Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #10980
View in linear mode

Subject: "Scene mode question" Previous topic | Next topic
alanwk Registered since 08th Aug 2006Sun 24-Jul-11 01:38 AM
220 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Scene mode question"

Oklahoma City, US

When I set the dial to scene mode and spin the command dial nothing shows up on the rear screen. I have to turn live view on to get anything to show. Am I doing something wrong?

Best Regards, Alan

A Texas Nikonian in Oklahoma

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Scene mode question
me_two Silver Member
24th Jul 2011
kentak Silver Member
25th Jul 2011
BulliTT597
30th Jul 2011
Len Shepherd Gold Member
31st Jul 2011
Lopaka
02nd Aug 2011

me_two Silver Member Nikonian since 31st Oct 2004Sun 24-Jul-11 02:00 AM
30 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Scene mode question"
In response to Reply # 0
Sun 24-Jul-11 02:08 AM by me_two

Brisbane, AU

In Live view use the main comand dail(back) not the sub dail(front)
Sorry read the question wrong
with out live view You press the release button halfway the backscreen lights up and You can adjust the mode.

Cheers
Mark

kentak Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Jul 2010Mon 25-Jul-11 02:33 AM
918 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Scene mode question"
In response to Reply # 1

US

Or, you can just push the info button on the back and then turn the command dial to select the scene mode. Avoids the chance of inadvertent release than a half press, but either works.

Kent

BulliTT597 Registered since 27th Jul 2011Sat 30-Jul-11 12:46 AM
8 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Scene mode question"
In response to Reply # 0

US

I see what you saying, are you spinning the front or back dial, because yes the screen is supposed to light up for a second or two, or until you push halfway on release button, i just retested mine to see if i could duplicate you problem and as long as you spin the back controller, the live view should show what scene selection, as long as scene selection is set, assuming but double check, good luck hope this helped

Len Shepherd Gold Member Nikonian since 09th Mar 2003Sun 31-Jul-11 04:55 PM
12722 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Scene mode question"
In response to Reply # 0

Yorkshire, GB

Are you turning the rear command dial two clicks?
With the camera in scene mode the first click displays the information screen.
The second click brings up the scene mode screen.
Each further click changes the screen mode options one step.

Photography is a bit like archery. A technically better camera, lens or arrow may not hit the target as often as it could if the photographer or archer does not practice enough.

Len Shepherd

Lopaka Basic MemberTue 02-Aug-11 06:49 PM
47 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Scene mode question"
In response to Reply # 4

Is there any way to extend the time the chosen Scene Modes are displayed on the rear monitor? On my D7000 they only flash on the screen for 1 second after selection, before the information screen takes it's place.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #10980 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.