Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #13381
View in linear mode

Subject: "D7000 Control Panel (Top LCD) Screen Protector" Previous topic | Next topic
brosen Silver Member Nikonian since 24th Sep 2009Sat 12-Nov-11 12:28 PM
61 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D7000 Control Panel (Top LCD) Screen Protector"

Plymout, US

Hi, I am looking for a Screen Protector set for both LCDs, including the Top LCD (Control Panel), any previous experience ?, thanks

Bernard

D800E
28-300, 24-120, 105 Micro, 85G, 50G, 28G
SB-910

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D7000 Control Panel (Top LCD) Screen Protector
RockyIII Gold Member
12th Nov 2011
myfotoguy
12th Nov 2011
ChrisPlatt Silver Member
12th Nov 2011
Gamecocks Silver Member
12th Nov 2011
srosengard
15th Nov 2011
DAJolley Silver Member
15th Nov 2011

RockyIII Gold Member Nikonian since 27th May 2006Sat 12-Nov-11 12:58 PM
2967 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D7000 Control Panel (Top LCD) Screen Protector"
In response to Reply # 0

Raleigh, US

I don't use one currently, but my favorite screen protectors are made by Giottos.

Rocky

myfotoguy Registered since 03rd Dec 2008Sat 12-Nov-11 10:55 PM
107 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D7000 Control Panel (Top LCD) Screen Protector"
In response to Reply # 1

Richfield, US

>I don't use one currently, but my favorite screen protectors
>are made by Giottos.
>
>Rocky

I second this opinion. I have also used "GGS" brand from eBay, seemed pretty good. In fact, mine got smacked and cracked but the LCD was fine. But after that one I bought Giottos. Not sure if there is much difference or not. The second time I just decided to go with a brand name I was more familiar with.

I never used it on the top LCD though, just the back. Like Rocky, I currently don't have one either (just picked up a D7000, had them on my D300). I may get one, but also may stick with the Nikon one.

-Tim

Visit my Zenfolio gallery.

ChrisPlatt Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Jun 2011Sat 12-Nov-11 01:10 PM
515 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D7000 Control Panel (Top LCD) Screen Protector"
In response to Reply # 0
Sat 12-Nov-11 01:10 PM by ChrisPlatt

US

I've never used a screen protector and don't see much need for the top LCD, but here's one:

http://www.amazon.com/Optical-Screen-Protector-Nikon-D7000/dp/B004QG2QBU

Visit my gallery.

Gamecocks Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jul 2010Sat 12-Nov-11 11:12 PM
982 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: D7000 Control Panel (Top LCD) Screen Protector"
In response to Reply # 0

Joanna, US

I have the Giottos brand (SP 8302) from B&H for the monitor screen - very good fit, easy to install, easily cleaned.

John

Nobody should seek his own good, but the good of others. <><

srosengard Basic MemberTue 15-Nov-11 02:44 AM
94 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: D7000 Control Panel (Top LCD) Screen Protector"
In response to Reply # 0

US

I have never used one, however what I did was to put a small piece of fishline between the LCD cover and the Camera strap hook, these way the LCD holder cannot get lost

DAJolley Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Dec 2007Tue 15-Nov-11 12:14 PM
1074 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: D7000 Control Panel (Top LCD) Screen Protector"
In response to Reply # 0

US

I have used the GGS protectors on 4 different cameras and have never had a problem. They work well and are economical.
Dave Jolley

David Jolley
Pickerington, Ohio
Please visit my Website

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #13381 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.