Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #1167
View in linear mode

Subject: "NIKON - ISO> 64-6400 Comming by 2011?" Previous topic | Next topic
RickyPhotography Registered since 27th Sep 2010Sun 24-Oct-10 08:13 PM
5 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"NIKON - ISO> 64-6400 Comming by 2011?"

San Juan, PR

What do you think, can we expect this surprise in the Professional SLR soon?

Just a thought, not only increasing the resolution by the company help us to get good quality in pixels, I think the ISO also has a lot to do with the quality, I remember using ISO 64 to get grain free pictures, I love those times using VELVIA SLIDES and I'm waiting to get that kind of excellence with Digital, today is good but the more they increase quality in the future, our passion in photography will be more fun!, not a bad idea if they make an ISO 1600 Chip without noise, will be fantastic that time.

I love the future!!!!

Please add your opinions about the future of ISO or ASA.

Thank you for you answers....

RICKYPHOTO, STUDIO

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003Sun 24-Oct-10 09:14 PM
28309 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: NIKON - ISO> 64-6400 Comming by 2011?"
In response to Reply # 0

Paignton, GB

I guess it depends what you mean by "quality"...

I'm guessing really, but I don't think you'd see too much difference in resolution, contrast, dynamic range and colour between today's best DSLR's used at their base ISO setting (whatever that may be) and Velvia 50 or 100. In other words, I wouldn't expect an extension of the ISO capability below 100 to lead to much improvement, in isolation from other developments in CMOS technology and firmware design.

At the other end of the scale, shooting at ISO 1600 without noticeable noise is already possible with the D3s, and the D7000 might be getting there as well.

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #1167 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.