Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #16505
View in linear mode

Subject: "d7000 dead/hot pixels issue" Previous topic | Next topic
Harryk377 Registered since 16th Feb 2012Tue 21-Feb-12 03:49 AM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"d7000 dead/hot pixels issue"
Tue 21-Feb-12 12:06 PM by Harryk377

AU

Hello Nikonians
about 12 months ago i was in search of a Nikon Dslr so i goggled cam across the Nikonians
i have been following this site since and let me say this will have to be the best information
site where one can get answers from experience professional and Amateur Photographers alike, I own 2 Nikon SLR F4. f801s they both great cameras as i used to do
weddings/ function so I decided to to get into the digital technology and start Shooting again, after many research i decided on d7000 and d700 but now i guess it will have to be the d800,
I finely purchased the d7000 5 months ago in Sydney and i really loved this camera very sharp. excellent color . very nice video, last Sunday for the first time i connected to my HDTV through hdmi lead and i discovered on live view that my d7000 developed dead or hot pixels total of ten
2 bright red .blue green and deem blue and white Clearly Visible on
TV screen

least to say i was disappointing , and so the following day Monday i cold Nikon service center
spoke to the technician and he said to upgrade the firmware, which i previously had done
This to 103b he than said you'll have to bring the camera with some footage for further assessment so on the sam day i drove to Nikon left my d7000 there within 24 hrs they sent
me a SMS asked me to call so i did , they said the image sensor have to be replaced and
they haven't got stock they're waiting shipment of spare parts from HongKong and floods in Thailand makings things slow so around 4 to 6 weeks, well i just hop that i get my camera back without any other
issues like back or front focus problems and that's my story,

if anyone is interested how to test your d7000 before your warranty runs out here is how
Note with this problem still photos are not affected (Video mode only)

1.Set Auto ISO OFF in menu set ISO to 100 connect your d7000 through hdmi to your TV

2. switch to live view point camera to a dark aria or put on lens
cap test all modes A/S/P /auto you may wont get out of live view each time you change modes to test
if you don't see any hot/dead pixels on Your tv than your d7000 image sensor is OK
note that this will also be very noticeable on d7000 lcd screen

3 NOTE In Manual Mode hot/dead pixels will not be visible at iso 100 until you crank up ISO to 400 to 800 than its slightly visible this is strange since auto
ISO is set to off in Menu for all modes( except for auto ) and yet the Hot pixels are Clearly Visible in all Other modes At ISO 100,
hope that this info will be of some help to Others before the warranty expires
Harry.k

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community Nikonian since 12th Sep 2006Tue 21-Feb-12 05:28 PM
11279 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: d7000 dead/hot pixels issue"
In response to Reply # 0

Lowden, US

Hi Harry,

Welcome to Nikonians!

I am sorry to hear that you have problems with your D7000. Hopefully Nikon will sort this out quickly and get the camera back to you.

Dave Summers
Lowden, Iowa
Nikonians Photo Contest Director

Nikonians membership -
"My most important photographic investment, after the camera"

My Nikonians Gallery | SummersPhotoGraphic.com | My Crated Gallery
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Showcase your best work in any of our 7 Monthly Nikonians Photo contests.

Wildlife | Landscape | Macro | Sports | Travel | Online Assignments | Best of Nikonians 2014

aolander Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Sep 2006Tue 21-Feb-12 08:23 PM
3173 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: d7000 dead/hot pixels issue"
In response to Reply # 0

Nevis, US

The hot pixel issue with the D7000 and video was known early on. A firmware update fixed the problem in most cases, I believe. I wouldn't fret about other problems once it's back from Nikon.

Alan

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #16505 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.