Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #1290
View in linear mode

Subject: "They're Here! D7000 Body Only" Previous topic | Next topic
pdekman Gold Member Winner in The Nikonians 10th Anniversary Photo Contest Awarded as a regular contributor who offers in-depth knowledge to members who are interested in building efficient work flows. Nikonian since 17th Nov 2005Wed 27-Oct-10 05:49 PM
1032 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"They're Here! D7000 Body Only"
Thu 28-Oct-10 05:11 PM by pdekman

Swisher, US

I preordered a D7000 body-only from my local dealer and it arrived today (27-Oct). Just picked it up and am looking forward to trying it out tonight.

Paul
My Nikonians Gallery

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: They're Here! D7000 Body Only
sonvan2010
27th Oct 2010
pdekman Gold Member
27th Oct 2010
KnightPhoto Gold Member
28th Oct 2010
MEMcD Moderator
27th Oct 2010
charlie68
27th Oct 2010
yelcab
27th Oct 2010
pdekman Gold Member
28th Oct 2010
PAStime Silver Member
28th Oct 2010
pdekman Gold Member
28th Oct 2010
sirraj Silver Member
28th Oct 2010
Snapshott Silver Member
31st Oct 2010

sonvan2010 Registered since 27th Oct 2010Wed 27-Oct-10 06:06 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: They're Here! D7000 Body Only"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi,

Could you please tell me where you order it form? I would love to have one.

Thanks

pdekman Gold Member Winner in The Nikonians 10th Anniversary Photo Contest Awarded as a regular contributor who offers in-depth knowledge to members who are interested in building efficient work flows. Nikonian since 17th Nov 2005Wed 27-Oct-10 10:11 PM
1032 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: They're Here! D7000 Body Only"
In response to Reply # 1

Swisher, US

I got mine from the fine folks at Photo Pro in Cedar Rapids, IA. They have an online site at http://www.photoproonline.com and have always provided excellent service.

Good Luck!

Paul
My Nikonians Gallery

KnightPhoto Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2006Thu 28-Oct-10 01:46 AM
4215 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: They're Here! D7000 Body Only"
In response to Reply # 5

Alberta, CA

Super news!

Best regards, SteveK

'A camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.' -- Dorothea Lange
My Nikonians gallery
My Nikonians Blog

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Wed 27-Oct-10 06:50 PM
25673 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: They're Here! D7000 Body Only"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Paul,

Congratulations on your new D7000.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

charlie68 Registered since 25th Oct 2010Wed 27-Oct-10 07:05 PM
58 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: They're Here! D7000 Body Only"
In response to Reply # 2

GB

How strange that it should have arrived on the same day that the supporting NX2.2.6 update was released?

Charlie

yelcab Registered since 30th Nov 2006Wed 27-Oct-10 08:34 PM
911 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: They're Here! D7000 Body Only"
In response to Reply # 3

San carlos, US

My budget has to wait for December ...

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

pdekman Gold Member Winner in The Nikonians 10th Anniversary Photo Contest Awarded as a regular contributor who offers in-depth knowledge to members who are interested in building efficient work flows. Nikonian since 17th Nov 2005Thu 28-Oct-10 02:18 AM
#7. "RE: They're Here! D7000 Body Only"
In response to Reply # 0

Swisher, US

I've not put the camera through a lot of paces yet, but I wanted to quickly evaluate image sharpness with my copy. Shooting around the house with my Nikon 85/1.4 left me smiling. I also wanted to see if my Sigma 150/2.8 macro would focus normally. Again, no problems.

Here's an example with the Sigma 150mm along with a 100% crop. I think the new sensor has plenty of resolution. Shot on tripod using Mup and remote shutter, ISO100, f/4, 2sec exposure. I processed these with LR3.3 Release Candidate.

Paul
My Nikonians Gallery

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)

PAStime Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Feb 2009Thu 28-Oct-10 12:40 PM
2669 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: They're Here! D7000 Body Only"
In response to Reply # 7
Thu 28-Oct-10 12:40 PM by PAStime

Kingston, CA

Wow, that is indeed sharp. Perhaps it is telling us more about the lens though, and the shooting technique, than the camera's sensor. Peter

pdekman Gold Member Winner in The Nikonians 10th Anniversary Photo Contest Awarded as a regular contributor who offers in-depth knowledge to members who are interested in building efficient work flows. Nikonian since 17th Nov 2005Thu 28-Oct-10 03:11 PM
#9. "RE: They're Here! D7000 Body Only"
In response to Reply # 8

Swisher, US

Well, they're all part of the system - sensor included. I'm pleased that it is not a weak link under good conditions. Now, if I can't get critically sharp images while handholding, I'll know its more about shutter speed or stability rather than a camera limitation.

Paul
My Nikonians Gallery

sirraj Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Oct 2005Thu 28-Oct-10 08:22 PM
194 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: They're Here! D7000 Body Only"
In response to Reply # 0

Minneapolis, US

I received an email from Amazon today informing me that my D7000 (body only) has shipped. I placed my order on September 15.

Sirraj

Snapshott Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Sep 2007Sun 31-Oct-10 02:09 AM
396 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "RE: They're Here! D7000 Body Only"
In response to Reply # 0

Richmond, US

I just got mine today from a local dealer. I wanted to help out the local dealer but when went in in mid September the store looked like it was going to close based on being low inventory. So instead of leaving a paying full price for a re-order I asked to be put on a waiting list. It came in today and the manager was very appreciative.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #1290 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.