Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #1094
View in linear mode

Subject: "Something I love about D7000" Previous topic | Next topic
dankeny Gold Member Nikonian since 29th May 2006Thu 21-Oct-10 10:35 PM
1464 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Something I love about D7000"

Roland, US

Well who'd a thunk it. Liveview really rocks. I've never even used it on D300 or D700. What I like best about it is that when shooting video, you can just shoot a still any time by pressing the shutter release. I know, I know don't get all gee wiz ...

David

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Something I love about D7000
intrepidnz
22nd Oct 2010
sabbey51 Silver Member
22nd Oct 2010
jdbimages
23rd Oct 2010
Warpdrv
26th Oct 2010
sonvan2010
27th Oct 2010

intrepidnz Registered since 18th Nov 2004Fri 22-Oct-10 12:45 AM
233 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Something I love about D7000"
In response to Reply # 0

NZ

Oooh, I like that idea!!

Must try it when I get mine!!

Might need a bigger hard drive too...

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

sabbey51 Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Jan 2010Fri 22-Oct-10 08:50 PM
483 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Something I love about D7000"
In response to Reply # 1

Saddle river, US

>Oooh, I like that idea!!
>
>Must try it when I get mine!!
>
>Might need a bigger hard drive too...
>

Live View does indeed rock. My late D80, of course, didn't have it.

For video, it's miles easier than holding the camera plastered to your face.

For still, all the framing of really short people (like children) is again much easier.

And that doesn't even begin to exhaust the possibilities.

jdbimages Registered since 17th Aug 2008Sat 23-Oct-10 11:29 PM
30 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Something I love about D7000"
In response to Reply # 2

Port Chester, US

I also love live view. I was out shooting with my D7000 (thanks Best Buy) today and both for video and stills it was easy to use.

jdb

Warpdrv Registered since 24th Oct 2010Tue 26-Oct-10 01:56 PM
7 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Something I love about D7000"
In response to Reply # 3

US

As much as I like the live view, I haven't used it for video yet, but for still shots it seemed to throw off the auto focus and I don't get very good shots with it at all...

Unless of coarse I'm doing something wrong here.... this is my first dslr....

With my cheaper point and shoots I never had any problems with shooting off the screen...

sonvan2010 Registered since 27th Oct 2010Wed 27-Oct-10 05:43 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Something I love about D7000"
In response to Reply # 4

US

I would love to get it. Does anyone know where I can get a hold of the body only? or even a kit

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #1094 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.