Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #10309
View in linear mode

Subject: "Does Firmware 1.02 include 1.01 as well?" Previous topic | Next topic
jsfoster Registered since 19th Apr 2011Sun 19-Jun-11 01:34 AM
33 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Does Firmware 1.02 include 1.01 as well?"

US

I just updated my D7000 today with 1.02. But, while checking my firmware before the installation, I noted that it only had 1.00 not 1.01 firmware version. Do i need to install 1.01, or is it included in 1.02?
Thanks

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community Nikonian since 12th Sep 2006Sun 19-Jun-11 02:54 AM
11280 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Does Firmware 1.02 include 1.01 as well?"
In response to Reply # 0

Lowden, US

No you do not need to install 1.01. All prior updates are included in the most recent firmware version.

Dave Summers
Lowden, Iowa
Nikonians Photo Contest Director

Nikonians membership -
"My most important photographic investment, after the camera"

My Nikonians Gallery | SummersPhotoGraphic.com | My Crated Gallery
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Showcase your best work in any of our 7 Monthly Nikonians Photo contests.

Wildlife | Landscape | Macro | Sports | Travel | Online Assignments | Best of Nikonians 2014

jsfoster Registered since 19th Apr 2011Sun 19-Jun-11 07:41 PM
33 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Does Firmware 1.02 include 1.01 as well?"
In response to Reply # 1

US

Thanks so much, that is the way with computer updates, etc, but all of a sudden i thought that it might be different here, after not finding any info while reading....
Jon

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Sun 19-Jun-11 09:36 PM
6739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Does Firmware 1.02 include 1.01 as well?"
In response to Reply # 2
Sun 19-Jun-11 09:43 PM by gkaiseril

Chicago, US

If it is different Nikon will explain that in the instructions for updating the firmware. For a real life example see D40 A: 1.12 firmware upgrade:

"•This service provides software for upgrading D40 A firmware to Ver. 1.12. If this latest firmware version is already installed in your camera, you need not proceed with download or installation of this Firmware Upgrade. Current firmware versions can be verified from the Firmware version item in the camera's setup menu.

"•The camera’s B firmware must be Ver. 1.11 to upgrade A firmware to Ver. 1.12. Be aware that proper operation of your D40 is not guaranteed with the combination of A firmware Ver. 1.12 and B firmware Ver. 1.00 or Ver. 1.10.

"•Be sure to read the sections below before upgrading the firmware."

This may have more to do with a change to the update loader subroutine.

Like the woodworking shows sate:
"Read, understand, and follow all safety instructions prior to use."

George
My Nikonian Galleries

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #10309 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.