Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #15351
View in linear mode

Subject: "Where to buy D7000" Previous topic | Next topic
oldschoolD70 Registered since 11th Jan 2012Wed 11-Jan-12 05:16 AM
4 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Where to buy D7000"

US

I did a quick scan through this forum and could not find a good place where I could purchase a new Nikon D7000. Nikon lists this camera at $1,199.95 retail. Nikon has a website search engine on "where to buy" but all the places they list are out of this camera. I did an online search and found less than 5 places that sell this camera. Most places are selling this camera over the retail price.
Can anyone point to an online retailer that has these cameras selling new with a USA warranty (not grey market)? If not, could anyone point me towards a brick and mortar retailer that carries this camera?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Where to buy D7000
gbowen Gold Member
11th Jan 2012
agitater Gold Member
11th Jan 2012
hawaii502160
11th Jan 2012
myfotoguy
11th Jan 2012
PaintedRays Silver Member
11th Jan 2012
mjhach Silver Member
11th Jan 2012
kschultz_76
11th Jan 2012
gkaiseril Gold Member
11th Jan 2012
rlecocq
11th Jan 2012
tekneektom Gold Member
11th Jan 2012
jvette Gold Member
11th Jan 2012
meohman1 Silver Member
12th Jan 2012
agedrunner Silver Member
12th Jan 2012
oldschoolD70
12th Jan 2012
billr814
13th Jan 2012
Kitiara121
13th Jan 2012
RLDubbya
13th Jan 2012
oldschoolD70
23rd Jan 2012
CozmoeD
14th Jan 2012
kschultz_76
15th Jan 2012
CozmoeD
14th Jan 2012
brooksfarm pa Silver Member
14th Jan 2012
xtrlooney Silver Member
15th Jan 2012
billr814
16th Jan 2012
oldschoolD70
23rd Jan 2012
agitater Gold Member
23rd Jan 2012
RLDubbya
23rd Jan 2012

gbowen Gold Member Nikonian since 31st Mar 2011Wed 11-Jan-12 10:15 AM
1111 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Where to buy D7000"
In response to Reply # 0

Canton, US

All I've been able to find in stock are refurbs. Here's what I found.

http://www.adorama.com/INKD7000R.html?kbid=64628

George

agitater Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Jan 2007Wed 11-Jan-12 12:02 PM
3862 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Where to buy D7000"
In response to Reply # 0

Toronto, CA

>I did a quick scan through this forum and could not find a
>good place where I could purchase a new Nikon D7000. Nikon
>lists this camera at $1,199.95 retail. Nikon has a website
>search engine on "where to buy" but all the places
>they list are out of this camera.

You're looking for a popular camera immediately after the near-global holiday shopping madness. Makes sense that it's out of stock everywhere. Everything is in short supply at this time of year. Wait a few weeks for inventory to be replenished and there will then be plenty of stock and plenty of competitive pricing once again IMO.

My Nikonians Gallery

Howard Carson, Managing Editor
Kickstartnews Inc. - http://www.kickstartnews.com

hawaii502160 Registered since 11th Feb 2011Wed 11-Jan-12 12:54 PM
183 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Where to buy D7000"
In response to Reply # 2
Wed 11-Jan-12 12:56 PM by hawaii502160

Cleveland, US

Just keep checking Amazon, B&H Photo, and Adorama...you may even pre-order it, if any of those sites will let you...that way you'll be first on the list when they start coming back in stock! I actually snagged mine at a local BestBuy last year when they were really hard to find. I had to drive 1 hour to the store in a snowstorm, but it was well worth it!!!!

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

myfotoguy Registered since 03rd Dec 2008Wed 11-Jan-12 01:57 PM
107 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Where to buy D7000"
In response to Reply # 0

Richfield, US

In addition to BH, Adorama, and Amazon (I personally like to stick with items sold by Amazon, not a third party selling through Amazon unless they are on the manufacturers authorized sellers list).

You might also try Berger Brothers.
There is a great camera shop chain to where I am at, you might call and see if they have any. They have an online store so they probably can ship: http://www.natcam.com/

-Tim

Visit my Zenfolio gallery.

PaintedRays Silver Member Nikonian since 25th Oct 2011Wed 11-Jan-12 02:07 PM
81 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Where to buy D7000"
In response to Reply # 4
Wed 11-Jan-12 02:12 PM by PaintedRays

Oregon, US

If you can find a local store with a Nikon event, they usually get a priority status for inventory. The D700 has been hard to find for a long time. During the Thanksgiving/Christmas holiday time period, my local independent dealer had an event and the Nikon rep was there, along with other reps (not competing camera reps), and they got at least 6 D700's and who knows how many D7000's that showed up the night before and couldn't go on sale till the morning of the event. I bought my D7k at that time, but was waivering over the D700. Decided to wait for it's replacement.

BTW, when you finally get your D7k, check your shots for a dirty sensor. Mine was unbelievably dirty.

www.paintedrays.com

mjhach Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Dec 2010Wed 11-Jan-12 02:40 PM
464 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Where to buy D7000"
In response to Reply # 0

Simcoe, CA

You might have to come to Canada to buy it, although here too, it was in very short supply in the Henry's camera chain, only available in Halifax as a Body only. However, I was able to get another chain, Carmen's Camera to break up a kit and just sell me the body only in trade for a D80. You might try that avenue. Some places will break up a kit while others were not so inclined.

kschultz_76 Registered since 07th Dec 2011Wed 11-Jan-12 04:05 PM
10 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Where to buy D7000"
In response to Reply # 0

US

I was able to find mine right after Christmas at my local and favored camera store. I actually got the last one they had in stock that day. They've only been able to get the body only, they said kits have been out of stock for months.

One thing to note, I only paid the Nikon recommended $1199.00 price for the body only, for some reason some online retailers are gouging that price shamelessly for an extra $100 at $1299.00, of course since they're out of stock it doesn't matter.

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Wed 11-Jan-12 05:18 PM
6739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Where to buy D7000"
In response to Reply # 0

Chicago, US

Nikon has started limited dSLR production in Thailand after the recent flooding and expects to get back to normal production levels in March 2012.

George
My Nikonian Galleries

rlecocq Registered since 14th Jan 2008Wed 11-Jan-12 07:17 PM
106 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: Where to buy D7000"
In response to Reply # 8

Winnipeg, CA

I am in Canada but I just helped a friend purchase one and I will advise if you fine one grab it.. they are rapidly getting extinct. We spent the better part of an hour calling all over the country to get one.

tekneektom Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Nov 2011Wed 11-Jan-12 07:24 PM
1433 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: Where to buy D7000"
In response to Reply # 0

Land O Lakes, US

This will sound redundant but watch Amazon.com, Adorama and B&H. Another place to keep an eye on is Costco.com as they have had the D7000 w/ 18-200mm lens at a good price - but they're out of stock now. I'd also keep an eye on the Nikon Outlet Store - they list the refurbished price as $1,079.96 http://shop.nikonusa.com/store/nikonusa/en_US/list/ThemeID.18145600/parentCategoryID.43896400/categoryID.43896500

It'll be worth the wait.

Tom

jvette Gold Member Nikonian since 25th Oct 2009Wed 11-Jan-12 10:16 PM
21 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "RE: Where to buy D7000"
In response to Reply # 10

Louisville, US

There is a really good company who advertises on here and has a section on the forum to ask them questions. It's Berger Brothers and they seem to be a very honest company. You may want to go to their forum on here and post what you are looking for.

meohman1 Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2007Thu 12-Jan-12 02:14 AM
506 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#12. "RE: Where to buy D7000"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu 12-Jan-12 03:47 AM by meohman1

Luling, US

I just checked B & H, and the have the Body Only In Stock for $1299.00 - I know that's a bit higher, but the shipping is free. How bad do you want it? $1199.00 plus shipping versus $1299.00 w/free shipping - pretty close to a wash if you want it quick!

For what it's worth - I paid $1129.95 for the D7000 from B & H in early October 2011 and I got free shipping. It has been rated as the best DX camera to date, hence the demand!

Here's the link to the webpage I viewed tonight:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/735002-REG/Nikon_25468_D7000_DSLR_Camera_Body.html/BI/4775/KBID/5289/

Good Luck!

Mike

Photography by Mike - My Nikonians Gallery

agedrunner Silver Member Nikonian since 13th Oct 2010Thu 12-Jan-12 02:34 AM
7 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#13. "RE: Where to buy D7000"
In response to Reply # 0

City, US

Mike's Camera in Boulder, Colorado may have some at $1,199 for a body only. They request calling on their website before buying.

oldschoolD70 Registered since 11th Jan 2012Thu 12-Jan-12 11:26 PM
4 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#14. "RE: Where to buy D7000"
In response to Reply # 13

US

Thank you for the input regarding the availability of the Nikon D7000. Today, this is the status of the D7000 from different retailers:

Amazon - $1,449.95
Adorama - $1,349.00 back ordered
Costco.com - not available
BestBuy - not available
Berger Brothers - back ordered
Mike's Camera - called today & found out it's back ordered
B & H photo - $1,299.00 temporarily unavailable
Ritz Camera - $999.99 refurbished
Ryther Camera - $1,239.00...keep changing the price - pretty sure this is a gray market camera

I do not do business with B&H photo any more after being burned twice within the same year. Both orders took over 90 days and I had to file claims to receive my merchandise. As the result of one order being so slow - I missed out on a Nikon rebate of $150 (from the merchandise I paid for). This is when I switched to buying from Adorama.

I would be interested in the Ritz Camera refurbished unit but after reading some not so stellar reviews about their online business, I will stay away (lessened learned from my horrible experiences from B&H).

I am pretty sure the Ryther Camera D7000 is gray market merchandise. So I'll pass on that offer as well.

Ebay currently reflects price gouging; used equipment; and gray market models.

I think I'll hold tight until the Nikon factory is back in production. I'd rather make a wise purchasing decision than to get burned by a less than reputable dealer.

billr814 Registered since 05th Dec 2011Fri 13-Jan-12 12:43 AM
50 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#15. "RE: Where to buy D7000"
In response to Reply # 14

US

ck J and R music world..ny bought mine there end of nov 2011...great company...like adorama,b and h...etc

Kitiara121 Registered since 11th Nov 2011Fri 13-Jan-12 10:11 AM
14 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#16. "RE: Where to buy D7000"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Try Crutchfield. They are currently out of stock but they are letting you reserve one for when they do come in. Hopefully your wait isn't too long.

I am here to learn.

Candy

Visit my Nikonians gallery One A Day Challenge.

RLDubbya Registered since 24th Dec 2011Fri 13-Jan-12 12:31 PM
542 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#17. "RE: Where to buy D7000"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Dodd Camera looks like they have them in stock. (DoddCamera.com).

They're a brick-and-mortar business based in Cleveland - been around a long time, very reputable, great place. I picked up my two D7000's from them, and try to buy all my gear from them, as they're local to me. They also have a pro rental division.

I'd call them and confirm stock, obviously, prior to ordering online.

oldschoolD70 Registered since 11th Jan 2012Mon 23-Jan-12 10:18 PM
#24. "RE: Where to buy D7000"
In response to Reply # 17
Mon 23-Jan-12 10:24 PM by oldschoolD70

US

message deleted..

CozmoeD Registered since 23rd Dec 2011Sat 14-Jan-12 01:33 AM
19 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#18. "RE: Where to buy D7000"
In response to Reply # 0

US

http://www.allenscamera.com

kschultz_76 Registered since 07th Dec 2011Sun 15-Jan-12 06:15 PM
10 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#21. "RE: Where to buy D7000"
In response to Reply # 18

US

Allen's Camera is my local camera store I spoke of in my post. Great shop, excellent knowledgeable staff, always been happy with their service over many years.

CozmoeD Registered since 23rd Dec 2011Sat 14-Jan-12 01:35 AM
19 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#19. "RE: Where to buy D7000"
In response to Reply # 0
Sat 14-Jan-12 01:37 AM by CozmoeD

US

Not sure why the double post.?

brooksfarm pa Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Apr 2002Sat 14-Jan-12 08:29 PM
574 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#20. "RE: Where to buy D7000"
In response to Reply # 0

Philadelphia vicinity, US

$1,299 with free shipping at B&H (always my first choice)

other nikonians have also included Adorama, Berger, Amazon; and you can't go wrong with any of them

ordered D7000 from B&H on Thursday and it arrived in Phila on Friday

today, their website shows it as "temporarily unavailable"

if you check one of the legit sites (see above) every day, you'll eventually get lucky

good luck and enjoy it when you get it

Dennis

xtrlooney Silver Member Nikonian since 20th Feb 2008Sun 15-Jan-12 07:13 PM
13 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#22. "RE: Where to buy D7000"
In response to Reply # 0

Cortlandt Manor, US

Try Camera Wholesalers in Stanford CT. I just bought a new US model from them for $1199 last week. They also had refurbished ones for sale.

billr814 Registered since 05th Dec 2011Mon 16-Jan-12 11:49 PM
50 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#23. "RE: Where to buy D7000"
In response to Reply # 0

US

amazon

oldschoolD70 Registered since 11th Jan 2012Mon 23-Jan-12 10:24 PM
#25. "RE: Where to buy D7000"
In response to Reply # 23

US

I went with Dodd Camera the day I saw your post RLDubbya - Thank You. It finally arrived today. They packed it really well. As luck would have it, my local camera store called the very next day saying their shipment came in. Oh well, at least I got one - from looking around brick and mortar as well as online retailers, it was not looking good.

Anyway, I had a question for this group...
How many shutter actuations should a "NEW" camera have?
What is an acceptable number here?

Any input you all could provide would be greatly appreciated.

agitater Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Jan 2007Mon 23-Jan-12 10:54 PM
3862 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#26. "RE: Where to buy D7000"
In response to Reply # 25

Toronto, CA

>Anyway, I had a question for this group...
>How many shutter actuations should a "NEW" camera
>have?
>What is an acceptable number here?

My guess is that during assembly and testing at the factory, spot checks are quickly done with each and every camera to ensure it is operating within spec. So there are shutter actuations to test AF-S, AF-C, AF-Auto Area and so on, and shutter actuations for Cl and Ch, Mup, etc., etc. While the camera is still on the factory line, I believe the actuation count is supposed to be normally reset to zero before the camera is unplugged from whatever test connection is being used for test verification, firmware calibration and so on. Typically, I think (both from what I've read and judging from what I've noticed with my own Nikon bodies over the years), the actuation count is very low out of the box, and frequently it has been zero. My D700, D300s and D7000 all had zero actuations out of the box. My D3s had 200 actuations out of the box. Can't remember any others.

When you run into a higher acutation number - say, something over 25 - I'd guess that a store customer has tried the camera over the counter or a salesperson has demonstrated that particular camera over the counter. Depending on the camera body and where it's made, I'd also guess there are different assembly line practices from factory to factory and from assembly line to assembly line depending on which shift and which line produced your particular camera body.

I don't know if Nikon has a zero actuation rule out of the box (for camera bodies that haven't been shot in-store by customers or salespeople) or if it's hit or miss in that regard coming out of the factory.

My Nikonians Gallery

Howard Carson, Managing Editor
Kickstartnews Inc. - http://www.kickstartnews.com

RLDubbya Registered since 24th Dec 2011Mon 23-Jan-12 11:48 PM
542 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#27. "RE: Where to buy D7000"
In response to Reply # 25

US

I would hazard a guess that if you have an issue, calling the folks at Dodd would find them perfectly OK working with you. They've always treated me, and everybody else I know, properly.

Hopefully, you're happy with the purchase and get a lot of enjoyment from your new camera. I hope that, in some small way, I was able to help out.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #15351 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.