Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Plug-ins: Nik, Imagenomic & Others (Public) topic #915
View in linear mode

Subject: "Google pulls plug on desktop version of Snapseed" Previous topic | Next topic
jdc3 Registered since 14th Sep 2007Tue 19-Mar-13 05:43 PM
8 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Google pulls plug on desktop version of Snapseed"

Laurel, US

Little by little Google's support for Nik products dwindle. See article HERE

________

Joe

Visit My Personal Website.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Google pulls plug on desktop version of Snapseed
mklass Platinum Member
20th Mar 2013
walkerr Administrator
20th Mar 2013
cchoc Moderator
21st Mar 2013
walkerr Administrator
21st Mar 2013
cchoc Moderator
25th Mar 2013
walkerr Administrator
25th Mar 2013
cchoc Moderator
25th Mar 2013
CBSS Platinum Member
13th Apr 2013

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Wed 20-Mar-13 04:04 AM
5813 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Google pulls plug on desktop version of Snapseed"
In response to Reply # 0

Tacoma, US

I wonder if the PS plug-ins will be next.

Mick
http://www.mickklassphoto.com
or
Visit my nikonians gallery

walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas Nikonian since 05th May 2002Wed 20-Mar-13 11:16 AM
14396 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Google pulls plug on desktop version of Snapseed"
In response to Reply # 1

Colorado Springs, US

No - that's not happening.

Rick Walker

My photos:
GeoVista Photography

cchoc Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, most notably in Landscape Photography Charter MemberThu 21-Mar-13 11:10 AM
4515 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#3. "RE: Google pulls plug on desktop version of Snapseed"
In response to Reply # 0

Marietta, US

I didn't even know there was a desktop version of Snapseed.

Charlie...
stalking light

Nikonians Team Member

walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas Nikonian since 05th May 2002Thu 21-Mar-13 11:23 AM
14396 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Google pulls plug on desktop version of Snapseed"
In response to Reply # 3

Colorado Springs, US

That was the problem.

Rick Walker

My photos:
GeoVista Photography

cchoc Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, most notably in Landscape Photography Charter MemberMon 25-Mar-13 12:24 PM
4515 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#5. "RE: Google pulls plug on desktop version of Snapseed"
In response to Reply # 0

Marietta, US

>Little by little Google's support for Nik products dwindle.
>See article
>HERE
>

Maybe not:

http://www.niksoftware.com/nikcollection/usa/index.php?view=intro%2Fmain.shtml

Charlie...
stalking light

Nikonians Team Member

walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas Nikonian since 05th May 2002Mon 25-Mar-13 12:41 PM
#6. "RE: Google pulls plug on desktop version of Snapseed"
In response to Reply # 5

Colorado Springs, US

You'd think I knew something. They've also gone to one automated installer for the whole set, so you don't need to install the products separately.

Rick Walker

My photos:
GeoVista Photography

cchoc Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, most notably in Landscape Photography Charter MemberMon 25-Mar-13 12:53 PM
#7. "RE: Google pulls plug on desktop version of Snapseed"
In response to Reply # 6
Mon 25-Mar-13 12:53 PM by cchoc

Marietta, US

I only wish I hadn't bought sharpener just last week.

Charlie...
stalking light

Nikonians Team Member

CBSS Platinum Member Nikonian since 27th Sep 2004Sat 13-Apr-13 01:21 PM
66 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Google pulls plug on desktop version of Snapseed"
In response to Reply # 7

San Pedro, US

Well one good thing is that if you just bought sharpner last week, there is a free upgrade to the total package from Google. I have owned all NIK products for a long time. I just called them and they checked my reg's and sent me a e-mail with the download link for all software.

read this
http://www.tuaw.com/2013/03/25/nik-software-creates-bundle-of-mac-plugins-drops-price-70/

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Plug-ins: Nik, Imagenomic & Others (Public) topic #915 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.