Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #13445
View in linear mode

Subject: "D7000 Just arrived" Previous topic | Next topic
srosengard Basic MemberTue 15-Nov-11 02:54 AM
94 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D7000 Just arrived"

US

I would like to purchase a which describes in a language I can understand all of the features of the D7000. Any recommendations

Steve

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D7000 Just arrived
luckyphoto Silver Member
15th Nov 2011
texspeel Silver Member
16th Nov 2011
J_Harris Silver Member
16th Nov 2011
ChrisPlatt Silver Member
15th Nov 2011
texspeel Silver Member
15th Nov 2011
xat130j Gold Member
15th Nov 2011
RockyIII Gold Member
16th Nov 2011
paul_7e Silver Member
16th Nov 2011
texspeel Silver Member
17th Nov 2011

luckyphoto Silver Member Nikonian since 27th Dec 2010Tue 15-Nov-11 11:49 AM
743 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D7000 Just arrived"
In response to Reply # 0

Port Charlotte, US

Steve,
If you mean a manual for the D7000, look at Thom Hogan's "Complete Guide to the D7000". I got the CD version with the field guide that goes in my camera bag.

Here's the link. http://bythom.com/nikond7000guide.htm

Larry

"Red is gray and yellow white, but we decide which is right
....and which is an illusion"

Moody Blues - Nights in White Satin

texspeel Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Nov 2011Wed 16-Nov-11 02:56 PM
346 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: D7000 Just arrived"
In response to Reply # 1

Fairfax Station, US

Hi Larry,
Where did you get your copies of the Thom Hogan D7000 book? I've looked on iBooks, Amazon, and Barnes and Noble and the "Complete Guide to the D7000" doesn't show up on any of them, either hard copy or electrons.
Thanks!
Tom

"Nothing can be recognized without light and shade. It is only through the eye, the window of the soul, that we can truly understand the complex workings of nature." - Leonardo da Vinci

J_Harris Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Mar 2011Wed 16-Nov-11 03:13 PM
664 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: D7000 Just arrived"
In response to Reply # 6
Wed 16-Nov-11 03:14 PM by J_Harris

US

>Hi Larry,
> Where did you get your copies of the Thom Hogan D7000 book?
>I've looked on iBooks, Amazon, and Barnes and Noble and the
>"Complete Guide to the D7000" doesn't show up on any
>of them, either hard copy or electrons.
>Thanks!
>Tom

I'm not Larry, but I had to order Thom Hogan's book directly from his website. Check the link in Larry's post, it has instructions for ordering the book. It is expensive but worth the money.

ChrisPlatt Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Jun 2011Tue 15-Nov-11 02:35 PM
515 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D7000 Just arrived"
In response to Reply # 0

US

I also recommend Hogan's book. Straight, clear guidance, but also exhaustive detail if you want it.

Visit my gallery.

texspeel Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Nov 2011Tue 15-Nov-11 06:36 PM
346 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D7000 Just arrived"
In response to Reply # 0

Fairfax Station, US

Steve,
I have about 6 or 7 different books on the D7000. The one I've found the best is one by fellow Nikonian, Darrell Young, called "Mastering the D7000." I'd highly recommend it.

"Nothing can be recognized without light and shade. It is only through the eye, the window of the soul, that we can truly understand the complex workings of nature." - Leonardo da Vinci

xat130j Gold Member Nikonian since 10th Oct 2007Tue 15-Nov-11 07:31 PM
329 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: D7000 Just arrived"
In response to Reply # 3

GB

Hi Texspeel

Welcome to Nikonians, and agree Darrells book is first class, I downloaded my copy to my Kindle.

Dave

Regards
Dave Tucker
Yorkshire Nikonian

Please take time to visit my website:

http://www.davidtucker.co.uk

RockyIII Gold Member Nikonian since 27th May 2006Wed 16-Nov-11 07:58 PM
3019 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: D7000 Just arrived"
In response to Reply # 5

Raleigh, US

Dave,

Does Darrell's book work well on the Kindle? I love my Kindle for reading novels, but I have been disappointed when I have tried to view books containing graphics and photographs.

Rocky

paul_7e Silver Member Charter MemberWed 16-Nov-11 10:56 PM
301 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: D7000 Just arrived"
In response to Reply # 8

US

I don't have a Kindle, but I have the Kindle App on my iMac and it works very well. I downloaded (or uploaded!) Darrell's book on the iMac and am very satisfied with the graphics and photographs. Maybe the new Kindle Fire would work well, although the price is higher.

Paul

texspeel Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Nov 2011Thu 17-Nov-11 05:10 PM
#10. "RE: D7000 Just arrived"
In response to Reply # 8

Fairfax Station, US

Rocky,
Similar to Dave's experience on the iMac, I have the Mastering the D7000 book on my iPad using the Kindle app and it works fine from all perspectives.
Tom

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #13445 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.