Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #16109
View in linear mode

Subject: "What am I missing, can't find a D7000?" Previous topic | Next topic
blu62vette Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Sep 2007Mon 06-Feb-12 04:12 PM
100 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"What am I missing, can't find a D7000?"

US

I am sure I am missing something but where are the D7000's? I have one and need one for a customer who wants to replicate my setup. If they are not available what would you go with?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: What am I missing, can't find a D7000?
elec164 Silver Member
06th Feb 2012
jsfoster
09th Feb 2012
elec164 Silver Member
09th Feb 2012
billr814
17th Feb 2012
CozmoeD
18th Feb 2012
swyost Silver Member
19th Feb 2012

elec164 Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Jan 2009Mon 06-Feb-12 04:35 PM
1906 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: What am I missing, can't find a D7000?"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon 06-Feb-12 04:38 PM by elec164

US

Unfortunately the warehouse supply has been depleted and because of all the recent tragic occurrences in Asia, manufacturing has been crippled. It’s not expected to get back to some level of normalcy until end of March according to this thread in the ‘Repair Shop’ forum.

As such many of the Nikon models are out-of-stock, as well as a number of lenses.

It unfortunately has also created a short supply of replacement parts for repair as well; placing many of us in ‘parts hold purgatory’. It appears I may not get my D7000 back from Nikon repair anytime soon, and I'm seriously considering a slightly used D300s at my local brick’n’mortar. I would really prefer to use that money toward a new lens, but I can't use a new lens without a camera!!

Pete

jsfoster Registered since 19th Apr 2011Thu 09-Feb-12 01:39 AM
33 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: What am I missing, can't find a D7000?"
In response to Reply # 1

US

There are 9 on Amazon right now, used and refurb...

elec164 Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Jan 2009Thu 09-Feb-12 01:53 AM
1906 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: What am I missing, can't find a D7000?"
In response to Reply # 2
Thu 09-Feb-12 01:54 AM by elec164

US

>There are 9 on Amazon right now, used and refurb...

I commented on those listings in this thread.

Quite frankly, unless you need one badly, I think I'd pass. Most of those sellers are just launched with no feedback. Plus they want more for there used and referb's than a new unit would cost.

Just my two cents.

Pete

billr814 Registered since 05th Dec 2011Fri 17-Feb-12 11:40 PM
50 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: What am I missing, can't find a D7000?"
In response to Reply # 3

US

sortage no doubt

CozmoeD Registered since 23rd Dec 2011Sat 18-Feb-12 08:34 AM
19 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: What am I missing, can't find a D7000?"
In response to Reply # 0

US

http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-D7000-DX-Format-3-0-Inch-Body/dp/B0042X9LC4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1329557570&sr=8-1

swyost Silver Member Nikonian since 24th Aug 2007Sun 19-Feb-12 02:59 PM
693 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: What am I missing, can't find a D7000?"
In response to Reply # 0

US

If you check the Nikon Store on NikonUSA everyday, you will probably find you can get one within a few days. They are getting limited stock but you have to be checking in order to know it is there. In fact, at the moment, I have the one I intended to buy plus another one being shipped due to a system error. That one will be either sold on the sell forum at cost or will be shipped back to Nikon for refund. I certainly have no need of two D7000 bodies, nor do I need an extra $1199 charge on a credit card. The point being though is that there are some coming in, but not many, and they are probably the place that will continue to have them first....

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #16109 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.