nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS Post-Processing & Workflow (Public) Plug-Ins (Public) topic #920
View in linear mode

Subject: "DxO Optics Pro 8 Elite - any experiences please?" Previous topic | Next topic
richardd300 Silver Member  Dyserth, UK  Nikonian since 19th Apr 2009 Thu 21-Mar-13 08:41 PM
3635 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"DxO Optics Pro 8 Elite - any experiences please?"

Has anyone any experience of DxO Optics Pro 8 Elite please? I have received an offer from a UK software retailer and was interesting in what they say it can do. I use Photoshop CS5, Lightroom 4 and Nik Capture NX2 and I'm wondering if anyone knows what this software may bring to the table please?

http://shop.colourconfidence.com/product.php/4614/dxo-optics-pro-8-elite

Richard

Visit my Nikonians gallery

Visit my website www.pixels4u.co.uk
The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. Einstein

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic

walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Colorado Springs, US  Nikonian since 05th May 2002 Fri 22-Mar-13 12:11 AM
15093 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: DxO Optics Pro 8 Elite - any experiences please?"
In response to Reply # 0

Like almost every product out there, you'll find proponents and detractors. I can't say it's my favorite program for a bunch of reasons (slow performance, lack of local adjustments, limited interoperability with Photoshop, etc.), but a set of people really like it. I would download a trial copy from the DxO website and see what you think. That's what really matters.

Rick Walker

My photos:

GeoVista Photography

richardd300 Silver Member  Dyserth, UK  Nikonian since 19th Apr 2009 Fri 22-Mar-13 06:32 AM
3635 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: DxO Optics Pro 8 Elite - any experiences please?"
In response to Reply # 1

Thanks Rick, I didn't see a trial download link but will certainly have a look.

Richard

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. Einstein

William Rounds Gold Member  Rambouillet, FR  Nikonian since 25th Mar 2011 Fri 22-Mar-13 07:01 AM
458 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: DxO Optics Pro 8 Elite - any experiences please?"
In response to Reply # 2

I use it as a RAW converter and am very happy with it. I also make frequent use of geometric manipulation possibilities when subjects include buildings, or people with super-wide angle lenses. It does these corrections very well and very easily.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

richardd300 Silver Member  Dyserth, UK  Nikonian since 19th Apr 2009 Fri 22-Mar-13 08:10 AM
#4. "RE: DxO Optics Pro 8 Elite - any experiences please?"
In response to Reply # 3

Thanks William. I will download the trial version today.

Richard

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS Post-Processing & Workflow (Public) Plug-Ins (Public) topic #920 Previous topic | Next topic