Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #15609
View in linear mode

Subject: "Mode dial problem" Previous topic | Next topic
Appletonwest Registered since 16th Jan 2012Fri 20-Jan-12 09:07 PM
6 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Mode dial problem"
Fri 20-Jan-12 10:14 PM by Appletonwest

APPLETON, US

when I'm in info and I turn the mode dial P,A,S,M will show up in the upper left corner in small square -- I turn to scene mode and rotate main command nothing shows up -- I turn to auto mode and S from scene still displays -- I turn to U1 - nothing shows --- turn to U2 and it it will show up -- I reset back to factory settings and also took the battery out and reset again -- went to scene - turned on info and rotate dial -- still do not get my scene choices -- this feature was working last week -- any suggestions ? When it is in scene mode and I rotate dial it changes the shutter speed.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Kryoclasm Registered since 10th Jan 2012Sat 21-Jan-12 07:08 AM
14 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Mode dial problem"
In response to Reply # 0
Sat 21-Jan-12 07:09 AM by Kryoclasm

Ketchikan, US

Interesting problem. I don't use scene mode but I just tried it and it turns on the info window when I rotate the dial and the scene selection shows up just as it should.

So knowing that, maybe either the selector dial is damaged, or there is a glitch with the firmware.

My recommendation is to re-install or update the camera firmware and then see if this odd behavior continues.

Maybe someone else would have another idea.

Good luck,
Shawn

four eighty sparky Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Apr 2011Sat 21-Jan-12 02:45 PM
1455 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Mode dial problem"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Possibly try removing the battery for 24 hours.

Sometimes, electronics that are battery powered get a hitch in their hit-along. Removing the power supply can, on occasion, resolve the issue.

My toys: A pair of gripped D600s, gripped D7100, Sigma 8mm circular fisheye, Sigma 15mm full-frame fisheye, Tokina 17/3.5 SL, 17-35 2.8D, 24-85 G, 24-120/4G, 28-200 D, 50/1.8D, 50/1.8G, 50/1.8E, 70-200 2.8 G VRII, 70-300G, 105/2.8D Micro, Tamron 150-600, 500 f/8 Reflex: Sigma 600mm, Celestron 2,000mm: PB-6 bellows, Nikon 1.4 and 1.7x TCs, auto macro tube set: SB600: Manfrotto 055XB/804RC2/390RC2 & 560B-1: Gossen Starlite: Easy-Up AP1500: 40' WonderPole

Visit my website.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Appletonwest Registered since 16th Jan 2012Sat 21-Jan-12 06:56 PM
6 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Mode dial problem"
In response to Reply # 2

APPLETON, US

>Possibly try removing the battery for 24 hours.
>
>Sometimes, electronics that are battery powered get a hitch in
>their hit-along. Removing the power supply can, on occasion,
>resolve the issue.

Tried that -- no luck -- went to two dealers in our area -- both think it's the contacts or circuit board -- camera is only 14mos old -- sending to IL for repair.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #15609 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.