Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #15907
View in linear mode

Subject: "Made decision on spending my 2,000.00 on camera equipme..." Previous topic | Next topic
wildlifephoto Registered since 11th Dec 2011Mon 30-Jan-12 10:18 PM
5 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Made decision on spending my 2,000.00 on camera equipment"

US

I finally made up my mind or I think so, I'm not sure but hopefully? Seriously I think for me wanting the D7000 I decided on getting the SB-600 flash, and the 35mm f/1.8 as a prime lense. I certainly wanted more of a setup but due to paying bills, taking care of family and ........ it would be selfish for me to spend more than this on my 50th Birthday even though it would be nice. I just found another lense an old 28-70mm 3.5-4.5 AI-S lense on my wifes N6006 and along with the 70-210mm AI-S non D lense and my manual lenses (28mm f/2.8 AI-S, 50mm f/1.8 AI-S and my 100mm f/2.8) that I should be just fine and dandy for a while. Thought about getting the 50mm f/1.8 auto focus but since I have it in manual might as well go with the 35mm + it will give me the coverage that I will normally shoot mostly in. Thinking I have alot of learning to do with this setup soon and eventually may get more lenses after I get more acquainted with Digital Photography. I figure with these 3 it will come out to around 2,000.00 and give me a good start. THANKS

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

sabbey51 Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Jan 2010Mon 30-Jan-12 10:46 PM
542 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Made decision on spending my 2,000.00 on camera equipment"
In response to Reply # 0

Saddle river, US

Welcome to the D7000 club.

The only problem you (may) have is that manually focusing some of those lenses will be more difficult on the D7000 than an older manual focus camera body. The main reason is that their aware no focusing aids on the in the viewfinder other than the AF "green dot" which I personally find difficult. YMMV.

In ny event, enjoy. The 35/1.8 is a great lens which I have and use often as well. This will give an equivalent field of view on the D7000 to a 50mm on your old 6006 (which I have as well but no longer use).

dwaycie Silver Member Nikonian since 23rd Nov 2008Tue 31-Jan-12 12:50 PM
261 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Made decision on spending my 2,000.00 on camera equipment"
In response to Reply # 1

Buffalo Grove, US

Manual focusing is a little difficult with any of the digital cameras. I added a KatzEye focusing screen to my D7000 and love it. Available from the Nikonians Photo Pro Shop or directly from KatzEye, and very easy to install.

Dave

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #15907 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.