Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #1582
View in linear mode

Subject: "Nikon d7000 flash images" Previous topic | Next topic
viralpix Registered since 07th Nov 2010Sun 07-Nov-10 04:38 AM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Nikon d7000 flash images"

IN

Can someone please post D7000 images shot with flash. It's difficult to judge a camera with daylight images.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Nikon d7000 flash images
JPJ Silver Member
08th Nov 2010
viralpix
08th Nov 2010
jrp Administrator
08th Nov 2010
JPJ Silver Member
08th Nov 2010
Zevi Silver Member
08th Nov 2010
JPJ Silver Member
08th Nov 2010
Zevi Silver Member
08th Nov 2010
deviantspeed
08th Nov 2010

JPJ Silver Member Nikonian since 20th Aug 2009Mon 08-Nov-10 01:48 AM
1327 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Nikon d7000 flash images"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon 08-Nov-10 02:07 AM by JPJ

Toronto, CA

I was playing around at a party on Friday with my D7000 and SB-600.

I was in a gymnasium, and the lighting was terrible. Incidentally, the AF seemed much snappier in this lighting than my D90.

Here is one of a couple friends @ ISO 800, f/8, 1/60, 50mm (using my Sigma 50/1.4).

Jason

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

viralpix Registered since 07th Nov 2010Mon 08-Nov-10 04:30 AM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Nikon d7000 flash images"
In response to Reply # 1

IN

Looks good, nice skin tone too.

jrp Administrator JRP is one of the co-founders, has in-depth knowledge in various areas. Awarded for his contributions for the Resources Charter MemberMon 08-Nov-10 05:44 AM
33936 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Nikon d7000 flash images"
In response to Reply # 1

San Pedro Garza García, MX

Very nice. Is this a crop from a larger frame?

Have a great time
JRP (Founder & Administrator. Nikonian at the north-eastern Mexican desert) Gallery, Brief Love Story, The Team
Join the Silver, Gold and Platinum members that help this happen; upgrade. Join your personal web site to the Nikonians WebRing
Make sure you check our workshops at The Nikonians Academy and the product catalog of the Photo Pro Shop

JPJ Silver Member Nikonian since 20th Aug 2009Mon 08-Nov-10 12:28 PM
1327 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Nikon d7000 flash images"
In response to Reply # 3

Toronto, CA

Yes I cropped about 15% on the right and 25% on the left to eliminate as many people in the background as possible as the place was packed (top to bottom there was no cropping).

Just need to remove the guy's hat behind them in photoshop.

I am very happy with the way the D7000 renders skin tones however, very natural.

Jason

Zevi Silver Member Nikonian since 20th Feb 2008Mon 08-Nov-10 04:01 PM
325 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Nikon d7000 flash images"
In response to Reply # 1

Ann Arbor, US

>... a couple friends @ ISO 800, f/8, 1/60, 50mm
>(using my Sigma 50/1.4).

Jason, nice image!

I'm curious, though -- ISO 800, did you set it, or was it auto? Was the SB not bright enough for ISO 200, for example?

Thanks,
Zevi

JPJ Silver Member Nikonian since 20th Aug 2009Mon 08-Nov-10 07:15 PM
#6. "RE: Nikon d7000 flash images"
In response to Reply # 5

Toronto, CA

Thanks.

You have it exactly right, the flash wasn't illuminating things fully to my liking, it was extremely dark in the room and I was bouncing off of ceilings that were about 12 feet high (though thankfully white). Not only were the subjects not properly exposed at ISO 200, the background was very underexposed. I personally like the illumination in the background (even though a dark background hides things, like the other people I cropped out). A little flash compensation might have let me shoot at a slightly lower ISO, but I am not worried about shooting at ISO 800 with the D7000, this is well within the safe zone for this camera.
At ISO 800 the D7000 has no real noise to worry about.

Jason

Zevi Silver Member Nikonian since 20th Feb 2008Mon 08-Nov-10 08:00 PM
325 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Nikon d7000 flash images"
In response to Reply # 6

Ann Arbor, US

Thanks for the details, Jason.
Yes, the rear wall indeed looks quite illuminated. In fact, It is so well-lit, that I thought your flash was used just as a fill on their faces (there are a few "shining spots" on their faces, I thought at first that it was directed at them, not bounce off the ceiling).

Also, I agree about the D7000's no-noise at 800. But I was concerned that if you need to push it to 800 with a flash, than you may find yourself sooner than expected in the noisy high-ISO zone...

Cheers,
Zevi

deviantspeed Registered since 31st Oct 2010Mon 08-Nov-10 09:41 PM
7 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Nikon d7000 flash images"
In response to Reply # 7

US

Few here of a flash taken with bees:

http://www.swankmonkey.com/for_sale/sigma_flash/

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #1582 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.