nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Plug-ins: Nik, Imagenomic & Others (Public) topic #1097
View in linear mode

Subject: "onOne Photo Suite" Previous topic | Next topic
Gandalf_22h Silver Member Charter MemberSun 18-Aug-13 03:13 PM
1001 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"onOne Photo Suite"

Runcorn, UK

Hi. Looking for some advice from users of onOne software.

I have PhotoSuite 7.5 Premium which I have been running with CS6 and as a Stand Alone.

I am adding Lightroom 5 into my workflow but would like to know if people recommend I un-install the PhotoSuite before installing Lightroom 5 and then re-install the Suite or would you just install Lightroom and then run the Suite's installer just to put the plugins in place?

Hope I have made myself clear. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Nikonian from Cheshire UK
per digitus ad astra

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: onOne Photo Suite
archivue Gold Member
19th Aug 2013
Gandalf_22h Silver Member
19th Aug 2013
archivue Gold Member
19th Aug 2013
20th Aug 2013
24th Aug 2013
archivue Gold Member
25th Aug 2013
jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
20th Aug 2013

archivue Gold Member Nikonian since 26th Mar 2002Mon 19-Aug-13 10:55 AM
5520 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: onOne Photo Suite"
In response to Reply # 0

Paris, FR

Er... I installed the 7.5 suite with LR4 and Aperture, then upgraded to LR5 and everything was OK, so I guess you just have to put the proper plugs-in in place and enjoy...

Jacques

"Un photographe, finalement, c'est quelqu'un comme les autres, mais qui prend des photos." - Man Ray
My Gallery...
My Other Gallery...

Gandalf_22h Silver Member Charter MemberMon 19-Aug-13 11:07 AM
1001 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: onOne Photo Suite"
In response to Reply # 1
Mon 19-Aug-13 07:31 PM by Gandalf_22h

Runcorn, UK

Thank you but I do not have an older version of Lightroom already installed. This will be a first time installation of Lightroom 5.

per digitus ad astra

archivue Gold Member Nikonian since 26th Mar 2002Mon 19-Aug-13 11:53 PM
5520 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: onOne Photo Suite"
In response to Reply # 2

Paris, FR

First you install LR5, then you install the plugs-in with the onOne installer...

Jacques

"Un photographe, finalement, c'est quelqu'un comme les autres, mais qui prend des photos." - Man Ray
My Gallery...
My Other Gallery...

Gandalf_22h Silver Member Charter MemberTue 20-Aug-13 08:28 AM
#4. "RE: onOne Photo Suite"
In response to Reply # 3

Runcorn, UK

Thanks archivue. I shall give that a go.
If all goes well,fine - but I have found a knowledge base article explaining how to add the plugins manually to Lightroom, if I run into any problems.

Thank you for taking the trouble to reply to my posts.

Cheers now

per digitus ad astra

Gandalf_22h Silver Member Charter MemberSat 24-Aug-13 11:26 AM
#6. "RE: onOne Photo Suite"
In response to Reply # 4

Runcorn, UK

>Thanks archivue. I shall give that a go.
>If all goes well,fine - but I have found a knowledge base
>article explaining how to add the plugins manually to
>Lightroom, if I run into any problems.
>
>Thank you for taking the trouble to reply to my posts.
>
>Cheers now

All done - seamless. Thought I'd let you know how it went.

per digitus ad astra

archivue Gold Member Nikonian since 26th Mar 2002Sun 25-Aug-13 12:05 AM
#7. "RE: onOne Photo Suite"
In response to Reply # 6

Paris, FR

Thanks'... Now it's time to lay with it and show us the results...

Most of my B&W are now done with it ! As I use Aperture and LR5, changing from one to the other from time to time, it allows me to keep my final settings identical (whether in color or B&W) !

Have fun...

Jacques

My Gallery...
My Other Gallery...

jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 21st Mar 2009Tue 20-Aug-13 05:57 PM
4818 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: onOne Photo Suite"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue 20-Aug-13 06:00 PM by jdroach

Milwaukee, US

I use it both stand alone and as a plug in for Lightroom, Aperture and CS6. Works fine. I like what the suite offers. I use Topaz, Nik and onOne as plug ins. I am able to use all very well through each prime editor, although Topaz offers a few challenges on how you access some of their apps within Lightroom. I use Topaz and onOne as stand alone too but only less then 10% of the time.

jdroach, a Milwaukee area and sometimes Chicago area Nikonian.

Visit my Nikonians Blog

Visit my Nikonian gallery

My Flickr Photostream

jdroachphotography.com

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Plug-ins: Nik, Imagenomic & Others (Public) topic #1097 Previous topic | Next topic