Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #1549
View in linear mode

Subject: "D7000 and Lightroom 2.7 64 Bit" Previous topic | Next topic
mds88 Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Jan 2010Sat 06-Nov-10 01:48 AM
18 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D7000 and Lightroom 2.7 64 Bit"

Ottawa, CA

I am having problems importing RAW files shot with my D7000. Have tried loading pictures directly from the camera without success. I was able to use windows explorer and moved the files to my HD, but LR will still not import the files. It indicates an unexpected error and is not able to load the files.

I have have run "check for updates" in lightroom and the program tells me its up to date.

Help! I just got back from Athens and have about 500 pictures to load into LR.

Thanks

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

JosephK Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Apr 2006Sat 06-Nov-10 02:24 AM
3712 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D7000 and Lightroom 2.7 64 Bit"
In response to Reply # 0
Sat 06-Nov-10 02:30 AM by JosephK

Seattle, WA, US

Your old software does not understand the new file format. ACR needs to be upgraded. I am not sure if the version of ACR with Lightroom 2.x got the new update or just the version with LR 3.x.

Edit: A quick check at the Adobe forums suggests that you will probably need to upgrade to Lightroom 3.

---------+---------+---------+---------+
Joseph K
Seattle, WA, USA

D200, 17-55mm f/2.8 DX, 70-200mm f/2.8 VR, 50mm f/1.4 D
18-70mm f/3.5-4.5 DX, 70-300mm f/4-5.6 ED, D70S

M_Jackson Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Sat 06-Nov-10 03:02 PM
672 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D7000 and Lightroom 2.7 64 Bit"
In response to Reply # 1

Jackson, US

From what I am reading, Adobe Lightroom "Release Candidate" 3.3 has support for a D7000. I am hoping for the official release of 3.3 before loading it.

M.Jackson

M. Jackson
Jackson Hole, WY

Blog: www.bestofthetetons.com
Web Site: www.tetonimages.com

walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas Nikonian since 05th May 2002Sat 06-Nov-10 05:43 PM
14172 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D7000 and Lightroom 2.7 64 Bit"
In response to Reply # 2

Colorado Springs, US

I've had absolutely no problems using the 3.3RC since it came out.

Rick Walker

My photos:
GeoVista Photography

mds88 Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Jan 2010Sat 06-Nov-10 05:59 PM
18 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: D7000 and Lightroom 2.7 64 Bit"
In response to Reply # 0

Ottawa, CA

Appreciate all your comments. I have installed 3.3RC and have been able to load my images.

Thanks

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #1549 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.