Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #1376
View in linear mode

Subject: "D90 Kirk L plate work on D7000?" Previous topic | Next topic
bluelake_boy Silver Member Charter MemberSat 30-Oct-10 08:37 PM
79 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D90 Kirk L plate work on D7000?"

Lino Lakes, US

Will a Kirk L plate for a D90 fit a D7000?

Doug Peterson
my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

JPJ Silver Member Nikonian since 20th Aug 2009Sun 31-Oct-10 02:11 AM
1327 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D90 Kirk L plate work on D7000?"
In response to Reply # 0

Toronto, CA

Not sure, the dimensions of the D7000 did not change significantly. Unlikely the D90 one would allow proper access to ports, etc.

That being said RRS and Kirk are now taking pre-orders for D7000 specific L-Plates to be shipped in early November. I have pre-ordered the RRS one.

Jason

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

bluelake_boy Silver Member Charter MemberSat 06-Nov-10 09:07 PM
79 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D90 Kirk L plate work on D7000?"
In response to Reply # 0

Lino Lakes, US

Anybody try this out yet?

Doug Peterson
my Nikonians gallery.

redbike Registered since 22nd Aug 2010Tue 29-Mar-11 08:25 PM
76 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D90 Kirk L plate work on D7000?"
In response to Reply # 2

Edmonton, CA

Can't say about the Kirk, but I have an RRS L plate that I bought for my D90. It fits on the D7000 fine - not perfect, but well enough to be perfectly useable. Access to the ports on the left hand side of the camera are not great, but no worse than when the plate was on the D90. I don't use HDMI/mic, etc. so no loss to me.

JazzDoc Gold Member Nikonian since 11th Mar 2006Tue 29-Mar-11 09:08 PM
376 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: D90 Kirk L plate work on D7000?"
In response to Reply # 0

Rochester, US

Apparently, Nikon changed the layout and barn door over the connectors with the D7000. I first bought the RRS L bracket they recommend for this body, but as noted already, even this one is tight with getting to those connectors and keeping the door open. The Kirk works better, but not as nicely as on other bodies.

Gary Paige

my gallery

www.frontpaige-photography.com

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #1376 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.