Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #17220
View in linear mode

Subject: "save/load settings is grayed out (re U1 & U2)" Previous topic | Next topic
fearsome Registered since 19th Feb 2012Sun 18-Mar-12 08:54 AM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"save/load settings is grayed out (re U1 & U2)"
Sun 18-Mar-12 04:37 PM by fearsome

US

Hi,
Sometimes my D7000 won't let me make changes to my U1 or U2 settings --- and in these instances I believe I'm attempting to save settings that are permitted. For instance, right now I'm trying to save an item in the Custom Settings menu to U2: it's # a2, Viewfinder Grid Display (I want it on). However, after turning this option on, when I try to save this in the Setup Menu, save/load settings is grayed out. BTW the original U2 settings were made with the camera in P mode. Probably I'm missing something rather simple, but despite browsing Nikonians and the manual I'm at a loss. Any ideas? TIA

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Gamecocks Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jul 2010Sun 18-Mar-12 11:03 AM
982 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: save/load settings is grayed out (re U1 & U2)"
In response to Reply # 0

Joanna, US

Regarding the grid display - if you want it on, go to custom setting d2 and highlite ON and push OK and will it always be on (p. 216 in manual) no matter what program set. Therefore, it isn't necessary in the U settings. Not certain what #32 is? Hope this helps.

Nobody should seek his own good, but the good of others. <><

fearsome Registered since 19th Feb 2012Sun 18-Mar-12 12:15 PM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: save/load settings is grayed out (re U1 & U2)"
In response to Reply # 1

US

Thank you so much for the suggestion. I did it, but if I turn the camera off and back on --- no grid.

Gamecocks Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jul 2010Sun 18-Mar-12 03:27 PM
982 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: save/load settings is grayed out (re U1 & U2)"
In response to Reply # 2
Sun 18-Mar-12 03:41 PM by Gamecocks

Joanna, US

If you are also hitting the OK button after selecting ON it should be displayed at all times. If this doesn't work you might should have it checked. This is for a D7000 but noticed you mentioned D700 in your first post - my bad.

John

Nobody should seek his own good, but the good of others. <><

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #17220 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.