Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #17230
View in linear mode

Subject: "Time setting on movie files" Previous topic | Next topic
jonbeck14 Registered since 10th Mar 2012Sun 18-Mar-12 07:33 PM
21 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Time setting on movie files"

charlestown, US

I'm seeing some strange time stamps on my movie files with my D7000. I have set my time zone to GMT/UMT, daylight saving time off. When I take photos, the time is correct, +4 hours of where I am. However, when shooting in movie mode, the movie time seems to be 8 hours ahead! For example, one photo has 2012:03:1819:30:26.50 (rather precise time, I must say), while the movie file taken just after that photo reads March 19, 2012 3:33 AM. Both are from Picasa, when using "view properties" to see the EXIF data.

Any idea of what's going on here? Strange how the 2 files have different formats too, 2012:03:19 vs March 19, 2012.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #17230 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.