Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #15581
View in linear mode

Subject: "New owner, cannot get burst mode to work." Previous topic | Next topic
milyn Registered since 20th Jan 2012Fri 20-Jan-12 04:14 AM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"New owner, cannot get burst mode to work."

US

First, let me say hi to all you Nikonians. This is my first post and my first foray into this quality / type of photo equipment. I know very little but an anxious to learn and grow. I read the owner’s manual concerning Continuous Shooting and made what I thought were the proper adjustments but to no avail. I simply cannot get Continuous Shooting to work. Please help.
Thanks, Mike

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: New owner, cannot get burst mode to work.
hawaii502160
20th Jan 2012
milyn
20th Jan 2012
kentak Silver Member
20th Jan 2012
Gamecocks Silver Member
20th Jan 2012
N4TVC Silver Member
20th Jan 2012
tekneektom Gold Member
20th Jan 2012
myfotoguy
20th Jan 2012
milyn
24th Jan 2012
CozmoeD
28th Jan 2012

hawaii502160 Registered since 11th Feb 2011Fri 20-Jan-12 04:17 AM
183 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: New owner, cannot get burst mode to work."
In response to Reply # 0

Cleveland, US

There is a small ring at the base of the command dial...top, left of the camera,do you have that set to Continuous Hi/Low mode?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

milyn Registered since 20th Jan 2012Fri 20-Jan-12 04:23 AM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: New owner, cannot get burst mode to work."
In response to Reply # 1

US

Yes, it is set on CH, I have tried it on AUTO, P, S, A, still no luck.

kentak Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Jul 2010Fri 20-Jan-12 11:31 AM
918 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: New owner, cannot get burst mode to work."
In response to Reply # 2
Fri 20-Jan-12 11:33 AM by kentak

US

Hi, welcome!

By any chance, is the built-in flash deployed? If so, lower it.

Kent

Gamecocks Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jul 2010Fri 20-Jan-12 11:49 AM
982 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: New owner, cannot get burst mode to work."
In response to Reply # 0
Fri 20-Jan-12 02:39 PM by Gamecocks

Joanna, US

Hi Mike,

Welcome to Nikonians. Check your d6 setting in custom settings menu as it might be on 1. Good luck.

John

Nobody should seek his own good, but the good of others. <><

N4TVC Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Jul 2006Fri 20-Jan-12 12:14 PM
109 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: New owner, cannot get burst mode to work."
In response to Reply # 0

Burke, US

Welcome to Nikonians, Mike. You will find the folks here very knowledgable and helpful.

Charles

tekneektom Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Nov 2011Fri 20-Jan-12 04:02 PM
1724 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: New owner, cannot get burst mode to work."
In response to Reply # 0
Fri 20-Jan-12 04:05 PM by tekneektom

Land O Lakes, US

First make sure that your Release Mode Dial is set to either CL or CH and then make sure that as you expose that you keep the Shutter Release button depressed for the length of time necessary. If the camera won't burst expose check out your settings in the Custom Setting Menu:
Hit Menu button
scroll down to pencil object
scroll right and go down to Shooting/Display
scroll right and go to D7 and check to see that you have a number greater than 1 (max 100) selected.

Hopefully, one of these will solve your problem

One other thing - purchase a copy of the book "Mastering the Nikon D7000" it's a great resource and it is easier to understand than the users manual. The author gives you suggested settings and explains WHY.

Tom

myfotoguy Registered since 03rd Dec 2008Fri 20-Jan-12 08:56 PM
107 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: New owner, cannot get burst mode to work."
In response to Reply # 0

Richfield, US

What exactly is it doing (or not doing). It sounds like you are in CH or CL and are you holding down the shutter button? What happens then, does it click slowly? Then pause, then click again?

What is your shutter speed at when trying to do this? If you are letting the camera set the speed, what is that speed?

-Tim

Visit my Zenfolio gallery.

milyn Registered since 20th Jan 2012Tue 24-Jan-12 12:27 AM
#8. "RE: New owner, cannot get burst mode to work."
In response to Reply # 7

US

First, thanks so much for your replies, second, I apologize for not responding sooner I had to leave town for the weekend and did not have the opportunity to work with the camera. However I did receive my copy of Mastering The Nikon D7000 by Darrel Young today. I will get back to the camera as soon as time permits and let you know how I make out after following all you comments and reading the book.
Thanks, Mike

CozmoeD Registered since 23rd Dec 2011Sat 28-Jan-12 03:34 AM
19 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: New owner, cannot get burst mode to work."
In response to Reply # 8

US

Well i learned something new just bye reading this thread.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #15581 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.