped) of a turkey vulture in flight. Anyway, just wanted to send a big thank you. This is an awesome site and well worth the price of membership. I admire the respect and professionalism that is seen here. You make the most basic beginner (like me) feel welcome and capable of taking better photos.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

J_Harris Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Mar 2011Tue 27-Mar-12 11:16 PM
664 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Appreciation and thanks"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Robin,

Welcome to Nikonians. As you have discovered this is the most informative and friendliest website for Nikon owners. Don't forget to look through the other forums like Tripods, Lenses, Speedlights (Flashes), and others.

If you haven't read the recently released Nikon "D800 Technical Guide" for getting "sharp" pictures using a Hi-resolution" DSLR you should. It's in PDF format and is short, sweet, and has a lot of example pictures - just about everything it discusses can be applied directly to the D7000 or any other "Hi-resolution DSLR" and may possibly prevent future focus frustrations. Below is a direct link to the "Guide".

http://www.nikonusa.com/en_US/o/Y6wrkA9OU_z04IreazIXl_22UII/PDF/D800_TechnicalGuide_En.pdf

Jerry

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #17463 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.