Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #12261
View in linear mode

Subject: "$99 L bracket on Ebay" Previous topic | Next topic
ScottsFJ40 Silver Member Nikonian since 11th Sep 2007Tue 27-Sep-11 04:37 AM
275 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"$99 L bracket on Ebay"

Olympia, US

Anyone have any experience with this bracket?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PLNMBD11-Nikon-D7000-DSLR-L-Bracket-Plate-Arca-Swiss-t-/120704884156?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c1a925dbc

I am in the process of getting my new D7000 outfitted to fit in with the rest of my gear, but sadly budget has been a huge issue for me this year. While my income from photography is quite a bit higher than ever before, the recession has our total household income WAY lower than anytime in the last decade, so I am trying to do this as budget conscience as possible.

$99 seems like a much easier route to go than $180+

Scott Wood
www.scottwoodphotography.com
Twitter: Scott_Wood

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: $99 L bracket on Ebay
gbowen Gold Member
27th Sep 2011
jbloom Gold Member
27th Sep 2011
jbloom Gold Member
27th Sep 2011
ScottsFJ40 Silver Member
27th Sep 2011
BassOverflow Silver Member
30th Sep 2011
adcam Gold Member
03rd Oct 2011
ScottsFJ40 Silver Member
05th Oct 2011
LeventEryilmaz
25th Oct 2011

gbowen Gold Member Nikonian since 31st Mar 2011Tue 27-Sep-11 05:33 PM
1111 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: $99 L bracket on Ebay"
In response to Reply # 0

Canton, US

What do you use an L bracket for? Never had one.

George

jbloom Gold Member Awarded for the continuous and generous sharing of his high level expertise and his always encouraging comments in several forums. Nikonian since 15th Jul 2004Tue 27-Sep-11 06:45 PM
6053 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: $99 L bracket on Ebay"
In response to Reply # 1

Wethersfield, US

Quoting from the RRS site:

What is the advantage of the L-plate?

You can change format from landscape to portrait and keep all of the bearing weight directly on top of the tripod, instead of needing to go in to a drop notch as you do with a "conventional plate." This allows the tripod to absorb vibration more efficiently. It saves you the composition time as well. Whenever you go into a drop notch you then have to scoot and raise the tripod to get the rig back where you had it. With the L-plate the camera stays right where it was, saving the time needed for readjustment. Finally, it's quick! Once you're familiar with the gear you can change from landscape to portrait faster than you can say it!

-- Jon
Wethersfield, CT, USA
Connecticut High School Sports Photos

jbloom Gold Member Awarded for the continuous and generous sharing of his high level expertise and his always encouraging comments in several forums. Nikonian since 15th Jul 2004Tue 27-Sep-11 06:43 PM
6053 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: $99 L bracket on Ebay"
In response to Reply # 0

Wethersfield, US

Interesting. If you get one, do let us know how it works out. I already bought the RRS non-MB-D11 L plate; I'd sure like to find a cheaper one to use with the grip.

-- Jon
Wethersfield, CT, USA
Connecticut High School Sports Photos

ScottsFJ40 Silver Member Nikonian since 11th Sep 2007Tue 27-Sep-11 07:23 PM
275 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: $99 L bracket on Ebay"
In response to Reply # 2

Olympia, US

I just pulled the trigger on it. Should be here next week.

Scott Wood

BassOverflow Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Apr 2007Fri 30-Sep-11 08:30 PM
419 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: $99 L bracket on Ebay"
In response to Reply # 0

US

I got one for my D7000 w/o the grip for $80. It's perfect. No need to spend a $100 more.

~Joe in Western NC

My Nikonians Gallery.

adcam Gold Member Nikonian since 31st Dec 2007Mon 03-Oct-11 05:09 PM
585 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: $99 L bracket on Ebay"
In response to Reply # 0

Portland, US

Any feedback on the L-plate? Is it just as good as the RRS one?

ScottsFJ40 Silver Member Nikonian since 11th Sep 2007Wed 05-Oct-11 06:33 AM
#7. "RE: $99 L bracket on Ebay"
In response to Reply # 6

Olympia, US

It arrived yesterday. It fits very well and looks to be a well made item. My only complaint is that it does not have a hoop on the bottom for my hand strap. Small price to pay for saving about $100 on it. I am very pleased with the purchase.

Scott Wood

LeventEryilmaz Registered since 25th Oct 2011Tue 25-Oct-11 07:50 AM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: $99 L bracket on Ebay"
In response to Reply # 7

US

I am using this L bracet for quite a while.

So far no problems at all, well built solid constuction. It is so handy to connect camera in portrait mode, once you get used to it, you don't want to go back.
Levent

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #12261 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.