Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #10436
View in linear mode

Subject: "Firmware upgrade" Previous topic | Next topic
jmespo Registered since 20th Dec 2006Fri 24-Jun-11 07:35 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Firmware upgrade"

US

I just got my D7K back in May and love it better than my D70S. I noticed that Nikon had realead an upgrade to the firmware in April which my camera does not have. Now the instructions seem very easy, and I am somewhat of a geek, but when it comes to upgrade that can make my toy a brick in seconds I am not sure I want to tackle it. What has been the experience of the group to upgrading Nikon firmware, wither with the D7K or others? Is it as easy as it sounds, once you start the process does it take minutes or hours for the firmware to be upgraded? Have a bunch of photo shoots the next two weeks so it would be the middle of July before I try it.

Thanks for the assistance and glad to be a member of this site
John

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

four eighty sparky Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Apr 2011Fri 24-Jun-11 07:51 PM
1455 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Firmware upgrade"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri 24-Jun-11 07:53 PM by four eighty sparky

US

It's pretty simple. If you're a compu-geek, it'll take less than a minute once you download it. If not, maybe 3-4 minutes.

You can find everything out by going to:

http://support.nikonusa.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17327/~/d7000-firmware%3A-a%3A1.02,-b%3A1.02

Step-by-step (all 8 of them) instructions are near the bottom of the page.

My toys: A pair of gripped D600s, gripped D7100, Sigma 8mm circular fisheye, Sigma 15mm full-frame fisheye, Tokina 17/3.5 SL, 17-35 2.8D, 24-85 G, 24-120/4G, 28-200 D, 50/1.8D, 50/1.8G, 50/1.8E, 70-200 2.8 G VRII, 70-300G, 105/2.8D Micro, Tamron 150-600, 500 f/8 Reflex: Sigma 600mm, Celestron 2,000mm: PB-6 bellows, Nikon 1.4 and 1.7x TCs, auto macro tube set: SB600: Manfrotto 055XB/804RC2/390RC2 & 560B-1: Gossen Starlite: Easy-Up AP1500: 40' WonderPole

Visit my website.

briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003Fri 24-Jun-11 08:03 PM
28760 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Firmware upgrade"
In response to Reply # 0

Paignton, GB

It's not a complicated process, and just takes a minute or two.

Maybe 90% of the update problems reported at Nikonians (and elsewhere) are down to not following the instructions exactly - just be careful and it should be fine

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

MountAiryD7000 Registered since 19th Jun 2011Sat 25-Jun-11 09:55 PM
9 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Firmware upgrade"
In response to Reply # 2

US

I'm not a great computer geek, but I was able to update in about 5 mins. As Brian says, just follow the instructions exactly as written.

D7000 Novice

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #10436 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.