Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #10200
View in linear mode

Subject: "Why use Live View" Previous topic | Next topic
jmiguez Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Oct 2010Tue 14-Jun-11 11:35 AM
465 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Why use Live View"

Lafayette, US

There is a thread currently running about certain lenses not auto-focusing correctly while in Live View. I have rarely ever used Live View.

Other than using it to take a shot over a crowd or in some position where you can't hold the camera to you eye or maybe video, I can't think of why someone would want to use Live View. I find that I can see so much better through the view finder.

Am I missing something? I ask this question out of ignorance. What are the benefits of using the Live View mode?

John

My Pictures may be seen here: http://jmiguez.smugmug.com/

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Why use Live View
briantilley Moderator
14th Jun 2011
TakeTwo Silver Member
14th Jun 2011
jimmills Silver Member
14th Jun 2011
GroovyGeek
17th Jul 2011
gkaiseril Gold Member
14th Jun 2011
blw Moderator
14th Jun 2011
jmiguez Silver Member
15th Jun 2011
GCDawn
15th Jun 2011
ld_cleveland Silver Member
20th Jun 2011
Reply message RE:This gives me an opportunity to correct some earlier...
Len Shepherd Gold Member
15th Jun 2011
Reply message RE:This gives me an opportunity to correct some earlier...
pieterv10
11th Jan 2012
ShaneR
15th Jun 2011
beemerman2k Silver Member
16th Jun 2011
schrodinger_I Silver Member
21st Jun 2011
Melio
21st Jun 2011
ericbowles Moderator
22nd Jun 2011
km6xz Moderator
22nd Jun 2011
ericbowles Moderator
22nd Jun 2011
mjhach Silver Member
07th Jan 2012
Vlad_IT Silver Member
07th Jan 2012
rbsandor Gold Member
13th Jan 2012
nailgirl
13th Jan 2012
J_Harris Silver Member
13th Jan 2012
rbsandor Gold Member
13th Jan 2012
ericbowles Moderator
13th Jan 2012
pieterv10
10th Jan 2012
elec164 Silver Member
13th Jan 2012
pieterv10
13th Jan 2012
elec164 Silver Member
13th Jan 2012
victoria_photoguy Gold Member
14th Jan 2012

briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003Tue 14-Jun-11 11:57 AM
28674 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Why use Live View"
In response to Reply # 0

Paignton, GB

I find Live View very useful for tripod work - particularly macro and close-up. The ability to zoom in and check that you're focused precisely on the desired part of the subject is invaluable

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

TakeTwo Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Jul 2009Tue 14-Jun-11 01:41 PM
214 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Why use Live View"
In response to Reply # 1
Tue 14-Jun-11 01:42 PM by TakeTwo

South Lake Tahoe, US

John, There are other very good reasons to use live view. Evening shots allow you to compose your shots a lot easier. If I was to look through the view finder it would be very close to black.

During daytime photography while shooting pictures of waterfalls. If you want that silky smooth flow of the water you need long exposure. During the day you need nd filters. I use an 8 stop filter (ndx400) and it is so dark that it almost looks like looking Thur the view finder with the lens cap on. But if you put live view on you can see your subject almost perfect. And yes I
could remove the filter and set up the shot that way too.

In evening shots the live view works best with fast lens. Ones that can open up to 1.4 or 2.8. If you were to stop a lens down to f16 and turn live view on you would find no benefit in using live view versus looking through the view finder.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

jimmills Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Dec 2010Tue 14-Jun-11 02:38 PM
119 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Why use Live View"
In response to Reply # 2

Fort Walton Beach, FL, US

At my age and creakiness, I find live view with an articulating LCD to be quite helpful when doing macro shots. It just isn't as much fun to lay on my belly straining to see through the viewfinder watching a bug crawl around on the ground.

Jim

GroovyGeek Registered since 17th Jul 2011Sun 17-Jul-11 01:01 AM
84 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#17. "RE: Why use Live View"
In response to Reply # 2

Portland, US

LV is extremely useful for landscape photography in general, but particularly for somewhat awkward positions. Another advantage is the ability to critically review DOF and/or tweak MF.

>During daytime photography while shooting pictures of
>waterfalls. If you want that silky smooth flow of the water
>you need long exposure. During the day you need nd filters.

Does LV on the D7k respond dynamically to aperture and shutter speed adjustments? On the D90 it seems that exposure is set at the time you activate LV and further manipulation of the exposure is not reflected until you re-start LV. This is one of the reasons why I am thinking of upgrading from the D90.

>I use an 8 stop filter (ndx400) and it is so dark that it almost
>looks like looking Thur the view finder with the lens cap on.
>But if you put live view on you can see your subject almost
>perfect. And yes I
>could remove the filter and set up the shot that way too.

Interesting. I would have never guessed this to be the case. Not having to remove the filter to compose is one of the reasons I switched to Lee and the Big Stopper.

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Tue 14-Jun-11 04:14 PM
6739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Why use Live View"
In response to Reply # 0

Chicago, US

It is helpful anytime the viewfinder can not be seen or is the view provided is too small and you want a larger view of the scene before taking the shot.

There are times when I would also like a long lived notebook in the field for tethered shooting. Think about it being 6 foot away from a tripod mounted camera and being able to see the scene before or shortly after shooting. With WiFi you could be about 1,500 feet away.

George
My Nikonian Galleries

blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas Nikonian since 18th Jun 2004Tue 14-Jun-11 05:39 PM
26546 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#5. "RE: Why use Live View"
In response to Reply # 0

Richmond, US

Particularly on a DX body, if you have to manually focus, LiveView is an immense advantage. It shows you what the pixels are going to record, not what the mirror + focusing screen + pentaprism + eyepiece simulates what they will record. There are a lot of parts in that latter path, and they have inherent errors. With AF, of course, you don't care. If you are the one making the focusing decision, you will find that macro and especially long telephoto shots are VERY hard to get focused correctly through the optical system, particularly on DX. (FX is better, but far from perfect.)

_____
Brian... a bicoastal Nikonian and Team Member

My gallery is online. Comments and critique welcomed any time!

jmiguez Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Oct 2010Wed 15-Jun-11 12:13 AM
465 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Why use Live View"
In response to Reply # 5

Lafayette, US

Thank you to al who replied. I found you answers to be quite informative. My experience with Live View has mostly been in the bright daylight where I found it to be rather useless.

Your points give me a different light.

John

My Pictures may be seen here: http://jmiguez.smugmug.com/

GCDawn Registered since 18th Dec 2010Wed 15-Jun-11 07:10 AM
64 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Why use Live View"
In response to Reply # 5

Gold Coast, AU

I find that when doing tripod work using manual focus I want to go to Live View, zoom in and focus, then exit Live View before using the remote release on Mirror Up. In Live View there are a whole lot of mirror movements otherwise. I don't know why the D7000 wouldn't just leave the mirror up and release the shutter, but it doesn't. Anybody know why this is so?

Thanks for the thread and all the comments, so interesting and useful

Dawn.

ld_cleveland Silver Member Nikonian since 20th Jan 2011Mon 20-Jun-11 09:23 PM
65 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "RE: Why use Live View"
In response to Reply # 8

Portland, US

You can can stay in Live View and use a ML-L3 remote control to raise and release the shutter. Page 80 and 81 of the manual details this procedure. The only thing the manual does not tell you is that this procedure will work in Live View.

Len Shepherd Gold Member Nikonian since 09th Mar 2003Wed 15-Jun-11 06:58 AM
12722 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE:This gives me an opportunity to correct some earlier posts"
In response to Reply # 0

Yorkshire, GB

Using Live View stops down the aperture to the one used for taking the picture.
You can use it to check the depth of field you are likely to get without the problem of the viewfinder going dark at small apertures, and at a much larger image size than looking through the viewfinder.
What you cannot do, except on the D3s, is easily compare depth of field at different apertures without switching off Live View, changing the aperture and switching Live View on again. This is a nuisance - but not an "end of world" issue.
You can also zoom in on Live View to check if focus is exactly where you want it to be.
I agree the viewfinder is normally quicker and more convenient, but for some special applications Live View has advantages.

Photography is a bit like archery. A technically better camera, lens or arrow may not hit the target as often as it could if the photographer or archer does not practice enough.

Len Shepherd

pieterv10 Registered since 09th Jan 2012Wed 11-Jan-12 07:31 PM
49 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#21. "RE:This gives me an opportunity to correct some earlier posts"
In response to Reply # 7

GB

>Using Live View stops down the aperture to the one used for
>taking the picture.
>You can use it to check the depth of field you are likely to
>get without the problem of the viewfinder going dark at small
>apertures, and at a much larger image size than looking
>through the viewfinder.

Thanks for that, never realised that that is the case.

ShaneR Registered since 13th Oct 2007Wed 15-Jun-11 02:20 PM
160 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: Why use Live View"
In response to Reply # 0

CA

You know, this was a great question that I didn't know I had.

I've largely ignored Live View on my D7000, but now I see that it does have its uses and features I didn't know about.

------------------------------
If my photos are good, it's my talent; if my photos are bad, it's the stupid camera

Visit my photoblog.

View my Flickr Photostream.

beemerman2k Silver Member Nikonian since 27th Mar 2006Thu 16-Jun-11 08:40 PM
340 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: Why use Live View"
In response to Reply # 9

Ellington, US

>You know, this was a great question that I didn't know I
>had.
>
>I've largely ignored Live View on my D7000, but now I see that
>it does have its uses and features I didn't know about.
>
>

Me too. I fired up LiveView when I first got my D7000 back in December of '10 just to make sure it worked, but I haven't used it since. What do you know, I can even see how it will serve my needs now.

Beemerman2k
2000 BMW R1100RT Motorcycle
Nikon D7100
Nikon D70s w/ SB600
Nikon N70 w/ SB28

Visit
My photo gallery.

schrodinger_I Silver Member Nikonian since 06th Sep 2010Tue 21-Jun-11 06:13 AM
12 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#12. "RE: Why use Live View"
In response to Reply # 0

US

>There is a thread currently running about certain lenses not
>auto-focusing correctly while in Live View. I have rarely ever
>used Live View.
>
>Other than using it to take a shot over a crowd or in some
>position where you can't hold the camera to you eye or maybe
>video, I can't think of why someone would want to use Live
>View. I find that I can see so much better through the view
>finder.
>
>Am I missing something? I ask this question out of ignorance.
>What are the benefits of using the Live View mode?

I use Live View when the D7K is mounted on my Meade telescope. I then trigger the camera using the IR remote. It allows me to focus the telescope because you can't use the telescope's eyepiece to do it. (Camera mount and eyepiece are two different optical paths)

Melio Registered since 09th Jun 2011Tue 21-Jun-11 02:21 PM
22 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#13. "RE: Why use Live View"
In response to Reply # 12

US

Very interesting thread. I had a hard time at first getting used to using the viewfinder after having point and shoot digitals and used live view all the time, but then I got my D40 and got so used to using the viewfinder that I didn't really think twice about using it when I got the D7000. I tried out the movie mode which was quite fun, but I may have to use live view more often now.

Visit my Nikonians Gallery

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Wed 22-Jun-11 02:20 PM
8472 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#14. "RE: Why use Live View"
In response to Reply # 0

Atlanta, US

One more idea about Live View. You can use it to set white balance - particularly with problem colors like purples and shades of pink or with skin tones in difficult conditions. Just turn on Live View and adjust White Balance to suit.

I used this feature just a week ago at the Georgia Aquarium. The blue water/background and unknown lighting made WB difficult.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009Wed 22-Jun-11 03:09 PM
3292 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#15. "RE: Why use Live View"
In response to Reply # 14

St Petersburg, RU

Thanks Eric, I never thought of that, great suggestion.
Stan
St Petersburg Russia

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Wed 22-Jun-11 06:00 PM
8472 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#16. "RE: Why use Live View"
In response to Reply # 15

Atlanta, US

Stan - I can't take all the credit. Scott Chapin showed it to me. He used it photographing marching bands with purple uniforms and showed it to me while photographing orchids.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

mjhach Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Dec 2010Sat 07-Jan-12 10:10 AM
489 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#18. "RE: Why use Live View"
In response to Reply # 16

Simcoe, CA

This would be OK so long as the LCD is in calibration, as you would ensure with a computer monitor, using say, Spyder Pro, etc, when doing PP. Does anyone have/use camera LV screen calibration equipment?

Vlad_IT Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Sep 2011Sat 07-Jan-12 01:44 PM
1023 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#19. "RE: Why use Live View"

US

>One more idea about Live View. You can use it to set white
>balance - particularly with problem colors like purples and
>shades of pink or with skin tones in difficult conditions.
>Just turn on Live View and adjust White Balance to suit.
>
>I used this feature just a week ago at the Georgia Aquarium.
>The blue water/background and unknown lighting made WB
>difficult.
>

Eric, Thanks. It's just an awesome suggestion!

Best regards,
Vlad

rbsandor Gold Member Nikonian since 29th Aug 2007Fri 13-Jan-12 12:07 AM
1405 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#22. "RE: Why use Live View"

Denver, US

Eric: would you please expound on using Live View to adjust White Balance. There's no mention of such a function in the manual. When I turn on Live View and hold in the WB button, Pre appears in the LCD. At that point, the only option appears to be one of taking a pic of a neutral object. Am I missing something? Thanks, Richard

nailgirl Registered since 02nd Jan 2012Fri 13-Jan-12 04:49 AM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#23. "RE: Why use Live View"
In response to Reply # 22
Fri 13-Jan-12 04:49 AM by nailgirl

US

these are great tips that i wouldn't have thought of! thanks!!

J_Harris Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Mar 2011Fri 13-Jan-12 12:10 PM
664 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#24. "RE: Why use Live View"
In response to Reply # 22
Fri 13-Jan-12 05:37 PM by J_Harris

US

>Eric: would you please expound on using Live View to adjust
>White Balance. There's no mention of such a function in the
>manual. When I turn on Live View and hold in the WB button,
>Pre appears in the LCD. At that point, the only option appears
>to be one of taking a pic of a neutral object. Am I missing
>something? Thanks, Richard

I'm not Eric, but maybe I can help until he comes by.

Look in the manual under "The WB Button" on page 120.

First enable "live view". Then while pressing the WB button, rotate the sub-command dial either right or left to change the amber/blue (A/B) white balance horizontal axis. You can see the changing A/B numbers on the top "contol panel" only. As the adjustments are being made you can see the "real time" WB color shifts in the "Live View" monitor.

Using the WB button and sub-command dial in "live View" will only change the amber and blue (A/B) white balance horizontal axis numbers. If you want to do greater detailed/finer adjustments using more than the horizontal adjustments and the green and magenta colors too, you must use the "multi selector" method. This can not be done in "live view", see "Fine-Tuning White Balance" starting on page 119.

I hope my description isn't too confusing, but the "WB" button and "Live View" do work together if all you want to adjust is the amber and blue WB horizontal axis adjustments.

P.S. Richard, I just noticed your equipment profile shows you are using a D700, do you also own a D7000? My information above is based on the D7000.

rbsandor Gold Member Nikonian since 29th Aug 2007Fri 13-Jan-12 02:42 PM
1405 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#26. "RE: Why use Live View"
In response to Reply # 24

Denver, US

Jerry: many thanks for the detailed reply. My mistake was to not go beyond the index listing of pp.. 112-117 for White Balance. I further complicated it by being in Pre, where the fine tuning option is not available. Yes. I have a D7000 as well and will do an update. Thanks again, Richard

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Fri 13-Jan-12 03:26 PM
#27. "RE: Why use Live View"
In response to Reply # 24

Atlanta, US

I think John explained it pretty well. The most obvious approach is moving between the preset white balance options. If you are photographing a pink flower with shady conditions white balance can be tough - even more so with reflected light. By activating Live View you can use the button on the camera and scroll between different white balance choices to find one that is pretty close.

This does not make a huge difference unless you are trying to get it right in-camera or using a software program that reads the white balance like the Nikon View and Capture programs.

But white balance can affect the image you see in the LCD, and can impact exposure, so getting close can be a big help.

I find that reds, pinks, and purples are particularly problematic. In some circumstances with lots of reflected light, greens and yellows can be tough. This is just a quick and dirty way to set white balance.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

pieterv10 Registered since 09th Jan 2012Tue 10-Jan-12 01:44 PM
49 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#20. "RE: Why use Live View"
In response to Reply # 0

GB

I thought the back focussing issue only occurs (if at all) when using normal autofocus, not live view?

I have used a comparison of live view and autoficus to calibrate a lens/camera combo. There was a difference to start with, and playing around with the calibration I could get the normal autofucs to attain the same sharpness as life view pics. So, I am a bit confused now?

Pieter

elec164 Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Jan 2009Fri 13-Jan-12 02:20 PM
1966 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#25. "RE: Why use Live View"
In response to Reply # 20

US

>I thought the back focussing issue only occurs (if at all)
>when using normal autofocus, not live view?
>
>So, I am a bit confused now?

I’m not sure what exactly this is in reference to, but have a feeling it’s in response to post #7 where Len states “You can also zoom in on Live View to check if focus is exactly where you want it to be”.

That statement could refer to back/front focus issue, but not necessarily exclusively.

I believe what he meant by that is the AF system has no idea what your main subject and intended focus plane is. The AF sensing area could encompass elements which are at different depths in the image field. The AF system has no idea which one of these is your intended target, and will generally choose the area of greater contrast which may or may not be your intended focus point. Generally the DOF in most circumstances will cover any slight miss focus. But when the DOF is very small (as in macro photography in general) any slight miss focus will become blaringly apparent (even with live view AF). A way of checking to see where the AF system decided to stop is by using live view and zooming into the area of interest to make sure it chose what you wanted. That is also why with macro photography in general, people will use manual focus not AF.

Hope this helps.

Pete

pieterv10 Registered since 09th Jan 2012Fri 13-Jan-12 03:37 PM
#28. "RE: Why use Live View"
In response to Reply # 25
Fri 13-Jan-12 07:27 PM by briantilley

GB

Hi Pete,

My post was in reference to the OP taking this to refer to the much discussed back focussing issue (real or imagined), I now realise it wasn't but referred to general focus issues in life view.

So, sorry for the confusion, and thanks for your clarification.

Pieter

elec164 Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Jan 2009Fri 13-Jan-12 05:57 PM
1966 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#29. "RE: Why use Live View"
In response to Reply # 28

US

>My post was in reference to the OP taking this to refer to the
>much discussed back focussing issue (real or imagined), I now
>realise it wasn't but referred to general focus issues in life
>view.

Ahhhh!!! OK, I see now. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Yeah, I think John was referring to threads where third party lenses did not AF with Live View and it was generally determined that they needed re-chipping to function properly with Live View AF. Which was ancillary really and more of a segue to his main question which had nothing to do with the AF issue of the other threads. Just a curiosity of why people would use Live View.

In general I don’t use Live View, but have done so when the occasion arises and calls for it.

Pete

victoria_photoguy Gold Member Nikonian since 03rd May 2010Sat 14-Jan-12 04:06 PM
34 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#30. "RE: Why use Live View"
In response to Reply # 29

Victoria, CA

The question I too wondered but never asked or explored! Thanks for this question and incredibly informative answers. This is why I love this forum.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #10200 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.