Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #10661
View in linear mode

Subject: "Request for a sample geotagged image" Previous topic | Next topic
pwarbeck Silver Member Nikonian since 25th May 2009Thu 07-Jul-11 12:09 AM
246 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Request for a sample geotagged image"
Thu 07-Jul-11 12:09 AM by pwarbeck

Tucson AZ, US

Does anyone have gallery images that have been geotagged using a GPS receiver? If so, can you point me to one? I'd like to see how ViewNX2 handles geotagged images. I have downloaded a few gallery images at random, but have been unlucky so far in finding any with geotags.

In addition, would you please mention the GPS device you used? I'm considering the Solmeta U-geotagger N2 (in the Nikonians shop) for my D7000 because it also gives heading information. Thanks!

Visit my gallery on 23hq

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

RRRoger Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his long history of demonstrated excellence and helping other members with equipment, technique and DSLR video in the true Nikonians spirit. Charter MemberThu 07-Jul-11 03:22 AM
3087 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Request for a sample geotagged image"
In response to Reply # 0

Monterey Bay, US

Here is one. Same sensor as my D7000 but I use the D5100 for hiking and trips.

I am using a Phottix GPS with pass thru port for wired remote.
I can also use my YongNuo ML-3A wireless with it.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

pwarbeck Silver Member Nikonian since 25th May 2009Thu 07-Jul-11 03:46 AM
246 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Request for a sample geotagged image"
In response to Reply # 1

Tucson AZ, US

Thanks, Roger. That's exactly what I wanted. I opened up your photo in View NX2 and clicked the GeoTag button to see the location on the map. It's a very nice feature (and a very nice photo, too).

Visit my gallery on 23hq

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #10661 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.