Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Plug-ins: Nik, Imagenomic & Others (Public) topic #950
View in linear mode

Subject: "Nik Download by Google" Previous topic | Next topic
BillS52 Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Apr 2011Tue 26-Mar-13 02:36 AM
187 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Nik Download by Google"

US

I just downloaded the Nik Package from Google.

Has anybody tried it? Do I have un-install my existing Nik Plug Ins?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Nik Download by Google
stappy Gold Member
26th Mar 2013
BillS52 Silver Member
26th Mar 2013
BillS52 Silver Member
26th Mar 2013
Randall Silver Member
26th Mar 2013
stappy Gold Member
26th Mar 2013
Randall Silver Member
27th Mar 2013
stappy Gold Member
27th Mar 2013
pandersen
31st Mar 2013

stappy Gold Member Nikonian since 06th Aug 2009Tue 26-Mar-13 02:43 AM
225 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Nik Download by Google"
In response to Reply # 0

Alexandria, US

The package will uninstall any previous versions when you run it. Check to make sure the package has an exe extension. It has since been fixed but early downloads did not have the extension and had to be renamed before they could be run.

Brian

BillS52 Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Apr 2011Tue 26-Mar-13 10:50 AM
187 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Nik Download by Google"
In response to Reply # 1

US

Thanks.
This very cool.
The complete NIK package....

BillS52 Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Apr 2011Tue 26-Mar-13 11:30 AM
#3. "RE: Nik Download by Google"
In response to Reply # 2

US

You were right, my copy did not have the .EXE extension.

So I right-clicked the file / Rename it and added the .EXE extension ....and it worked.

Randall Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Jan 2005Tue 26-Mar-13 11:24 PM
32 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Nik Download by Google"
In response to Reply # 3

Lake Zurich, US

Ok, I have tried to add .exe to the downloaded file. Now it is called NikCollection-1.exe, and it still will not run. Btw the - is an underline space not a dash. I just realized I do not have one on my iPad. Any ideas about how I am goofingnitmup?

stappy Gold Member Nikonian since 06th Aug 2009Tue 26-Mar-13 11:39 PM
225 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Nik Download by Google"
In response to Reply # 4

Alexandria, US

When you changed it to an exe, did the file icon change to a multicolored hexagon with a down arrow in the middle? If not, then it still doesn't think it is an exe file.

When downloaded the full filename that comes down is NikCollection_1.007_22671_win_full.exe

Right click on the file and select "Properties". What does it say for "Type of file" ?

Brian

Randall Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Jan 2005Wed 27-Mar-13 12:31 AM
32 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Nik Download by Google"
In response to Reply # 5

Lake Zurich, US

Well, I solved things in a round about way. I downloaded Chrome from google, then downloaded the file from Nik google. Everything was as it should be and now I have added sharpener, define, viveza ,and HDR to my nik collection.

stappy Gold Member Nikonian since 06th Aug 2009Wed 27-Mar-13 12:48 AM
#7. "RE: Nik Download by Google"
In response to Reply # 6

Alexandria, US

>I downloaded Chrome from google ...

Your assimilation is nearly complete.

Brian

pandersen Registered since 10th Jan 2008Sun 31-Mar-13 07:26 PM
93 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Nik Download by Google"
In response to Reply # 0

Freetown, SL

>I just downloaded the Nik Package from Google. Has anybody tried it?

I am trying it as well. One thing I have experienced is that the HDR Efex Pro 2 plug-in crashes Photoshop CS6 every time. I have checked the requirements and there doesn't appear to be a problem. I wonder if anyone else has experienced this.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Plug-ins: Nik, Imagenomic & Others (Public) topic #950 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.