Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #11194
View in linear mode

Subject: "D7000 Scene modes - settings" Previous topic | Next topic
MartinDBaker Registered since 25th Jul 2011Tue 09-Aug-11 09:11 AM
10 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
"D7000 Scene modes - settings"

Northampton, GB

Hi,

Does anyone have a spreadsheet/PDF etc of the settings that get configured for each of the scene modes on the D7000?

Reason for asking is that I thought I might well learn something by looking at what Nikon think is appropriate & then apply some of those settings (appropriate for the scene I'm shooting) - but in A, S or M modes..

Cheers!

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D7000 Scene modes - settings
luckyphoto Silver Member
10th Aug 2011
SoonerLater
13th Mar 2012
DerekTV85
13th Mar 2012
four eighty sparky Silver Member
13th Mar 2012
joit
04th Jul 2013

luckyphoto Silver Member Nikonian since 27th Dec 2010Wed 10-Aug-11 12:40 PM
743 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D7000 Scene modes - settings"
In response to Reply # 0

Port Charlotte, US

Hi Martin,

Before going to that trouble you might want to shoot in the scene modes for a while and see if you actually like the results first. I've seen mixed reviews.

Also, look at your shooting style. What do you like to photograph and which scene modes are most attractive to you. Concentrate on those modes first. Scene settings apply general rules and may produce results you're not happy with.

Thom Hogan, who's not a huge fan of scene modes, describes manually approximating them in his D7000 Field Guide. If you want to learn a ton about the D7000, that's what you should get. The CD version is about $40 US and well worth it.

Good luck

Larry

"Red is gray and yellow white, but we decide which is right
....and which is an illusion"

Moody Blues - Nights in White Satin

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

SoonerLater Registered since 16th Apr 2011Tue 13-Mar-12 04:15 PM
10 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D7000 Scene modes - settings"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Did you ever find an answer to this?

I too would like to know *all* of the settings that are made by a given "scene mode." My thought is that if I knew them all, then I could start playing around with one little change at a time until I find (perhaps) a combination that I like better for a given situation. I've searched the official user manual and I've done a lot of Googling and searching over at dpreview, but still can't find any documentation of *all* of the scene mode settings. And before anyone is a enough of a smarta~~ to say "just set it to a scene mode and then write it all down" I'm not sure where all to *look* even if were to want to do that. There are lots of settings shown on the Info Screen and on the control panel, but I have no way to tell which variables are set by the "scene mode" and which are not.

DerekTV85 Registered since 12th Feb 2012Tue 13-Mar-12 07:56 PM
320 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D7000 Scene modes - settings"
In response to Reply # 2

Salt Lake City, US

pages 346-358 of Darrell Young's Mastering the Nikon D7000 goes over all the modes and what the settings are.

four eighty sparky Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Apr 2011Tue 13-Mar-12 08:11 PM
1455 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: D7000 Scene modes - settings"
In response to Reply # 2

US

Here ya go:

Excel version:

http://www.filedropper.com/d7000scenemodes_1

PDF version:

http://www.filedropper.com/d7000scenemodes

My toys: A pair of gripped D600s, gripped D7100, Sigma 8mm circular fisheye, Sigma 15mm full-frame fisheye, Tokina 17/3.5 SL, 17-35 2.8D, 24-85 G, 24-120/4G, 28-200 D, 50/1.8D, 50/1.8G, 50/1.8E, 70-200 2.8 G VRII, 70-300G, 105/2.8D Micro, Tamron 150-600, 500 f/8 Reflex: Sigma 600mm, Celestron 2,000mm: PB-6 bellows, Nikon 1.4 and 1.7x TCs, auto macro tube set: SB600: Manfrotto 055XB/804RC2/390RC2 & 560B-1: Gossen Starlite: Easy-Up AP1500: 40' WonderPole

Visit my website.

joit Registered since 04th Jul 2013Thu 04-Jul-13 07:56 AM
4 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: D7000 Scene modes - settings"
In response to Reply # 4

DE

>Here ya go:
>
>Excel version:
>
>http://www.filedropper.com/d7000scenemodes_1
>
>
>
>PDF version:
>
>http://www.filedropper.com/d7000scenemodes
>

four eighty sparky, do you have those files for the d600, too?

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #11194 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.