Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #149
View in linear mode

Subject: "The REAL reason I pre-ordered a D7000" Previous topic | Next topic
Rich Mc Silver Member Nikonian since 24th Oct 2004Thu 16-Sep-10 01:52 PM
20 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"The REAL reason I pre-ordered a D7000"

Long Beach, US

The D7000 specs look great but I still love my D300. WHY buy a D7000? NAS!

Rich Mc

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Snapshott Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Sep 2007Thu 16-Sep-10 05:31 PM
396 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: The REAL reason I pre-ordered a D7000"
In response to Reply # 0

Richmond, US

>The D7000 specs look great but I still love my D300. WHY buy
>a D7000? NAS!

Because I currently shoot with a D80

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Thu 16-Sep-10 06:37 PM
25659 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: The REAL reason I pre-ordered a D7000"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Rich,

The D7000 provides increased performance and capability over the D90.
I am sure it will atract many D70/D80/D90 owners into upgrading while also offering added performance even over the D300 series bodies. This also gives us a glimpse into the what the D300 replacement has in store when it is announced in the (near?) future!
Nikons next generation bodies are going to be the cats meow!
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

wwt67 Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Apr 2010Fri 17-Sep-10 03:01 AM
329 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: The REAL reason I pre-ordered a D7000"
In response to Reply # 2

Warsaw, US

Why buy a D7k? Because I have a d5k that I have grown out of in less than a year. I love the IQ that it provides, but the view finder is small and just plain sucks. The hand grip is too small, and I'm tired of going into menus to change settings. I really wish I would have bought a D90. I was considering a D90 or even a D300S very soon but now I'm really excited about the D7k. For me, a D300S is almost too large and it's $600+ more expensive than a D90. Why would I buy a D7k over a D90? Better ISO, better AF and metering (assumption).

kricha6431 Registered since 15th Aug 2010Tue 21-Sep-10 04:23 AM
16 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: The REAL reason I pre-ordered a D7000"
In response to Reply # 3

US

Why buy a Nikon D7000? Cause i have quite a few Nikon gadgets from when I had my D90 I wish I had kept, and they need a new body to call home.

Photography: you either have it in you to handle the demands Phography presents you everday or get out

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #149 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.