Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #138
View in linear mode

Subject: "D7000 announced" Previous topic | Next topic
philipl Gold Member Nikonian since 31st May 2007Wed 15-Sep-10 07:32 PM
1725 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D7000 announced"

Oxford, US

http://www.adorama.com/ALC/News.aspx?kbid=64628&alias=Pre-Photokina-Special-Nikon-unveils-D7000-16MP-DSLR-with-1080p-HD-Video&utm_source=ET&utm_medium=Email

Philip

Do not settle for mediocrity. Rather strive for excellence for even in that attempt lies a measure of success.

My Gallery

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

rectangularimage Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Oct 2009Wed 15-Sep-10 11:54 PM
1097 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D7000 announced"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed 15-Sep-10 11:58 PM by rectangularimage

San Diego, US

Sure looks impressive for $1200. I don't know much about DSLR video, but it seems Nikon might be taking it seriously now.

Chase Jarvis made some movies with a prototype:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNKtFkX29IE&feature=player_embedded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMbBKukJzBk&feature=channel

...Mike

My website | My Nikonians gallery

Crabby Guy Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Feb 2004Fri 17-Sep-10 01:29 AM
975 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D7000 announced--Is there really a reason to trade in D300?"
In response to Reply # 1

Seal Beach, US

I don't do video at all--mainly travel photography, macro, and the occasional bird. I am also working on improving my printing, which goes up to just 13" x 19". Having fairly recently hiked down and up a few thousand feet at Canyon de Chelly, I've cut my travel kit from about 25 lbs. back to 10 lbs. (I'll turn 64 in less than a week, God willing. Still, I'm writing this from Korea on my way to Cambodia and then Vietnam before returning to California.) The D7000 would let me take another lens or something else photographic along when traveling.

The most appealing features of the D7000 for me are its metal body like the D300's, the half-pound saving in weight vs. the D300, the improved sensor, and the ability to operate non-AF-S lenses. I'll credit the D300 with better waterproofing and a few more sensors. Also, I can likely "downgrade" for just $200 or so. Selling my current body and buying a D400 when it comes out will cost, I'll guess, $1300 or more. In this situation, I would just wait for the D8000 or D500.

Advice?

Adrian

Photography, though not an art form in itself, has the peculiar capacity to turn all of its subjects into works of art. Susan Sontag, On Photography, p. 149. 1977.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #138 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.