Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Plug-ins: Nik, Imagenomic & Others (Public) topic #1070
View in linear mode

Subject: "Accessory NAS: DxO Filmpack" Previous topic | Next topic
olivierrychner Gold Member  Awarded for his long standing high level of commitment to the Nikonians community and demonstrated excellence in the art and science of photography. Nikonian since 03rd Jan 2005Sun 30-Jun-13 02:17 PM
4852 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Accessory NAS: DxO Filmpack"

CH

Hi!

I think I've been bit by a case of "NAS for accessories": I have downloaded the free trial version of DxO Filmpack, and I'm rather hooked. Funnily, minutes before doing that, I did the same with the Nik equivalent, Siver Efex Pro, and I almost immediately uninstalled it, even if that meant losing the U-points. Am I crazy?

Olivier Rychner

Auta i lomë! And my Nikon's only awaiting daylight...

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ArthurNikonF Registered since 10th Oct 2011Thu 12-Sep-13 04:13 PM
404 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Accessory NAS: DxO Filmpack"
In response to Reply # 0

Worcester, US

I briefly thought about plugins like this one- great shots, by the way! But, I simply enjoy shooting with my Nikon film cameras too much. I apply a whole different look to my D300 and D40 shots.

Please read my blog (Nikon, Hasselblad, AND Polaroid), at www.arthurpolaroid.wordpress.com/ Nikon D300, D40, F Photomic Ftn, FE-2, F3HP, N80, F2S

JonK Moderator Awarded for his high level skills and in-depth knowledge in various areas, such as Wildlife, Landscape and Stage Photography Nikonian since 03rd Jul 2004Sat 14-Sep-13 05:49 PM
4194 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Accessory NAS: DxO Filmpack"
In response to Reply # 0

New York, US

This is just another case where two (or more) software packages are very good. It becomes a subjective decision based on the differences in the interface and the effects you like to create.

I've never used DxO Filmpack so I cannot make an informed comparison. I'm very happy with the Nik product line; I like the controls and, of course, control points.

Jon Kandel
A New York City Nikonian and Team Member
Please visit my website and critique the images!

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Plug-ins: Nik, Imagenomic & Others (Public) topic #1070 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.