Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #10791
View in linear mode

Subject: "What am I doing wrong with my D7K" Previous topic | Next topic
yelcab Registered since 30th Nov 2006Mon 11-Jul-11 04:38 PM
911 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"What am I doing wrong with my D7K"

San carlos, US

I have 2 issues:

1. The battery that is used first is always the one in the camera and it does not matter what I select in the menu.

2. Even in JPEG, I can only shoot short burst before the camera locks up and I have to wait 30 seconds or longer for the buffer to clear.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

four eighty sparky Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Apr 2011Mon 11-Jul-11 05:43 PM
1455 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: What am I doing wrong with my D7K"
In response to Reply # 0

US

1. Do you have the MD-D11 attached, with a second battery in it?

2. What class of SD card are you using, and what is it's write speed?

My toys: A pair of gripped D600s, gripped D7100, Sigma 8mm circular fisheye, Sigma 15mm full-frame fisheye, Tokina 17/3.5 SL, 17-35 2.8D, 24-85 G, 24-120/4G, 28-200 D, 50/1.8D, 50/1.8G, 50/1.8E, 70-200 2.8 G VRII, 70-300G, 105/2.8D Micro, Tamron 150-600, 500 f/8 Reflex: Sigma 600mm, Celestron 2,000mm: PB-6 bellows, Nikon 1.4 and 1.7x TCs, auto macro tube set: SB600: Manfrotto 055XB/804RC2/390RC2 & 560B-1: Gossen Starlite: Easy-Up AP1500: 40' WonderPole

Visit my website.

yelcab Registered since 30th Nov 2006Mon 11-Jul-11 06:12 PM
911 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: What am I doing wrong with my D7K"
In response to Reply # 1

San carlos, US

Yes, I do have a MB-D11 with a Nikon battery attached to it. This maybe a defective camera and needs to go back.

I do not know the write speed for the SD Card. But, it is a little strange in that I would start shooting and have no problem, and then later on the write problem would show up. This maybe an SD card problem, but also a buffer problem. I think I need to stop shooting bursts with the D7000. I never did have that problem with my D200 and the grip.

Pocobear Registered since 09th Apr 2011Tue 12-Jul-11 02:53 AM
86 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: What am I doing wrong with my D7K"
In response to Reply # 0

Mechanicsville, US

1. - When you select D14 and then select "Use MB-D11..." be sure
you push the "OK" button before you leave that page or it won't
change the settings.

2. - Check this thread for info on Buffer and Card speed:

http://www.nikonians.org/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=329&topic_id=4469&mesg_id=4469&page=

You don't take a photograph, you make it. -
Ansel Adams

The negative is the equivalent of the composer's score, and the print the performance. -
Ansel Adams

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #10791 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.