Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Plug-ins: Nik, Imagenomic & Others (Public) topic #776
View in linear mode

Subject: "New Perfect Photo Suite 7 coming out" Previous topic | Next topic
Kidkett Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Apr 2010Wed 10-Oct-12 02:03 AM
434 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"New Perfect Photo Suite 7 coming out"

Campo, US

I just wondered if anyone has tried the new Perfect Photo Suite 7 that is coming out soon. I think they have really moved forward in a good way. I like the new look and working with the picture at full size instead of the reduced size in Suite 6. Everything works much faster in Suite 7 although it has change the setup that I am still getting used to.

And the Perfect Resize in Suite 6 that used to work great with my D80 fell apart when I moved to a D800 with the big file size I am guessing. When I resized a picture I got patches that didn't process around the picture, that doesn't happen now with the new Suite 7 it just works great. I print a lot of big prints and really like how it resizes my pictures, it does a better job than anything else I have found so far. It also really works better in Windows 8 more than Windows 7 and has a different look to it. Just like your thoughts if you are using it.

Bill

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: New Perfect Photo Suite 7 coming out
PerroneFord Silver Member
23rd Oct 2012
mklass Platinum Member
23rd Oct 2012
Kidkett Silver Member
23rd Oct 2012
jmiguez Silver Member
31st Oct 2012
mklass Platinum Member
01st Nov 2012
Kidkett Silver Member
02nd Nov 2012
mklass Platinum Member
02nd Nov 2012
massulo Gold Member
13th Nov 2012
Kidkett Silver Member
13th Nov 2012
massulo Gold Member
13th Nov 2012
mklass Platinum Member
13th Nov 2012
Kidkett Silver Member
14th Nov 2012
Tinkers Realm
15th Nov 2012
massulo Gold Member
15th Nov 2012
Kidkett Silver Member
16th Nov 2012
massulo Gold Member
16th Nov 2012
jmiguez Silver Member
16th Nov 2012
rteremi2 Silver Member
16th Nov 2012
mklass Platinum Member
16th Nov 2012
Kidkett Silver Member
17th Nov 2012
rteremi2 Silver Member
17th Nov 2012
Kidkett Silver Member
18th Nov 2012
rteremi2 Silver Member
28th Nov 2012
rteremi2 Silver Member
28th Nov 2012
rteremi2 Silver Member
29th Nov 2012

PerroneFord Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Apr 2011Tue 23-Oct-12 06:35 PM
2535 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: New Perfect Photo Suite 7 coming out"
In response to Reply # 0

Tallahassee, US

I didn't think it was available yet. How do you have it?

------
Webpage: http://www.ptfphoto.com

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Tue 23-Oct-12 07:58 PM
5909 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: New Perfect Photo Suite 7 coming out"
In response to Reply # 1
Tue 23-Oct-12 07:58 PM by mklass

Tacoma, US

The release date is Oct 31 (Happy Halloween!). Perhaps some beta testers are free to comment.

With Nik being absorbed into Google, and the uncertainty concerning their plug-ins, OnOne may have a opportunity to expand. I see the new PPS will have a B&W app. It will be interesting to see how it compares to Silver Efex Pro.

Mick
http://www.mickklassphoto.com
or
Visit my nikonians gallery

Kidkett Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Apr 2010Tue 23-Oct-12 10:45 PM
434 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: New Perfect Photo Suite 7 coming out"
In response to Reply # 1

Campo, US

Hi Perrone,

I have their Suite 6 and got a email to test their Suite 7 beta so I did. There first release worked great but the last one I am having problems with the Perfect re-size again. It sure runs great in Windows 8. I just hope they can get it fixed for the big file size of the D800.

Bill

jmiguez Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Oct 2010Wed 31-Oct-12 01:18 AM
482 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: New Perfect Photo Suite 7 coming out"
In response to Reply # 0

Lafayette, US

I got my serial number and download link today. I set it up tonight and tried it on a couple of pictures. I really like the new format. The controls are almost completely like Photoshop and Lightroom.

It is easy to bring the picture from either Lightroom or Photoshop into OnOne and back. I debated, on this upgrade but I am glad I did.

On another note. The video tutorials are fantastic. You will learn the program and see how they do things with the program over at OnOne.

John

My Pictures may be seen here: http://jmiguez.smugmug.com/

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Thu 01-Nov-12 03:28 AM
5909 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: New Perfect Photo Suite 7 coming out"
In response to Reply # 4
Thu 01-Nov-12 03:33 PM by mklass

Tacoma, US

I just downloaded and installed it, and spent about an hour or so playing around. This will give Nik a run for their money.

It will run as a stand alone, plug in from PS, LR or Aperture or from the open with command in CNX.

The new B&W conversion module had lots of presets, nicely categorized. Some I can't imagine using, but that is usually the case.

The are a number of brushes to apply effects locally, increasing or decreasing the effect. Sliders ad menus to set individual effects, also. There is even a frame for camera viewfinder that will put spots in your image, just in case you've cleaned your sensor and regret it! This module seems to have all of the features of Silver Efex (except Control Points, of course) and many added ones. It is faster, too.

The Effects module is like Color Efex, but with more options. It also includes something called the Masking Bug, which is kind of like the Focus Bug in OnOne's Focal Point. Not exactly a control point, but close. The selection of filters is large (more than I could check out in an hour). You can stack filters, as in CNX. Again, the module is fast.

There is a file browser, so using it in stand alone mode is pretty easy. and it will save PSD files with layers.

The interface seems pretty clean, fast and so far, no hiccups.

If they add a noise reduction module to this, there isn't much I would need Nik for anymore, if they end up getting google-ized. (although I still like ColorEfex for it's CNX integration, but who knows how long that will last.)

Mick
or

Kidkett Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Apr 2010Fri 02-Nov-12 01:33 AM
#6. "RE: New Perfect Photo Suite 7 coming out"
In response to Reply # 5

Campo, US

Yes Mick,

I thought it was very good myself. I usually edit in NX2 first and then touch it up in OnOne and is seems to work very well. I have changed a NEF in NX2 to a TIFF and gone right into OnOne and edited it right in Perfect Suites and it almost does as good of a job depending on the picture. I find it doesn't do a good job changing a NEF to it's PSD format though.

I asked there support and giving what I would like to change surveys and told them about the noise reduction, but they didn't listen to me. I am sure many others are thinking the same thing. Well maybe next time.

Enjoy.
Bill

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Fri 02-Nov-12 02:11 AM
#7. "RE: New Perfect Photo Suite 7 coming out"
In response to Reply # 6
Fri 02-Nov-12 09:32 AM by mklass

Tacoma, US

Yes, I was surprised to see that you could actually open a NEF, whether edited in CNX or not at all, in PPS. I had good luck with some but others had some very strange things happened with colors, like a pink sky. AS near as I can tell, this only seems to happen with D800e NEF files, s my D3s and D7000 NEFs look fine.

PPS seems to ignore any edits to the NEF made in CNX, working one the base data.

I wonder where onOne is going with this, considering all of the new features and standalone capability of the suite.

Mick
or

massulo Gold Member Nikonian since 07th May 2002Tue 13-Nov-12 01:32 AM
10584 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: New Perfect Photo Suite 7 coming out"
In response to Reply # 0

Tampa/Lutz, US

I purchased this a week or two ago Its fantastic. I don't normally buy software. But I did for this one
If u check out some of my recent posts u can see why

Preston-(The Tampa Nikonian)..D300

-One does not know what one is missing - until you miss it..

My Website

Kidkett Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Apr 2010Tue 13-Nov-12 02:14 AM
#9. "RE: New Perfect Photo Suite 7 coming out"
In response to Reply # 8

Campo, US

Hi Preston,

It has come a long way and I now use it more than my Nik products except for Color Efex Pro inside Capture NX2 that I use to edit first and save to a TIFF file. I print big prints and really like the resize as it does the best job that I have found. There is so much that you can do and does a great job of it and they keep adding to it. I just hope that they come out with a noise reduction somehow and we will be all set.

Enjoy,
Bill

massulo Gold Member Nikonian since 07th May 2002Tue 13-Nov-12 03:21 AM
10584 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: New Perfect Photo Suite 7 coming out"
In response to Reply # 9

Tampa/Lutz, US

Get the new Imagenomic NOISEWARE ITS GREAT...

My Website

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Tue 13-Nov-12 10:39 AM
#11. "RE: New Perfect Photo Suite 7 coming out"
In response to Reply # 10

Tacoma, US

>Get the new Imagenomic NOISEWARE ITS GREAT...

While Imagenomic has updated the plug-in version of Noiseware to v5.x, the standalone version has not been updated in ages. It is still V 2.6. Unless you use Photoshop or LR, you are struck with the old version.

It still does a decent job of noise reduction, but the interface is somewhat crude.

There aren't too many options left for stand-alone noise reduction. Noise Ninja looks like it has been folded into a raw converter called Photo Ninja at a significantly higher price. Dfine is still out there, as long as Nik's products survive.

Mick
or

Kidkett Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Apr 2010Wed 14-Nov-12 12:01 PM
#12. "RE: New Perfect Photo Suite 7 coming out"
In response to Reply # 11

Campo, US

Preston & Mick,

I downloaded the trial and played with it for a while and it does a good job. I have been using the Better Quality 2012 In Capture NX2 and getting good results with it. I put it up against Noiseware and NX2 seems to keep better detail but I need to play with Noiseware more as it does a good job fast. I am thinking of getting it for when I am working in CS6 as it did a very good job just click on and go. Very fast and easy, I will just have to learn to adjust the sliders to keep a little more detail. I have Nikís Dfine but donít use it much anymore as it seems out of the loop. But I really like Perfect Photo Suite 7 they did a great job with this version.

Thanks for the tip.

Bill

Tinkers Realm Registered since 24th Feb 2011Thu 15-Nov-12 06:28 AM
266 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#13. "RE: New Perfect Photo Suite 7 coming out"
In response to Reply # 12

Pacific Wonderland!, US

I have upgraded too & think this version is much easier to navigate. In Addition, they have made it much easier to add presets too!

Art is the only way to run away without leaving home.

www.TinkersRealm.com

massulo Gold Member Nikonian since 07th May 2002Thu 15-Nov-12 03:17 PM
#14. "RE: New Perfect Photo Suite 7 coming out"
In response to Reply # 13

Tampa/Lutz, US

Have u watch the videos?

My Website

Kidkett Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Apr 2010Fri 16-Nov-12 01:01 AM
#15. "RE: New Perfect Photo Suite 7 coming out"
In response to Reply # 14

Campo, US

No Preston I have not, I will have to do that I sure it will help a lot. I have been playing some more and getting better at it already. I will buy it when the trial runs out. Which version do you use? I don't know if it make a difference but if one is better than the other I would like to get the right one.

Bill

massulo Gold Member Nikonian since 07th May 2002Fri 16-Nov-12 01:35 AM
#16. "RE: New Perfect Photo Suite 7 coming out"
In response to Reply # 15

Tampa/Lutz, US

It's the new 7 suite. Honestly I very rarely pay for software
But this is well worth the price

My Website

jmiguez Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Oct 2010Fri 16-Nov-12 01:37 AM
482 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#17. "RE: New Perfect Photo Suite 7 coming out"
In response to Reply # 14

Lafayette, US

I have found the videos to be most educational. I love the way they take you though the photo from beginning to end showing the steps.

John

My Pictures may be seen here: http://jmiguez.smugmug.com/

rteremi2 Silver Member Nikonian since 24th Aug 2007Fri 16-Nov-12 01:18 PM
74 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#18. "RE: New Perfect Photo Suite 7 coming out"
In response to Reply # 0

Grand Rapids, US

From my usage of the Photo Suite 7 demo, I sent On One the following issue:

Iím currently an owner of Photo Suite 6 and using a trial copy of PS7. Iíve searched the knowledge base and Iíve not come across this issue but I can describe it as follows:

Brand new installation of Windows 7 64bit fully up to date, latest Nvidia drivers, Lightroom 4.1, Photoshop CS6, Photo Suite 7 while using NEF files from either my Nikon D800 or my D800e.

When applying a preset; most will not generate a preview unless itís the second item. So Iím applying a preset and then Ďaddingí another. Itís at this point that the preview is visible and the Ďaddedí preset is the only visible addition. This is an easy work around, but the problem is; when the preset is applied and the file is saved; either the file never comes back to the host application (it processes to a percentage and never goes further) or it does complete the process but only a fraction of the image is adjusted based on the preset selected.

This same issue applies regardless of how the application is launched; via Lightroom, via CS6, or stand alone.

Am I missing something, or is this an issue thatís being addressed? Something in the Nikon RAW file from the 800ís?

Rick Teremi

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Fri 16-Nov-12 02:29 PM
#19. "RE: New Perfect Photo Suite 7 coming out"
In response to Reply # 18

Tacoma, US

I haven't seen this problem in my Win7 64 bit machine, but I run Photo Suite 7 in standalone mode and use CNX. I also have an ATI video card.
Mick
or

Kidkett Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Apr 2010Sat 17-Nov-12 03:06 AM
#20. "RE: New Perfect Photo Suite 7 coming out"
In response to Reply # 18

Campo, US

Hi Rick,

Are you using the first beta release or the second? Before you go to the OnOne tech support, the new release is out so download it and see if it fixes any problems you have. I have found it to be very good with no issues with the final release. I did have some issues in the second beta release but they have not shown up in the final release, but nothing like that youíre talking about. Try the new version out and see if it works and if not call tech support they are great to help you out.

Good Luck,
Bill

rteremi2 Silver Member Nikonian since 24th Aug 2007Sat 17-Nov-12 02:02 PM
74 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#21. "RE: New Perfect Photo Suite 7 coming out"
In response to Reply # 20

Grand Rapids, US

I'm using the release version. The problem is with the D800 and 800e files as I tested my old D300 files and they work perfectly.

Rick Teremi

Kidkett Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Apr 2010Sun 18-Nov-12 02:26 AM
#22. "RE: New Perfect Photo Suite 7 coming out"
In response to Reply # 21

Campo, US

I would contact their support to see what is wrong. If you do let us know what the problem was.

Good Luck,
Bill

rteremi2 Silver Member Nikonian since 24th Aug 2007Wed 28-Nov-12 03:19 PM
#23. "RE: New Perfect Photo Suite 7 coming out"
In response to Reply # 22

Grand Rapids, US

Iíve been in contact with customer service and tech support at On One. Iíve uploaded a few RAW files from a D800 to their FTP server. Now itís a waiting game until they figure out whatís happening.

Rick Teremi

rteremi2 Silver Member Nikonian since 24th Aug 2007Wed 28-Nov-12 05:09 PM
#24. "RE: New Perfect Photo Suite 7 coming out"
In response to Reply # 23

Grand Rapids, US

Dear Rick,

Thanks for using onOne. We performed some testing with D800 files and our experience has been less than good. These files are so large our software does not process them at a speed we are happy with. We apologize for the frustration you have experienced and are working to improve our products right now. Please accept a free upgrade to Perfect Photo Suite 7, download and license link coming soon.

Possible work around solution would be to compress the images before processing.

Please quote this message in your response.

Regards,

Technical Support
onOne Software

Iím sure theyíll get this sorted out, and I like where theyíre going with the suite. In the meantime I'll just keep using the Nik plug-ins.

Rick Teremi

rteremi2 Silver Member Nikonian since 24th Aug 2007Thu 29-Nov-12 02:53 AM
#25. "RE: New Perfect Photo Suite 7 coming out"
In response to Reply # 24

Grand Rapids, US

The 7.01 update of the software is out there and works perfectly with both D800 and D800e RAW files.

Rick Teremi

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Plug-ins: Nik, Imagenomic & Others (Public) topic #776 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.