Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Plug-ins: Nik, Imagenomic & Others (Public) topic #906
View in linear mode

Subject: "Source for NIK Silver Efex Pro 2" Previous topic | Next topic
slothead Gold Member Nikonian since 12th Aug 2009Wed 06-Mar-13 06:06 PM
1546 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Source for NIK Silver Efex Pro 2"

Frederick, US

I was browsing online and found a site called Smart Shop selling Silver Efex Pro 2 for $60 (standard price is $200). I'm a little suspicious, but you never know the kinds of arrangements/deals that have been set up. So my questions are: Is this place legit, and can I trust them?

Thanks,

Tom
http://tjmanson.smugmug.com
D800, et al.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas Nikonian since 05th May 2002Thu 07-Mar-13 05:02 AM
14600 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Source for NIK Silver Efex Pro 2"
In response to Reply # 0

Colorado Springs, US

It certainly doesn't sound legitimate. Many people have been the victims of software license scams.

Rick Walker

My photos:
GeoVista Photography

jim thomas Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Jan 2003Thu 07-Mar-13 07:32 PM
1279 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Source for NIK Silver Efex Pro 2"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu 07-Mar-13 07:33 PM by jim thomas

Edmond, US

Hi Tom,

I doubt that it is legitimate for two reasons: 1. The "too good to be true" test; and 2. I think that NIK has discontinued its practice of selling Silver Efex Pro 2 through third parties. I would therefore be very skeptical of that offer. If you want to consider the purchase I suggest that you see if the vendor is rated on

http://www.resellerratings.com/

JDT

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006Mon 25-Mar-13 11:56 PM
12825 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#3. "RE: Source for NIK Silver Efex Pro 2"
In response to Reply # 0

San Jose, US

If you have any other NIK products you can get the full suite for free from Google or pay $145 for everything including Silver Efex Pro 2.

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

"Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the
camera"

Retirement is a gift of time - Don't waste it!

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Plug-ins: Nik, Imagenomic & Others (Public) topic #906 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.