Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #12852
View in linear mode

Subject: "Nikon MC-DC2 and Nikon D7000" Previous topic | Next topic
Kale49 Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Sat 22-Oct-11 06:47 AM
56 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Nikon MC-DC2 and Nikon D7000"

Espoo, FI

Hi Nikon D7000-friends. I bought a Nikon MC-DC2 remote cord for my D7000. When installing there´s a total black out in my camera body. Any experiences of same kind?

Kale S
Espoo, Finland

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Nikon MC-DC2 and Nikon D7000
tcerul
24th Oct 2011
four eighty sparky Silver Member
24th Oct 2011
DeanAZ Moderator
24th Oct 2011
Kale49 Silver Member
25th Oct 2011
Kale49 Silver Member
26th Oct 2011
Reply message Third Party MC-DC2 from Neewer
hyphotographer
16th Feb 2013
Reply message RE: Third Party MC-DC2 from Neewer
Bravozulu Silver Member
17th Feb 2013
     Reply message seeking focus
hyphotographer
17th Feb 2013

tcerul Basic MemberMon 24-Oct-11 08:45 PM
422 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Nikon MC-DC2 and Nikon D7000"
In response to Reply # 0

Hardy, US

I have no such problem with my MC-DC2. But...

With my old D80, I would sometimes experience a similar issue. I solved the problem with the D80 by turning off the camera before inserting the plug into the camera socket.

Sounds like there might be a short of some sort when inserting the remote plug into the body with the camera turned on.

Tom
From Beautiful Smith Mountain Lake in Virginia

four eighty sparky Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Apr 2011Mon 24-Oct-11 10:24 PM
1455 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Nikon MC-DC2 and Nikon D7000"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Is the remote locked 'on'?

My toys: A pair of gripped D600s, gripped D7100, Sigma 8mm circular fisheye, Sigma 15mm full-frame fisheye, Tokina 17/3.5 SL, 17-35 2.8D, 24-85 G, 24-120/4G, 28-200 D, 50/1.8D, 50/1.8G, 50/1.8E, 70-200 2.8 G VRII, 70-300G, 105/2.8D Micro, Tamron 150-600, 500 f/8 Reflex: Sigma 600mm, Celestron 2,000mm: PB-6 bellows, Nikon 1.4 and 1.7x TCs, auto macro tube set: SB600: Manfrotto 055XB/804RC2/390RC2 & 560B-1: Gossen Starlite: Easy-Up AP1500: 40' WonderPole

Visit my website.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

DeanAZ Moderator Expert nature photographer Nikonian since 28th Apr 2007Mon 24-Oct-11 10:57 PM
3707 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Nikon MC-DC2 and Nikon D7000"
In response to Reply # 0

Phoenix, US

Howdy, Kale. Sounds like you have a problem as what you describe is not normal even if it is locked on or you push the button on the remote while plugging it in. When I plug mine in nothing changes on the camera as I believe it is a passive component and not recognized by the camera until you press the button at which time it behaves identically to the built-in shutter button.

Dean
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Nikonians Team Member

Recent Trips: Grand Canyon 2012 Glen Canyon 2012 West Clear Creek

Kale49 Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Tue 25-Oct-11 07:50 PM
56 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Nikon MC-DC2 and Nikon D7000"
In response to Reply # 3
Tue 25-Oct-11 07:50 PM by Kale49

Espoo, FI

Thanks to all for your comments. I´ll visit Nikon Finland and show them both of "the parties"; Body and MC-DC2.

I´ll be back and tell you the diagnosis

Kale S
Espoo, Finland

Kale49 Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Wed 26-Oct-11 05:35 AM
#5. "RE: Nikon MC-DC2 and Nikon D7000"
In response to Reply # 4

Espoo, FI

Funny things happen. This morning I connected again my remote control to the camera body. And guess what, it functioned! No idea what I did wrong earlier.

I must say that I had read of connection problems in some Nikon discussion forums here in Finland. That´s why I thought, really, that it is more generic. Lucky me (and us Nikonians), it is not!

I have been totally satisfied with my D7000 since I bought it in November 2010. My earlier Nikon bodies are D50 and D80.

Kale S
Espoo, Finland

hyphotographer Registered since 19th Mar 2012Sat 16-Feb-13 10:45 PM
137 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "Third Party MC-DC2 from Neewer"
In response to Reply # 0
Sat 16-Feb-13 10:46 PM by hyphotographer

GB

Today, I received a third party MC-DC2 remote shutter release with sliding lock function. It cost £2.44 including shipping from Amazon UK and works really well.

I now happy with it because it can set up a 'Focus Trap' for me to shoot with 'Auto-Firing' in Continuous High-speed Release mode.

No offence to Original Nikon MC-DC2, just wonder how can they sell things for £30 that can be beaten by £2.44 from third party?

Hopefully my switch will serve my D7000 for a long time, with careful use and storage.

Bravozulu Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Jun 2012Sun 17-Feb-13 04:18 AM
761 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Third Party MC-DC2 from Neewer"
In response to Reply # 6

Los Angeles, US

You do know that when using this remote, you do not change the Release Mode dial. That is set to REMOTE when using the IR remote. Instead, you just shoot S, CL or CH, and the switch fires the shutter.

By the way. my MC-DC2 is not from Nikon. It was a $12 imitation from China.

hyphotographer Registered since 19th Mar 2012Sun 17-Feb-13 12:37 PM
137 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "seeking focus"
In response to Reply # 7

GB

If you do not use AF-ON for the AEL / AFL button, you cannot set up a 'focus trap'. This is because whilst shutter release is locked down, the camera will seek focus and shoot non-stop.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #12852 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.