Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #17336
View in linear mode

Subject: "Two buttons with green printed dots" Previous topic | Next topic
hyphotographer Registered since 19th Mar 2012Fri 23-Mar-12 08:34 PM
137 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Two buttons with green printed dots"

GB

Hi, does anyone know why there are two buttons on D7000 with printed green dots next to them. One is at the top, next to the +/1 button; the other one is at the bottom, next to the QUAL button.

I thought it was related to AUTO mode, but they do nothing when I pressed them.

I could not see any part of the instruction manual mentioning about them. What a mystery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

DudleyG Registered since 03rd Mar 2009Fri 23-Mar-12 08:48 PM
28 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Two buttons with green printed dots"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Read on page 151 in the Owner's Manual.... By holding down the two buttons next to the green dots for several seconds, you reset the camera to the default settings.

Dudley

hyphotographer Registered since 19th Mar 2012Fri 23-Mar-12 09:09 PM
137 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Two buttons with green printed dots"
In response to Reply # 1

GB

Great, thanks! I have just found out that.
My camera has been customized, a lot of settings I have change for my convenience.
I have spend hours learning how to use it since last Friday, it is only a week and now I feel much happier than last Friday.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #17336 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.