Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #12475
View in linear mode

Subject: "D7000 & tethering with Android" Previous topic | Next topic
Cousin Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Oct 2011Sat 08-Oct-11 11:18 PM
134 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D7000 & tethering with Android"

Kilmore, AU

Hi everyone, first post here and relatively new to photography
Have just upgraged from a D40X to a D7000, and what a huge step up
Only had the D40X for a short time, but long enough to appreciate just how good the D7000 is.
But, one thing that is a step back for me is tethering
Sometimes I have to view a larger image on site, using an Asus Transformer with Android OS
The D40X tethered very easily with this, showing very good pics on the 10" screen.
Not so with the D7000.
This is a substantial step back for me, and I'd love to find a way around this.
Anyone have any idea how I can tether to the Transformer?

Thanks in advance

M

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Cousin Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Oct 2011Tue 11-Oct-11 08:18 AM
134 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D7000 & tethering with Android"
In response to Reply # 0

Kilmore, AU

Anyone have any ideas at all?
Or any suggestions where else I can go asking?

Thanks,

M

luckyphoto Silver Member Nikonian since 27th Dec 2010Tue 11-Oct-11 11:45 AM
743 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D7000 & tethering with Android"
In response to Reply # 1

Port Charlotte, US

Welcome to the Nikonians.

I think the answers will come from the Asus, Android or Transformer forums. The limitation is not in the camera since it successfully tethers with other devices. Software probably has to be developed for the Asus products.

This came up on a quick Google search - no idea of how well it works.

http://nikon-d7000slr.com/chainfire-creates-android-tethered-control-app-for-canon-dslrs/

Larry

"Red is gray and yellow white, but we decide which is right
....and which is an illusion"

Moody Blues - Nights in White Satin

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Cousin Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Oct 2011Tue 11-Oct-11 08:05 PM
#3. "RE: D7000 & tethering with Android"
In response to Reply # 2

Kilmore, AU

Thanks Lucky, I appreciate your help
I don't want to load up my tablet with software, if I can avoid it
I also don't need to control the D7000 from the tablet

With the D40X it's internal software allowed it to be recognised as a hard drive, so you could 'view' pics on pc's, laptops etc, including my Transformer
The D7000 cannot be recognised as a hard drive. It's one of the known differences this camera has (if I'm reading things right)
You have to load up Nikons software for things to work
One I'm not kean on that (Nikon don't have a good reputation for their software) and two it won't load on Android OS anyway

I'm sure someones working on this very problem, and I'm looking for that someone, or thing

Thanks

M

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #12475 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.