Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #11459
View in linear mode

Subject: "Modeling flash" Previous topic | Next topic
alsacienne Registered since 01st Aug 2011Sat 20-Aug-11 08:39 PM
5 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Modeling flash"

US

Hi, I'm new to anything beyond 'auto' and 'scene' settings though wanting to broaden my horizons a bit.
I want to turn off the modeling flash because it alerts my subjects to the fact that I'm about to take a pic.
I have found the setting to do so. However, it's still flashing a burst of light when I half depress the shutter to focus. Is that normal? How can I fix that?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Gamecocks Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jul 2010Sat 20-Aug-11 10:58 PM
982 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Modeling flash"
In response to Reply # 0
Sat 20-Aug-11 11:13 PM by Gamecocks

Joanna, US

Hi Michele,

Welcome to Nikonians. Modeling flash is triggered if F4 is set to preview. Also, check E4 to make certain it is off; be certain to prompt OK. Good luck.

John

Nobody should seek his own good, but the good of others. <><

DeanAZ Moderator Expert nature photographer Nikonian since 28th Apr 2007Sun 21-Aug-11 12:22 AM
3707 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Modeling flash"
In response to Reply # 0

Phoenix, US

Are you sure that the focus assist light is not what you are seeing?

Dean
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Nikonians Team Member

Recent Trips: Grand Canyon 2012 Glen Canyon 2012 West Clear Creek

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #11459 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.