Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #1218
View in linear mode

Subject: "Adobe announces D7000 NEF support" Previous topic | Next topic
briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003Mon 25-Oct-10 09:49 PM
28321 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Adobe announces D7000 NEF support"

Paignton, GB

Adobe has announced what it calls "Release Candidates" for Camera RAW 6.3 and Lightroom 3.3, which will support the D7000 (as well as the D3100 and the Coolpix P7000).

These are apparently well-tested but not final versions of the software, and can be downloaded from Adobe by existing users at their own risk.

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

sabbey51 Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Jan 2010Tue 26-Oct-10 01:44 AM
480 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Adobe announces D7000 NEF support"
In response to Reply # 0

Saddle river, US

>These are apparently well-tested but not final versions of the
>software, and can be downloaded from Adobe by existing users
>at their own risk.

Just remember that ALL software you install (whether downloaded or from a disk, whether Beta, RC or GA) is at your risk. This is what the license agreement you click through says, and it's also the reality of it. Neither Adobe nor anyone else will do anything much if your new software deletes all of your files.

That being said, I downloaded the LR RC to get the D7000 NEF support. Hasn't scrambled my files yet. And it does, in fact, open the D7000 NEFs.

Sorry if I sound a bit like a negatron ...

DVDMike Silver Member Nikonian since 25th Mar 2003Tue 26-Oct-10 09:18 PM
2184 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Adobe announces D7000 NEF support"
In response to Reply # 1

Metro Atlanta, US

As software goes, I think that this one is a low risk to install the labs version of ACR. You can always go back to the old version if you have to.

If Nikon has not changed the RAW format significantly from prior cameras, I think that even this beta ACR should work well. But I would wait before I destroyed your original NEF files (if you convert them to DNG's or Tiff's or something else).

dankeny Gold Member Nikonian since 29th May 2006Tue 26-Oct-10 10:15 PM
1461 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Adobe announces D7000 NEF support"
In response to Reply # 0

Roland, US

Thanks Brian, I came here hoping for just that very news.

David

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #1218 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.