nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

can HDR Efex Pro 2 be run as a standalone program?

pwarbeck

Tucson AZ, US
254 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
pwarbeck Registered since 25th May 2009
Sat 22-Dec-12 12:04 AM

For quite some time I have been using HDR Efex Pro for Lightroom (HEPL) as a standalone application on Windows 7. Today, I purchased the HDR Efex Pro 2 for lightroom (HEPL2) upgrade using my existing product key and installed it. During installation, the installer asked me to specify a host application. Since I don't intend to run the program as a plugin, I did not specify a host. The resulting executable, when double-clicked, starts a process, but does not launch application window.

I know that Nik says they no longer support a standalone mode for their plugins, but I have heard repeated claims by users that they have gotten HEPL2 to work as one. If someone knows the trick for Windows 7, please do tell!

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: can HDR Efex Pro 2 be run as a standalone program? davidd1833 Silver Member
29th Dec 2012
Reply message RE: can HDR Efex Pro 2 be run as a standalone program? pwarbeck
29th Dec 2012
     Reply message RE: can HDR Efex Pro 2 be run as a standalone program? walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Master Ribbon awarded as a member who has gone beyond technical knowledge to show mastery of the art and science of photography
29th Dec 2012
29th Dec 2012
               Reply message RE: can HDR Efex Pro 2 be run as a standalone program? walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Master Ribbon awarded as a member who has gone beyond technical knowledge to show mastery of the art and science of photography
29th Dec 2012
29th Dec 2012
29th Dec 2012
29th Dec 2012
29th Dec 2012
29th Dec 2012
30th Dec 2012
30th Dec 2012

G