Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Plug-ins: Nik, Imagenomic & Others (Public) topic #818
View in linear mode

Subject: "NIK Products Limited Availability" Previous topic | Next topic
DAJolley Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Dec 2007Sat 17-Nov-12 11:09 AM
1153 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"NIK Products Limited Availability"
Sat 17-Nov-12 01:47 PM by DAJolley

US

I just noticed that Adorama, B&H and Amazon and other retailers show either "discontinued" or "product no longer available" for NIK software products. I contacted Outdoor Photo Gear, where I recently purchased some NIK software and they said NIK is no longer going to sell through retail outlets.
Dave Jolley

David Jolley
Pickerington, Ohio
Please visit my Website

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Sat 17-Nov-12 02:38 PM
5907 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: NIK Products Limited Availability"
In response to Reply # 0

Tacoma, US

Well, that didn't take long.

Perhaps they are simply going to sell via downloads, with no physical product (CD, box etc.). The Nik online store is still open and offering all of the products for download only.

Hopefully, it's not the beginning of the end.

Mick
http://www.mickklassphoto.com
or
Visit my nikonians gallery

ShaoLynx Gold Member Nikonian since 17th Aug 2010Sun 18-Nov-12 07:56 PM
29 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: NIK Products Limited Availability"
In response to Reply # 1

Tienen, BE

That's the way I understood it from a local pro photog MoreThanWords.be.
He's a very keen NIK user and a reseller who frequently provides discount codes.
I don't mind, really, since online download is the way I buy my SW and add-ons since the last couple of years. I hope that source doesn't dry up, though, and that they keep developing these NIK crown jewels further.
In the mean time I invested in both the OnOne and Topaz suites, just to spread my eggs over more than one basket. Takes some learning curve, though. Stuff for the coming holyday season...

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

JosephK Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit. Nikonian since 17th Apr 2006Tue 11-Dec-12 12:15 AM
4327 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: NIK Products Limited Availability"
In response to Reply # 1

Seattle, WA, US

>Perhaps they are simply going to sell via downloads, with no
>physical product (CD, box etc.).

This is exactly the case according to the Nik and Google folks that were on "The Grid" interview with Scott and Matt at KelbyTV.com.

---------+---------+---------+---------+
Joseph K
Seattle, WA, USA

D700, D200, D70S, 24-70mm f/2.8, VR 70-200mm f/2.8 II,
50mm f/1.4 D, 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 VR, 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5 DX

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Plug-ins: Nik, Imagenomic & Others (Public) topic #818 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.