Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #13534
View in linear mode

Subject: "Nikon Pricing for D7000" Previous topic | Next topic
ty57 Gold Member Nikonian since 24th Dec 2010Sun 20-Nov-11 05:35 PM
12 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Nikon Pricing for D7000"

Hope, US

Hello all. I'm new here, but have been reading a lot posted in the forums about the D7000. I have the D5000 and was considering upgrading to the D7000. Looks like I may have drug my feet too long. Apparently there was a $100 discount that ended yesterday. From those of you who watch Nikon's pricing policies, any predictions on how long before Nikon begins offering any new price incentives to purchase the D7000 body only?

By the way, looks like there is a lot of knowledge our there that you all are eager to share. Hope to learn a lot more.

Tony

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Nikon Pricing for D7000
billD80 Silver Member
20th Nov 2011
dlinsbeck
20th Nov 2011
Jflash
21st Nov 2011
Netadmin
21st Nov 2011
luckyphoto Silver Member
21st Nov 2011
RockyIII Gold Member
21st Nov 2011
jdbishop
21st Nov 2011
ty57 Gold Member
21st Nov 2011
Davidpeter1 Silver Member
21st Nov 2011
briantilley Moderator
21st Nov 2011
mikesrc Silver Member
21st Nov 2011
ty57 Gold Member
22nd Nov 2011
mikesrc Silver Member
22nd Nov 2011
Jflash
22nd Nov 2011
briantilley Moderator
22nd Nov 2011
torwood Silver Member
22nd Nov 2011
NDGraham Silver Member
25th Nov 2011
Paul94583
24th Nov 2011

billD80 Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2007Sun 20-Nov-11 05:53 PM
2141 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Nikon Pricing for D7000"
In response to Reply # 0

US

If you need and can afford a D7000, get one as soon as you find one available at the standard street price.

The Nikon factory in Thailand (where the D7000 is made) was flooded out. Finding a D7000 at discount would be an unlikely prospect for quite some time.

www.billkeane.zenfolio.com

dlinsbeck Registered since 26th Oct 2011Sun 20-Nov-11 08:03 PM
6 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Nikon Pricing for D7000"
In response to Reply # 0

US

I have had my D7000 for about 3 weeks now and absolutely love it. I too came from the D5000 and can honestly say that the differences between the two are amazing. The detail and speed of the camera is awesome. For the price of the camera, you really can't beat it for the feature set. I would have to say that you really need to jump on one if you can find it right now while the price is still reasonable. With the factories hit due to flooding, the prices will surely go up. Good Luck!

Jflash Registered since 15th Nov 2011Mon 21-Nov-11 01:57 AM
49 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Nikon Pricing for D7000"
In response to Reply # 0

US

I think the market and competition will determine the price of the D7000. Flooding in Thailand will only affect delivery, and only for a little while. That being said, if you want one and can afford it get one now, you won't regret it; and they may be unavailable when you decide to do it. But if you don't then keeping the D5000 a little longer isn't so horrible, is it?

Netadmin Registered since 16th Apr 2011Mon 21-Nov-11 02:31 AM
99 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Nikon Pricing for D7000"
In response to Reply # 3

Fenwick, CA

I purchased my D7000 just a few weeks ago (it's a great camera), in Canada, so I'm not sure what the going rate is in the U.S.

You might want to check out this thread in the "I want to sell" forum, as someone on this board is selling a D7000 that is not very old:

http://www.nikonians.org/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=137&topic_id=98970&mesg_id=98970&listing_type=read_new

Vince

luckyphoto Silver Member Nikonian since 27th Dec 2010Mon 21-Nov-11 11:25 AM
743 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Nikon Pricing for D7000"
In response to Reply # 4

Port Charlotte, US

It appears that you can still get discounts at Sears and B & H Photo.

Larry

"Red is gray and yellow white, but we decide which is right
....and which is an illusion"

Moody Blues - Nights in White Satin

RockyIII Gold Member Nikonian since 27th May 2006Mon 21-Nov-11 01:41 PM
3019 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Nikon Pricing for D7000"
In response to Reply # 5

Raleigh, US

When I was looking for a D7000 recently, B&H did not have any in stock. There were some listed on Amazon by various sellers, but they were all higher than the Nikon SRP. I found one at a local Nikon dealer for $1,199.

Rocky

jdbishop Registered since 01st Jul 2006Mon 21-Nov-11 02:13 PM
84 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Nikon Pricing for D7000"
In response to Reply # 6

Katy, US

I'm getting out of the DSLR business and will be selling all of my D7000 goodies in the near future. As soon as I get the time I will list on the For Sale thread. It will include the D7000, four lenses, mb-d11, two flashes, gp-1 and several other goodies.

Jack Bishop

Ready - Fire - Aim

ty57 Gold Member Nikonian since 24th Dec 2010Mon 21-Nov-11 10:27 PM
12 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: Nikon Pricing for D7000"
In response to Reply # 3

Hope, US

>But if you don't then keeping the D5000 a little longer isn't so horrible, is it?>

Thanks everyone for your input. I think I'll take Jflash's suggestion and keep using my D5000 for the time being. It's working great for me, but you all know how it is, you just really need the next best thing. Or, at least that's what I tell my wife, but she just doesn't seem to understand how that works. I'll probably wait until after the first of the year, get past the holidays, and see what happens.

Tony

Davidpeter1 Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Mar 2004Mon 21-Nov-11 08:33 PM
556 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Nikon Pricing for D7000"
In response to Reply # 0

Cardiff, GB

during this last week, prices of the D7000 body have suddenly gone up sharply in Britain, eg Jessops (UK biggest camera store chain) £794 lagged behind big jumps at Amazon by a few days, then up to £849.99 by mid week, and on Saturday to £949.99. Amazon now £989, a 25% increase in a week.
It's been a bit like watching stocks and shares or the gold price and realising why I'm not in the financial business - a boat well missed! Fortunately my wife caught it for the Christmas present on Saturday afternoon while there were still offerings around for just over £800ish.

David.

Cardiff,Britain.

BE A BLOOD + BONE MARROW DONOR TO FIGHT CANCER, YOU MAY SAVE A LIFE.
http://www.nikonians-images.com/galleries/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=16427

briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003Mon 21-Nov-11 08:55 PM
28735 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: Nikon Pricing for D7000"
In response to Reply # 8

Paignton, GB

The D7000 is still listed at £899 at Mifsuds (a UK Nikon Pro dealer).

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

mikesrc Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd May 2009Mon 21-Nov-11 11:50 PM
299 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "RE: Nikon Pricing for D7000"
In response to Reply # 9

OKLAHOMA CITY, US

Jump on one of the refurbs direct from Nikon. I did and have not look back!!

ty57 Gold Member Nikonian since 24th Dec 2010Tue 22-Nov-11 03:52 AM
#13. "RE: Nikon Pricing for D7000"
In response to Reply # 11

Hope, US

>Jump on one of the refurbs direct from Nikon. I did and have
>not look back!!

Mikesrc, did you purchase an extended warranty when you bought the refurbished D7000? I have bought two refurbished Nikon lens from Cameta Cameras, and have had great luck with them so far. Adorama has the refurbished D7000 listed at $999.00, which sounds like a great price, but with only a 90 day warranty.

Tony

mikesrc Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd May 2009Tue 22-Nov-11 11:23 AM
299 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#15. "RE: Nikon Pricing for D7000"
In response to Reply # 13

OKLAHOMA CITY, US

>>Jump on one of the refurbs direct from Nikon. I did and
>have
>>not look back!!
>
>Mikesrc, did you purchase an extended warranty when you bought
>the refurbished D7000? I have bought two refurbished Nikon
>lens from Cameta Cameras, and have had great luck with them so
>far. Adorama has the refurbished D7000 listed at $999.00,
>which sounds like a great price, but with only a 90 day
>warranty.
>
>Tony

No just went with the 90 day

Jflash Registered since 15th Nov 2011Tue 22-Nov-11 12:19 AM
49 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#12. "RE: Nikon Pricing for D7000"
In response to Reply # 8

US

Maybe the VAT went up again.

briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003Tue 22-Nov-11 08:22 AM
28735 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#14. "RE: Nikon Pricing for D7000"
In response to Reply # 12

Paignton, GB

>Maybe the VAT went up again.

No, it didn't (for once...!)

I'm sure the price increase is just a way of managing demand in response to supply problems due to the flooding at the Nikon factory in Thailand.

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

torwood Silver Member Nikonian since 06th Dec 2010Tue 22-Nov-11 09:18 PM
666 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#16. "RE: Nikon Pricing for D7000"
In response to Reply # 14

Jefferson Hills, US

Just bought my D7000 from Samy's Camera in CA, with the $100 instant rebate. It should be delivered today or tomorrow. Price OTD: $1,099.00. This is the best I could find anywhere that had them in-stock. B&H was also advertising the rebate, and same price as mine, but they went out of stock a month ago. Ritz also had them advertised for the same price, but I read some consumer feedback on them, and it was loaded with problems about customers being misled about availabilty.

I'd say, at this point, if Samy's is out of stock, then you're looking at paying $1,199, which is still a good price (until you see that others got away for nearly 10% less). Adorama has them in-stock for that price as of last week.

While that $999 refurb price was tempting, I was afraid to go refurb on this camera for the following reasons: 1) There have been a lot of forum coments about AF problems with early deliveries of this camera - not only here, but if you google it. I was afraid of getting a return that somebody just decided to send back after a few days, no questions asked/answered, that was never fixed by Nikon in refurb because they didn't know it was bad. I also was afraid that if you get a "repaired" camera, whatever might have caused the problem, if not addressed, might cause it again. Given those fears, that 90 day warranty just wasn't long enough for me - and I don't buy extended warranties. 2) I've heard there were some firmware bugs in the initial units. There is a fix for this (Ken Rockwell has a link), but I figured that fix might have been fcactory-addressed by the time my model was produced (since these sell off the shelves so fast). We'll see.

Just a few things to think about. I think the price will stay at $1,199, or even go up a little (God knows where that rebate came from?) until the new D300 upgrade comes out (if ever?). Then, it will probably go down another $100 or so. Just my guess.

NDGraham Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Jan 2007Fri 25-Nov-11 02:17 AM
612 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#18. "RE: Nikon Pricing for D7000"
In response to Reply # 16
Fri 25-Nov-11 02:19 AM by NDGraham

Dorval (Montreal), CA

I am about to pay the same $1099 CAD here in Montreal tomorrow at Simons for a D7000. Last week they advertised it at $1069 so the fluctuation in the values of the Canadian and American dollars is causing variations. I will spring soon, though, with all the production problems in Thailand.
Enjoy your new Naquisition! Show us some shots when you've had a chance to snap a few! I'll do likewise.
Neill
Proud to be a Montreal Nikonian
http://picasaweb.google.com/NeillDGraham

Paul94583 Registered since 09th Dec 2008Thu 24-Nov-11 02:19 AM
251 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#17. "RE: Nikon Pricing for D7000"
In response to Reply # 0

Chandler, US

You could always wait a few years and pick up a new body, prior to it being discontinued for half as much.

Paul

"I'd rather try and fail, than fail to try."

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #13534 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.