Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #1701
View in linear mode

Subject: "D7k from Adorama" Previous topic | Next topic
kuzzy Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Dec 2005Wed 10-Nov-10 07:55 PM
1250 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D7k from Adorama"
Thu 11-Nov-10 11:33 PM by kuzzy

Milford, US

Has anyone out there received a body only order from Adorama yet and if so when did you place your order?

I ordered on 9/27 and spoke with Customer Service today only to here that I "should" receive my order before the end of the year! They currently have about 950 units on backorder!

I am just trying to get an idea of where they might be in terms of filling orders placed before mine so that I may determine if I want to pursue other avenues.

Thanks for the input.

Marc
There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer.-Ansel Adams

http://500px.com/WhatISaw
http://kuzzy.smugmug.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D7k from Adorama
kwb49 Silver Member
10th Nov 2010
Snapshott Silver Member
12th Nov 2010
csgaraglino Silver Member
11th Nov 2010
kuzzy Silver Member
11th Nov 2010
HelenOster Silver Member
11th Nov 2010
Leighton W
11th Nov 2010
kuzzy Silver Member
11th Nov 2010
12th Nov 2010
Mike Buckley
12th Nov 2010
12th Nov 2010
HelenOster Silver Member
14th Nov 2010
HelenOster Silver Member
14th Nov 2010
Cobalt
15th Nov 2010
HelenOster Silver Member
15th Nov 2010
Cobalt
11th Nov 2010
kuzzy Silver Member
12th Nov 2010
radwar
12th Nov 2010
12th Nov 2010

kwb49 Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Dec 2007Wed 10-Nov-10 08:19 PM
1454 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D7k from Adorama"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed 10-Nov-10 08:22 PM by kwb49

East Liverpool, Ohio, US

I just picked a body only up from a local camera store in Ohio. They told me last week that they have had kits and bodies from the very beginning. You may want to check out the smaller , non-chain stores as I did. I never pre-ordered anywhere as I was waiting on all the reviews. They were even willing to split up a kit for me, but they got in a couple more bodies yesterday and I got one of them.

Keith

Snapshott Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Sep 2007Fri 12-Nov-10 04:05 PM
396 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "RE: D7k from Adorama"
In response to Reply # 1

Richmond, US

>I just picked a body only up from a local camera store in
>Ohio. They told me last week that they have had kits and
>bodies from the very beginning. You may want to check out the
>smaller , non-chain stores as I did. I never pre-ordered
>anywhere as I was waiting on all the reviews. They were even
>willing to split up a kit for me, but they got in a couple
>more bodies yesterday and I got one of them.
>
>Keith

If you are pre-ordering I think the odds are better at getting a camera at a mom & pop. Think about it. Every enthusiast that wants the just released camera will go out place a pre-order or get on the waiting list of every one of their favorite on-line shop. So your chances of getting a camera early are pretty slim.

On the other hand a mom & pop may only get a few in stock but not nearly many people pre-ordering or getting on a wait list. I wasn’t in any rush to get my D7000 so I went to my local mom & pop and got on the wait list instead of pre-ordering back when the camera was first announced. I figured I end up with a camera around the new year. To my surprise it came in 3 weeks ago.

I like to support my local mom & pop when their price is competitive with the on line stores. A lot of the time they are not but Nikon pretty much sets the selling price on camera bodies so the price is the same.

csgaraglino Silver Member Charter MemberThu 11-Nov-10 12:12 AM
647 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D7k from Adorama"
In response to Reply # 0

Colorado Springs, US

You should follow this thread here:

http://www.nikonians.org/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=329&topic_id=1330&mesg_id=1330&page=

---
Regards,
Chris Sgaraglino
Outdoor Studios Photography || on Flickr || on Google+

kuzzy Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Dec 2005Thu 11-Nov-10 11:21 PM
1250 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: D7k from Adorama"
In response to Reply # 2

Milford, US

thanks Chris, I have been watching that thread myself. I was just particularly curious about Adorama as I have not heard any people report that they have received an order from them. Good luck, hope you get yours soon.

Marc
There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer.-Ansel Adams

HelenOster Silver Member Nikonian since 30th Jul 2008Thu 11-Nov-10 09:39 AM
133 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D7k from Adorama"
In response to Reply # 0

New York, US

>Has anyone out there received a body only order from Adorama
>yet ......They currently have about 950 units on
>backorder!

A point to remember is that a large percentage of those back-ordered units will be from people who have placed multiple orders across as many as 6 or 7 different B&M and on-line locations.
So, in truth, it is impossible to give an accurate figure regarding the number of orders we need to fill.

The big plus side to an order from Adorama, is that we don't charge your cc until we ship. This means that as long as you have your order in you're assured of receiving a unit.

If you find one somewhere else sooner than we can get one out to you, that is the time to drop me an email with your order number so I can cancel it for you.
Don't cancel it before!

Sincerely

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

helen.oster@adoramacamera.com
www.adorama.com?kbid=64628

Leighton W Registered since 29th Oct 2010Thu 11-Nov-10 10:51 AM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: D7k from Adorama"
In response to Reply # 3

US

I had one on order with Adorama as of yesterday. I found a thread on DPR that said that Norman Camera had the kits in stock. I called them and they had 5, so I ordered one and should have it by Friday. I received a shipping notice about two hours after I ordered it!

kuzzy Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Dec 2005Thu 11-Nov-10 11:32 PM
#7. "RE: D7k from Adorama"
In response to Reply # 3

Milford, US

Thanks for joining in Helen. It is probably just as frustrating for you as it is for us. The frustration comes from the lack of any kind of delivery schedule. That belongs to Nikon (I think) and not necessarily on the retailers although when I can not even find out where I am on the magic list I cannot understand why. I guess that we have become accustomed to instant access to information today and when we do not get the info we get frustrated. Any info you can share with us would be appreciated by many here.

Marc

csgaraglino Silver Member Charter MemberFri 12-Nov-10 05:16 AM
647 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: D7k from Adorama"
In response to Reply # 7

Colorado Springs, US

What I find odd is that the ma & pa shops seem to be able to get them, but not Adorama?

I'm a big supporter of Adorama, I have bought most EVERY Nikon DSLR and Sony Video camera i have ever owned from them, but it is getting old hearing the same ole thing...

Reports have been posted that Nikon is producing 30,000 units a month, but where are they?

---
Regards,
Chris Sgaraglino

Mike Buckley Registered since 22nd Aug 2010Fri 12-Nov-10 11:56 AM
27 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: D7k from Adorama"
In response to Reply # 8

US

If Nikon is producing 30,000 units per month and if they supply 2000 retail outlets throughout the world, that's an average of 15 per month for each outlet. Some of them such as the mom-and-pop stores and the Best Buy facilities may only get 5. Others such as the large online firms such as Adorama may get 100. I don't know the accurate numbers but those seem plausible to me.

Author of "IDimager Version 5 Workbook"

csgaraglino Silver Member Charter MemberFri 12-Nov-10 01:29 PM
#10. "RE: D7k from Adorama"
In response to Reply # 9

Colorado Springs, US

Thing to remember is that this is how many they are (supposedly) producing, and does not account for the months leading up to the release.

Also, here is Colorado Springs, none of the camera shops stock this kind of unit... The'll get one for the display and one for sale. That's about it... And it is my understanding that neither BestBuy had them for sale and I don't believe they even have them on display.

Just weird?

---
Regards,
Chris Sgaraglino

HelenOster Silver Member Nikonian since 30th Jul 2008Sun 14-Nov-10 03:56 PM
133 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#16. "RE: D7k from Adorama"
In response to Reply # 8

New York, US

>What I find odd is that the ma & pa shops seem to be able
>to get them, but not Adorama?
>
>I'm a big supporter of Adorama, I have bought most EVERY Nikon
>DSLR and Sony Video camera i have ever owned from them, but it
>is getting old hearing the same ole thing...
>
>Reports have been posted that Nikon is producing 30,000 units
>a month, but where are they?
>
>

As I said above, we are getting them in - and as fast as they come in one door they are out the other!

Sincerely

Helen Oster

HelenOster Silver Member Nikonian since 30th Jul 2008Sun 14-Nov-10 03:55 PM
#15. "RE: D7k from Adorama"
In response to Reply # 7

New York, US

>Thanks for joining in Helen.....when I can not even find out where I am on the magic
>list I cannot understand why. I guess that we have become
>accustomed to instant access to information today and when we
>do not get the info we get frustrated. Any info you can share
>with us would be appreciated by many here.

We are shipping them out as soon as we get them in, to people on our back order list. Nikon gives us no prior notice of either delivery dates or the quantities we will receive on any given date.

We are unable to advise where you are on the b/o list because of the number of multiple orders and cancellations.

If, for example, when you placed your order we had 500 back orders, and 50% of those customers who had placed multiple orders cancelled their orders with Adorama, you could be number 251. If, however, there were no cancellations, you'd be number 501. If as is entirely possible - Nikon sends us 50 units on Monday, and 250 units on Tuesday, the number of orders above you when you placed your pre-order is actually pretty meaningless!

Thank you for understanding that it is incredibly frustrating for us as retailers, but at this point of any new release, whether Nikon (the C people or any other manufacturer), this is exactly as we have come to expect.

Sincerely

Helen Oster

Cobalt Registered since 20th Apr 2008Mon 15-Nov-10 11:58 AM
67 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#17. "RE: D7k from Adorama"
In response to Reply # 15

US

Thank you for the Info Helen.

Can you advise us if you have delivered any units at all?

HelenOster Silver Member Nikonian since 30th Jul 2008Mon 15-Nov-10 12:15 PM
#18. "RE: D7k from Adorama"
In response to Reply # 17

New York, US

>Thank you for the Info Helen.
>
>Can you advise us if you have delivered any units at all?

Yes, we are shipping out same day everything we're receiving.

Sincerely

Helen Oster

Cobalt Registered since 20th Apr 2008Thu 11-Nov-10 02:54 PM
67 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: D7k from Adorama"
In response to Reply # 0

US

So.... with Adorama weighing in on this thread, have you guys shipped any body only orders yet?

I am also on the pre-order list for Adorama and the last update I was given in a phone conversation with customer service was that units were expected in on November 10th and that some orders would be filled with that shipment. I wonder if that has happened????

kuzzy Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Dec 2005Fri 12-Nov-10 07:21 PM
#12. "RE: D7k from Adorama"
In response to Reply # 5

Milford, US

I cannot believe this but I called a couple of local shops on Wednesday and put my name on their list as well as contacted Roberts Imaging this morning. Due to the lack of any information coming out of Adorama.

I purchased a body only from Roberts this morning (shipping today) and got a phone call from my local shop about a half hour ago telling me they would have a body for me on Monday afternoon or Tuesday. I just got off the phone with them and they said they have a "couple" available as of about 20 mins ago. The shop is Newtonville Camera in Newton Massachusetts if anyone is interested.

PS. Just canceled my order at Adorama so if you ordered after 9/27 you are at least one step closer to the front of the line.

Marc

radwar Registered since 28th Feb 2009Fri 12-Nov-10 08:40 PM
301 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#13. "RE: D7k from Adorama"
In response to Reply # 12

Cupertino, US

Ended up doing the same thing. After reading about Robert's Camera, went ahead and ordered mine from there, cancelled the Adorama order.. as bizarre as it sounds.. Did someone drop the ball on this?

csgaraglino Silver Member Charter MemberFri 12-Nov-10 11:33 PM
#14. "RE: D7k from Adorama"
In response to Reply # 13

Colorado Springs, US

Looks like Nikonians may have scored at Robert's...

I canceled my order with Adorama and ordered from Robert's Imaging this morning... Got my tracking number a bit ago... It will be here on Wednesday!

I did speak with Adorama, they said that they were expecting that orders placed before November 2nd would be filled on or before Jan 1st 2011... They were hoping that October orders would be filled before Christmas... But were not guaranteeing anything....

---
Regards,
Chris Sgaraglino

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #1701 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.