Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #12980
View in linear mode

Subject: "Focus Select" Previous topic | Next topic
wmmc Gold Member Nikonian since 09th May 2009Fri 28-Oct-11 04:44 AM
26 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Focus Select"

Singapore, SG

Feeling like an idiot. I have searched through a lot of posts, but I can't find the answer to this.

I used to use to move the focus point on my D70, and D90 (and can still do it on my D90), but I can't make it work on my recently purchased D7000. I turn the Lock switch to the "dot", turn to P, or A, or S, and try to move the curson ring and nothing happens.

It doesn't seem to matter if I have AF-S/AF-C set to Release or Focus. And I have I have the AF Point Illumination set to ON, which also does not seem to be ON all the time, and shows nothing when I try to move the Focus Point.

All of the posts I read just talk about using it for selecting focus.

Am I missing something obvious?
Thanks, Bill

Bill

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TheDraftsman Registered since 20th Jan 2011Fri 28-Oct-11 07:52 AM
97 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Focus Select"
In response to Reply # 0

middlesex, US

Press your AF button and turn your front dial to take it out of Auto mode!!!!

Visit Current D90 Set-up.

http://fototime.com/{04CF383D-D221-4184-A88C-5F1B6AFC4AE4}/origpict/proudownerfinal.png

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

wmmc Gold Member Nikonian since 09th May 2009Fri 28-Oct-11 01:06 PM
26 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Focus Select"
In response to Reply # 1

Singapore, SG

Awesome! Thanks for the quick and simple resolution!
Bill

Bill

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #12980 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.