nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Plug-ins: Nik, Imagenomic & Others (Public) topic #728
View in linear mode

Subject: "EXIFToolGUI 5" Previous topic | Next topic
mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Tue 11-Sep-12 05:09 PM
6230 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"EXIFToolGUI 5"

Tacoma, US

I have been using V4 of ExiftoolGUI for quite a while and recently attempted to upgrade to V5 (5.14 specifically). I can start the program OK, but when I click on a JPG or NEF file it locks right up. No info is displayed, I just get the hourglass equivalent.

I am running Windows 7. The EXIFTool and EXIFToolGUI files are installed in C:\Program Files (x86) and my EXIFTool version is 8.56. The old version 4.22.0 works fine. This happens on both my desktop and laptop (same configuration).

Has anyone else had this problem or have a suggested solution?

Mick
http://www.mickklassphoto.com
or
Visit my nikonians gallery

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

newbird Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 25th Apr 2006Tue 27-Nov-12 06:19 PM
2006 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: EXIFToolGUI 5"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue 27-Nov-12 06:20 PM by newbird

Neuville, near Quebec City, CA

Hi Mick,

I tried them a few days ago for the first time. The GUI didn't work and they say it is apparently not maintained anymore and isn't necessarily compatible with the latest version of EXIFTool.

I sent them both to the recycle bin

I have not looked for alternatives since.

Edit: I run Win7 on a powerful machine

Yvan
Quebec Nikonian
http://yvanbedardphotonature.com

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Plug-ins: Nik, Imagenomic & Others (Public) topic #728 Previous topic | Next topic